Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2017, 06:36 AM
Steve Byk

Default 12/26 (SA): Malibu, La Brea (G1's), Mathis Mile, San Antonio (G2's)

Last edited by Kasept : 12-24-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:56 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

My stakes opinions.
Collected jogs then beats Gun Runner in the Pegasus. He will appreciate the 9f in the big showdown.
The Mathis Mile is wide open. I'm letting Big Score beat me. Im using 1,3,5,6 and would bet the 6 to win at 8-1.
Unique Belle will beat me. I'll use Paradise Woods defensively. But I like Faypien and Just a little Hope at big prices from off the pace.
The Malibu, good race.
I wanted to be against Favorable Outcome, but the 2 horses he beat came back to both run well. I'll use him defensively. Pavel is a total toss for me. I think Irish Freedom is going to love the cutback, settle early and crush these horses. We shall see.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:08 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
My stakes opinions.
Collected jogs then beats Gun Runner in the Pegasus. He will appreciate the 9f in the big showdown.
Do you remember, way back ages ago, when there was a common belief that Gun Runner couldn't get 10?
Old 12-26-2017, 07:46 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
Do you remember, way back ages ago, when there was a common belief that Gun Runner couldn't get 10?
Yup
Old 12-26-2017, 10:57 AM
Tropical Park

Quote:
My stakes opinions.
Collected jogs then beats Gun Runner in the Pegasus.
Thats a joke right ?

GUN RUNNER ( Candy Ride) will be the all time leading North American horse in on track winnings after he wins the Pegasus.
Consider he is a better horse than the one season wonder Arrogate ever was.
the 21st century Man O War....please...give me a break.

Had Gun Runner not been held in quarantine at FG in 2016, he would have more earnings now than Arrogate as he would have won the Pegasus last year or ran second. I still can't believe they are not going back to Dubai with GR.

It just seems kinda suspect to me, that an unbridled, known for breaking, would skip the classic and undergo , who knows what in terms of preparation, probably a few visits from the doctor though; to get ready for a 4 month season, which he could not duplicate in 2017.

Did not win after his trip to Dubai.

kinda reminds me of Benerdini & Ghost Zapper, both overrated & overhyped
Old 12-26-2017, 11:13 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretriat34 View Post

I guess you forgot about the Travers and DWC in which Arrogate trounced him.

I do agree with you about Bernadini and GZ though.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:13 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Thats a joke right ?

GUN RUNNER ( Candy Ride) will be the all time leading North American horse in on track winnings after he wins the Pegasus.

Had Gun Runner not been held in quarantine at FG in 2016, he would have more earnings now than Arrogate as he would have won the Pegasus last year or ran second. I still can't believe they are not going back to Dubai with GR.

It just seems kinda suspect to me, that an unbridled, known for breaking, would skip the classic and undergo , who knows what in terms of preparation, probably a few visits from the doctor though; to get ready for a 4 month season, which he could not duplicate in 2017.

Did not win after his trip to Dubai.

You apparently think spelling horse's names correctly is also overrated and overhyped.

Your opinion here has stunk for a long time.

Kudos.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-26-2017, 11:38 AM
Tropical Park

Quote:
I guess you forgot about the Travers and DWC in which Arrogate trounced him.

I do agree with you about Bernadini and GZ though.
Ever wonder why he wasn't racing in the TC races...perhaps the drugs hadn't made their way outta his blood, like they managed to do just before the Travers...pump them up in the spring , race them in late summer. Seems like Bob has a new routine for winning the Travers and the BC ..now this year, there was no spring to go back to the farm visit the doc and get ready to race.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:40 AM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
You apparently think spelling horse's names correctly is also overrated and overhyped.

Your opinion here has stunk for a long time.

Kudos.

am I supposed to feel bad now that you have taken a cheap shot at me. I guess you need the internet to feel big and bad..typing things you wouldn't dare say in person...well congrats to you , you have found a way to make yourself a big guy.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
My stakes opinions.
The Mathis Mile is wide open. I'm letting Big Score beat me. Im using 1,3,5,6 and would bet the 6 to win at 8-1.
Unique Belle will beat me. I'll use Paradise Woods defensively. But I like Faypien and Just a little Hope at big prices from off the pace.
The Malibu, good race.
I wanted to be against Favorable Outcome, but the 2 horses he beat came back to both run well. I'll use him defensively. Pavel is a total toss for me. I think Irish Freedom is going to love the cutback, settle early and crush these horses. We shall see.
Maybe collected should worry about beating against Giant Expectations first.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:51 PM
Ellis Park

Smith was kind of chirping/nudging at him.
Red flags with Collected now.

Last edited by taxicab : 12-27-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:43 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Ever wonder why he wasn't racing in the TC races...perhaps the drugs hadn't made their way outta his blood, like they managed to do just before the Travers...pump them up in the spring , race them in late summer. Seems like Bob has a new routine for winning the Travers and the BC ..now this year, there was no spring to go back to the farm visit the doc and get ready to race.
Oh, and I thought it was because he was still a maiden, or thereabouts. I'm glad you cleared that up for me.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Oh, and I thought it was because he was still a maiden, or thereabouts. I'm glad you cleared that up for me.
glad I could help chuck..

was the colt a maiden because he couldn't run without clean blood ?

Last edited by Secretriat34 : 12-27-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:34 PM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
Smith was kind of chirping/nudging at him.
Red flags with Collected now.
Is Collected another Arrogate..win 4 with blood clean enough to race, then when its gone..no more horse

seems to be a pattern with Baffert..no ?

and why is that...what has he been doing to get the ponies who haven'[t raced lately to all of a sudden race lights out...and then 4 races later..become an also ran ? hmmm ? what could it be ...???
Old 12-27-2017, 02:51 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Is Collected another Arrogate..win 4 with blood clean enough to race, then when its gone..no more horse

and why is that...what has he been doing to get the ponies who haven'[t raced lately to all of a sudden race lights out...and then 4 races later..become an also ran ? hmmm ? what could it be ...???
You're a moron and continue to destroy every thread you post in. Why don't you go back into hibernation
Old 12-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Tropical Park

i'm just trying to point out that Bob seems to have a pattern of rest them, and then they win 4, and then there just standard breds..I wonder why ?

maybe you can explain it to me ?
did i miss something..?
Old 12-27-2017, 05:53 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
i'm just trying to point out that Bob seems to have a pattern of rest them, and then they win 4, and then there just standard breds..I wonder why ?

maybe you can explain it to me ?
did i miss something..?
Because save Pegram clan they are all fungible?
Old 12-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:

I think Collected might be over the top for this season.......it happens,horses wear down.
He looked like a tired horse yesterday.......nothing more.
Some R&R at a farm might do him some good,give a horse a vacation away from the track and they usually return in solid order.
Sidebar: Mike Smith took a lot of heat for the ride Tuesday,it wasn't his fault.
Smith was anything but high and tight with the reins.......Collected just wasn't cooperating.
I give Mr. Smith a lot of credit for falling on the sword and taking the heat for that ride......there isn't a jockey out there that was going to get Collected to fire yesterday.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:04 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
glad I could help chuck..

was the colt a maiden because he couldn't run without clean blood ?
Obviously.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:28 AM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
I think Collected might be over the top for this season.......it happens,horses wear down.
He looked like a tired horse yesterday.......nothing more.
Some R&R at a farm might do him some good,give a horse a vacation away from the track and they usually return in solid order.
Sidebar: Mike Smith took a lot of heat for the ride Tuesday,it wasn't his fault.
Smith was anything but high and tight with the reins.......Collected just wasn't cooperating.
I give Mr. Smith a lot of credit for falling on the sword and taking the heat for that ride......there isn't a jockey out there that was going to get Collected to fire yesterday.
i respect your opinion on this and appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

However, the question as to WHY he was so tired is the heart of the matter...you pump them up, they run...then they fall down..which is the point I am trying to get at...

Consider Gun Runner...has he ever run a bad race ?
he is consistently good

then look at what bob offers - peaks and valleys..
it is the trainers methods I wonder about.

Collected was supposed to be the HOY 2017s' main competition at Gulfstream in 2018.
this race he faltered so badly at was to be a spring board to overthrowing the division leader, the fastest horse in the world right now on dirt. Instead he appears gate side lethargic.

GUN RUNNER (CANDY RIDE) shows up each and every time and Steve should be the trainer of the year 2017.

I only wish GR would go to Dubai and win 25 million in total and get the respect the 4 hit wonder managed to steal from him.
without Arrogate, GR would be 2 time HOY.