Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Saratoga

Your right, that is AWFUL interesting..AWFUL interesting, might have to see what that is paying, Anything over $7 is a steal IMO
Old 08-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Your right, that is AWFUL interesting..AWFUL interesting, might have to see what that is paying, Anything over $7 is a steal IMO

That's what I was thinking!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
I also think that Songster can upset Henny in the Kins Bishop. He was just dead short last time and if he fires his "a" race he can beat Henny.
Henny Hughes is far too scary as a betting proposition.

He's enormously talented ... but has had only one race in 10 months ... has never won a stakes race beyond 6f ... and is a serious candidate for a bounce or a breakdown.

Songster is not as brilliant ... but has far more depth ... and the needed experience and conditioning to succeed in a trying test.

If Henny pulls this one off ... he's truly special.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Hawthorne

I see Songster and Henny going at it early, with this size of a field I would think the possibility of an upset is far more likely here than in the Travers. I'm not sure yet who I like to nail the top two, but I surely envision that scenario.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:51 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
"And I find it beyond incredible that anyone who claims to be an expert could say that the horse ran as well yesterday as he did in his prior races. I have no knowledge of his sheet numbers or Beyer from yesterday's race but its 1-9 that he takes a significant drop in figs on Rags, Thoro graph, and Beyer. To make it sound like he ran his typical race and simply got beaten to me is as far fetched as the tampa bay Devil rays winning the World Series this year.
"

"We simply disagree on that race. His opinion that Songster wasn't as good as advertised in general is one with merit that I happen to agree with. You may remember how gleeful I was when Bling got what I felt was a bad ride and I was lucky to have Songster get a perfect trip that day.
That certainly is a different issue however than the fact that the field he was facing yesterday was less than stellar to say the least. We disagree that he ran the same race as he had always run and I think that when the figs come out you will see that he droppewd severely on both sheet companies and on the beyers."

Ah and the one I was looking for

08-01-2006, 03:05 PM
oracle80
The Curragh Join Date: May 2006

Hes either a liar or incompetent in this case. Once the figs come out if he has indeed run his usual race I will retract every statement and offer Mea Culpas. So if the figs come out lower will that be an indication that he did NOT run his typical race? Or is it just that its that way because you say so?
I'm still waiting for oracle to "retract every statement and offer Mea Culpas". I suspect I will have a long wait.

Oracle spent an entire thread calling Albertrani a liar. Let me see. A guy says he's going to do something ("offer Mea Culpas"), but then doesn't do it. Who's the liar?

Just to be clear, I have nothing against oracle. I think oracle is one of the most knowledgeable people on Derby Trail--there's no question about that, IMO. But he has more than a little problem admitting he was wrong.

--Dunbar
Old 08-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

I don't think Songster or Bluegrass Cat is what people think they are. In my opinion they are both nice horses running against two monsters. I don't see either race being close. HH and Bernardini walk in both. I could see HH and Bernardini both challenging stakes records.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Flemington

You guys are nuts(to try and predict what is coming in there.)It's like trying to write a letter while on a spinning tea cup ride.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:41 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar
I'm still waiting for oracle to "retract every statement and offer Mea Culpas". I suspect I will have a long wait.

Oracle spent an entire thread calling Albertrani a liar. Let me see. A guy says he's going to do something ("offer Mea Culpas"), but then doesn't do it. Who's the liar?

Just to be clear, I have nothing against oracle. I think oracle is one of the most knowledgeable people on Derby Trail--there's no question about that, IMO. But he has more than a little problem admitting he was wrong.

--Dunbar
I am not wrong. And the fact that the guy can't get arrested at the biggest meet in the world, that everyone points for, bears that out.
Lemme ask you Dunbar, how many people here were waiting for him to win a race since I ranted about him to say I told you so. You pathetic swines, not one win since then. Guys 1- for the meet with a zillion dollars in horseflesh under his barn. Hes had a horrible meet, horrible.
Many trainers have had similiar slumps when they get their first "big horse". I guess the theory is that so much worry and time and stress go into the big horse that perhaps the others aren't quite as important. Whatever it is, you swines have been waiting four weeks to say I told you so, and he hasn't won one yet at THE MEET that matters more than any other.
Court Folly couldn't get close to lesser horses in his prior efforts, and you want me to concede that all of a sudden he has the talent and moreso, of Too Much Bling. Sorry, I just can't do so. Its not probable or logical.
I hope TA turns it around, hope he does well with his horses, but his meet has been an abject disaster and while you all have been waiting to say "I told you so" after a winner, you have failed.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Jerome Park

I said Songster ran his race in the Amsterdam, especially in light of moving too soon, and predicted the numbers would prove just that. As was pointed out elsewhere in this thread, you promised to retract your statements if that proved the case. Well, it has now proven the case, and yet you offer no apologies ( when you KNOW they are warranted ).

Really, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but right is right. As the imfamous Doc once said to me - in the heat of battle of course - BE A MAN!

I already know you have a sense of humor.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:11 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
I said Songster ran his race in the Amsterdam, especially in light of moving too soon, and predicted the numbers would prove just that. As was pointed out elsewhere in this thread, you promised to retract your statements if that proved the case. Well, it has now proven the case, and yet you offer no apologies ( when you KNOW they are warranted ).

Really, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but right is right. As the imfamous Doc once said to me - in the heat of battle of course - BE A MAN!

I already know you have a sense of humor.
SO now Court Folly is as good as Too Much Bling?
Tell you what, you look me in the eye and tell me that a guy with all that horseflesh in his barn should be 1-meet. Go ahead. I know you can't do it. Is it possible, fathomable, that perhaps the pressure and responsibility of training his first big horse(and what a HORSE, at that) could have caused a letdown with the other horses. Not saying if I were in his shoes that I wouldn't have done the same. Its understandable. But fact is, the guy STINKS up here. Now, if you think its just me you might wanna note that Dave Grening mentioned "the slump" in his article today. And as a guy who certainly is in tune with "sharp guys" don't tell me you haven't heard comment about how his horses are running.
I suppose you just can't wait to play his horses these days? I think not. Hes been an auto toss for quite some time now. As have a few others up here this meet. I'd list them, but I'm quite sure you know who they are.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Del Mar

LOL! I just passed by the guy termed a "midget" while running. He was smoking a cigar that was bigger than he was.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:12 PM
oracle80

Ok I'm very sorry and apologize for attacking a guy who trains for the Sheikh who is currently 1- meet up here.
Hes better than that, I know he is. But right now he is just awful, as bad as bad gets.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:13 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
LOL! I just passed by the guy termed a "midget" while running. He was smoking a cigar that was bigger than he was.
LOL!!!! Was he wearing white pants?
Old 08-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Jerome Park

You're missing the point and being silly. Just do what you promised you would do and then I will be happy to have the other discussion.

Certainly if I can say on TV, twice in fact, that I was foolish ( actually i called myself stupid ) for saying some of the things I said about Coa then you can find a way to keep your word in an internet chat room.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Ok I'm very sorry and apologize for attacking a guy who trains for the Sheikh who is currently 1- meet up here.
Hes better than that, I know he is. But right now he is just awful, as bad as bad gets.
I think that's what is referred to as a backhanded apology.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:16 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
You're missing the point and being silly. Just do what you promised you would do and then I will be happy to have the other discussion.

Certainly if I can say on TV, twice in fact, that I was foolish ( actually i called myself stupid ) for saying some of the things I said about Coa then you can find a way to keep your word in an internet chat room.

Coa has made a great turnaround. Didnt he start 1-45???
Old 08-24-2006, 06:16 PM
oracle80

Quote:

He was short, I believe that with all my heart. he couldnt pull away from an exhausted El Nino. And if you wanna go into semantics about his last work(which I wish I had known about) both Leon Blu and Joe P will be happy to back me up. He was not 100% for that race. Its my fault for going out the night before and skipping works that day where I ask those guys whats going on. They actually bet the winner. They hated his last work, it was awful according to them.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:18 PM
oracle80

Quote:
I think that's what is referred to as a backhanded apology.
So you don't think its pathetic to have a barn like that and be 1-meet? Are you actually serious. Hes not at Romans level of destruction of bettors money yet at this meet, but hes getting there slow but steady.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Keeneland

Got no fight in this battle but TA will most likely turn it around. Ask Hooves he seemed pretty confident especially with big B. Think they were thinking end of meet and beyond but this w/e will tell.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Del Mar

I yelled out "Bernardini" and raised my fist in the air. Some guy he was with who by the way lit his cigar for him (ya thats a little faggy), smiled at me and Albertrani (with a lit cigar in his mouth) clapped.

For a second I felt like that guy Kentness from the other board. They were cheering at me.