Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
Also, Discreet Cat is back...should jog but this is not the softest group ever assembled...should still cruise and set himself up well for the Jerome..
Have you heard anything about how Discreet Cat is training? If the horse is doing alright, he'll win easily. He'll probably go off at 3-5. He's a freak. If he's the same horse he used to be, he could be a factor in the BC Classic.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
Yeah, i want to see him run against bordonaro. i would bet bordonaro.
I will take all the action you want when these two meet....
Old 08-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
Have you heard anything about how Discreet Cat is training? If the horse is doing alright, he'll win easily. He'll probably go off at 3-5. He's a freak. If he's the same horse he used to be, he could be a factor in the BC Classic.
Remember, he went 1:09 ad change ad got a freakish Beyer fig last year at the Spa in his debut....I just don't see him losing to these horses because he is 5 times the horse of anyone he's in with Friday......Also, he CRUSHED Invasor at UAE earlier this year and some people think that he could be as good as Bernardini or better, which meas there is no way he should lose Friday.....Plus, they wouldn't run him in there if he wasn't doing well....they have been more patient with this colt than any of their horses.

He wins....so does Henny Hughes, Bernardini, Dubai Escapade - ad I still think Balletto wins if she doesn't hang this time and if Fleet Indian doesn't get an easy lead...
Old 08-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
I think he answered my question about how he's doing. That was an awesome performance. He is an absolute freak. He and Bernardidni appear to be far superior to any of the older horses on the East coast.

I think the BC Classic is realistic for this horse. It would obviously be better if he had a little more time. He will be a little rushed to be running 1 1/4 miles in 10 weeks from now, but this horse is such a freak that he might be able to do it. In addition to being pressed for time to prepare for the race, 1 1/4 miles may be a little bit longer than he wants to run, being by Forrestry.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Cunningham Racing

CAN YOU SAY FREAK?

This was my Derby horse until they didn't enter him...now he is showing that he and Bernardini are truly the best 3-year-olds in the world....wow...that performance almost looked like Bernardini's Preakness.....these horses arr just superior to others...
Old 08-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Louisiana Downs

Quote:
I think he answered my question about how he's doing. That was an awesome performance. He is an absolute freak. He and Bernardidni appear to be far superior to any of the older horses on the East coast.

I think the BC Classic is realistic for this horse. It would obviously be better if he had a little more time. He will be a little rushed to be running 1 1/4 miles in 10 weeks from now, but this horse is such a freak that he might be able to do it. In addition to being pressed for time to prepare for the race, 1 1/4 miles may be a little bit longer than he wants to run, being by Forrestry.
After that preformance the Jerome should be a nice easy prep for him and I would take him very very seriously in the BCC even if he doesn't want 10 furlongs his skill might just take him that far.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Randwyck

I have to admit that, although I am not a DC fan, his performance is exciting because it raises the bar for other horses......same with Bernardini. He's got a lot to lose tomorrow because his repuation is through the moon, but I wouldn't have it any other way. This is what sports is all about and horse racing deserves to have its heroes stay healthy enough for fans to enjoy seeing greatness in action instead of merely having to fantasize about it