Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Cunningham Racing

Default Shieks will show their strength this weekend at the Spa

Per my suggestions a couple of months ago, this really figures to be the defining weekend for the middle eastern powers, as they figure to show off the best horse in the world in Bernardini in the Travers, the best sprinter in the country in Henny Hughes (no, not Songster...) in the King's Bishop, one of the top distaffers in Balleto in the Personal Ensign, the best filly or mare sprinter in the country in Dubai Escapade in the Ballerina, and that doesn't even involve top handicap horse Invasor, etc...

Additionally, I have noticed that they are just now really starting to unleash their top babies.....Watch out!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:33 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

joel, many times ive seen these horses and henny in off the hook.i said to him ..can you say future bet?..balleto is so nice and cant wait to see her back... she is doing well...dont count songster out next time..he has nasal pasages like intakes of a f-18......hanging with a local for you.. chuck simon..great guy who has had a tough go of it,,,,the hot canary should do well and im really rooting for him and his barn...
Old 08-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
joel, many times ive seen these horses and henny in off the hook.i said to him ..can you say future bet?..balleto is so nice and cant wait to see her back... she is doing well...dont count songster out next time..he has nasal pasages like intakes of a f-18......hanging with a local for you.. chuck simon..great guy who has had a tough go of it,,,,the hot canary should do well and im really rooting for him and his barn...
Hooves, Did you say you were hanging out with Chuck? If so, tell him I said hello.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Newmarket

Why the steady promotion of horses owned by the sheiks? It almost appears like an agenda you're pushing. Are you on the payroll?

the horses indeed are very nice, i'm a big fan of Henny. But exactly when did Bernardini become the best horse in the world? Isn't it customary to require a horse to race against the best in the world and beat them, before earning that accolade?
Old 08-21-2006, 09:49 PM

im sure ill see him soon...and will do..arl jim you will see how good this one is on sat..im a huge backer of barbero from before he won the florida drby and i really dont think he would have come out on top...he dini is that good..
Old 08-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
im sure ill see him soon...and will do..arl jim you will see how good this one is on sat..im a huge backer of barbero from before he won the florida drby and i really dont think he would have come out on top...he dini is that good..
Of course he's good, that's plain for all to see. But there is a reason that they run the races before bestowing the honors. He may end up being number one in the world. I'm just saying he's not there yet.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
Why the steady promotion of horses owned by the sheiks? It almost appears like an agenda you're pushing. Are you on the payroll?

the horses indeed are very nice, i'm a big fan of Henny. But exactly when did Bernardini become the best horse in the world? Isn't it customary to require a horse to race against the best in the world and beat them, before earning that accolade?
Not on the payroll...just turning a observation into a solid prognostication - just like horse analysts do...

As for the racing against the world's best horses, that'll never happen....you'll never get ALL of the best horses in the world together for one race...not even the Breeders' Cup or the Dubai or Hong Kong Festivals can do it...it'll never happen...thus, analysts can't base it on results...we have to evaluate talent ad base it on our ability to understand who the best horses are and why...

I haven't seen a better horse since I've been keeping up with racing (I am relatively young), so this is why i think he is the best horse in the world...it is only my opinion....you can have yours too...
Old 08-21-2006, 09:59 PM

ok i get it..he needs to prove him self to you....no agenda here ..he will roll sat and in oct...but i was just trying to inform the betters here...later..hooves
Old 08-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
he has nasal pasages like intakes of a f-18......
I knew their was a reason I like talking to you.....absolutely a great line

Yo, an appachee blazed up Wrigley on Sunday from the show, I am going to it next year so hopefully you get hooked up
Old 08-22-2006, 10:15 AM
The Curragh

im on the payroll, as I was the adviser in the purchasing Council Member a few years ago
Old 08-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Coach Pants

Whatever you say, shill.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
im on the payroll, as I was the adviser in the purchasing Council Member a few years ago
Weren't you a teenager a few years ago? LOL
Old 08-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
Per my suggestions a couple of months ago, this really figures to be the defining weekend for the middle eastern powers, as they figure to show off the best horse in the world in Bernardini in the Travers, the best sprinter in the country in Henny Hughes (no, not Songster...) in the King's Bishop, one of the top distaffers in Balleto in the Personal Ensign, the best filly or mare sprinter in the country in Dubai Escapade in the Ballerina, and that doesn't even involve top handicap horse Invasor, etc...

Additionally, I have noticed that they are just now really starting to unleash their top babies.....Watch out!
They're all super nice (tho I'm not all that keen on Henny as best sprinter... we'll see Saturday). I especially like Dubai Escapade. I was on the rail at Gulf when she won her first start this year and she just glided over the track. Lots of horses didn't run well on the cuppy Calder track at the Summit. I hope and expect she'll run huge this weekend.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
the best sprinter in the country in Henny Hughes (no, not Songster...) in the King's Bishop, !
SInce when does one race against fellow 3yos (and not the best of the division either) make Henny Hughes the best sprinter in the country? Ever heard of Silver Train or Bordonaro? Until the little boy runs against the big boys (4 and up), he's not entitled to such a title. He might end up being the best, but he's not there yet.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:08 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedigree Ann
SInce when does one race against fellow 3yos (and not the best of the division either) make Henny Hughes the best sprinter in the country? Ever heard of Silver Train or Bordonaro? Until the little boy runs against the big boys (4 and up), he's not entitled to such a title. He might end up being the best, but he's not there yet.
Silver Train is only the best sprinter at Belmont. Anyplace else and he is average at best.

Now as far as coming up with the race where the best can meet--boy that would be good for racing for about all of 2 minutes. This is why I hate the Breeders Cup. Owners and trainers only point to this one day and we are left cold the rest of the year.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedigree Ann
Both of you are right. Henny Hughes is the best sprinter in the country. He just has to prove it against older horses before he can officially be declared the best sprinter in the country. Just because he hasn't proven it yet doesn't mean he isn't the best.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:45 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Both of you are right. Henny Hughes is the best sprinter in the country. He just has to prove it against older horses before he can officially be declared the best sprinter in the country. Just because he hasn't proven it yet doesn't mean he isn't the best.
I certainly can't fault those who think that Henny is the best. Although it was only a 4 horse field at the Shore, he certainly ran like a wild horse.
Thing is, like the sniper just said, he has to go out and do it before he can be annointed.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Cunningham Racing

Also, Discreet Cat is back...should jog but this is not the softest group ever assembled...should still cruise and set himself up well for the Jerome..
Old 08-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Quote:
Also, Discreet Cat is back...should jog but this is not the softest group ever assembled...should still cruise and set himself up well for the Jerome..
Rumspringa is a very good horse. Don't be surprised if he wins this race. Discreet Cat picked a tough spot for a return. I think Albertrani and Tagg will both have two winners on the day. Albertrani should win the two big ones. I think Pletcher will beat him on Friday though. Small 5 horse field but Pletcher's girl is the best filly/mare out there in my opinion.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Yeah, i want to see him run against bordonaro. i would bet bordonaro.