Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
My pick for the Arlington Million on Saturday is Cacique. If I am right and he wins it, it will certainly add yet another reason to include the mare Hasili to the list of best broodmares. I don't recall seeing her mentioned on the previous thread about this subject, but her record as a mommy is quite remarkable.
Along with her two BC winners, Intercontinental and Banks Hill, she has produced Matriarch and Beverly D winner Heat Haze, and now Cacique!!

Of her six foals, Dansili is FIFTH in earnings, and he earned over $500,000!!! Incredible. After Cacique's win on Saturday her legacy will continue to grow.
ackshully, i mentioned her in that thread and chose her in another to be awarded broodmare of the year...she's definitely deserving of the award.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Keeneland

Guys, I should mention that I did NOT type all of that out. It was found on this website...

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/nutbush/

I found that website very interesting and it shed light upon several questions that I had regarding Secretariat.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balletto
I think there was a correlation being made on the "big heart" gene. Secretariat was known to have an enlarged heart and it appears to have been passed to his daughters. I think Princequillo is the biggest contributor of that and to the breed in the last 50 years.
the enlarged heart passes thru the female line... that's why secretariats foals didn't get it, but the fillies pass it on when they breed, which explains his tremendous success as a broodmare sire. his daughters pass on that part of his greatness.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Dee Tee Stables

and i read further and see the answer already up....lol

i hate getting home late, gotta play catch up.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Guys, I should mention that I did NOT type all of that out. It was found on this website...

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/nutbush/

I found that website very interesting and it shed light upon several questions that I had regarding Secretariat.
Thanks Cajun.
I saved the link.
You saved me a lot of time.
DTS
Old 08-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Balletto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitas
yeah Folklore was beautifully bred...isn't Ruffian an 8-c family just like Crimson Saint ? that 8-c family is wicked fast.
Yes! One of my favorite families. This is the family of Cherokee Rose/Royal Rose/Belle Rose. This family is responsible for a huge amount of breed-changing members such as Storm Cat, Terlingua, Pioneering, Royal Academy, Potheen, Erin, Shananigans, Ruffian, Icecapade, Coronado's Quest, Private Terms, Crafty Admiral, Red Dog, Hennessy, Jaipur, Rare Perfume, Personal Hope, Pancho Villa, Intent, Majestic Light, Irish Castle, etc. As you can see, this family is tremendous in class.

On a side note, its my belief that the Crimson Saint got most her speed from her sire's dam, Papila. She's the reason I think Tiznow should see Storm Cat mares. She's, in my opinion, the best and classiest source of speed in pedigrees today.