Old 05-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Churchill Downs

approximately 2 points per length
Old 05-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Keeneland

That's awesome, guys!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Dee Tee Stables

21 points higher than her previous best! fantastic!!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Jerome Park

friggin' unbelievable! Chuck you have done an absolutely wonderful job with this girl. You should be very proud!!

she definately belongs at the level she raced at this weekend
Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

jumped from a 73 bris at kenneland to a 86 speed fig at churchill using bris's figs
Old 05-02-2007, 10:33 PM
pgardn

OK Mr. Joey I am now going to go your way.
Darn it. 77 is too high. Another 50,000 claiming field for 3 yo fillies with a six horse field is going to be very tough to find. Well at least we dont have a win in a good long while which hopefully leaves some more cash openings for Mr. Simon. We really did not need that type of number to tell it was a darn good effort.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Thumbs up

Wow , very nice move forward !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
OK Mr. Joey I am now going to go your way.
Darn it. 77 is too high. Another 50,000 claiming field for 3 yo fillies with a six horse field is going to be very tough to find. Well at least we dont have a win in a good long while which hopefully leaves some more cash openings for Mr. Simon. We really did not need that type of number to tell it was a darn good effort.
She won't be running in a $50,000 claimer next out, but if she was, fields like that ARE NOT hard to find.

As part of trusting Chuck to develop Sumwon and maximize her career, you can rest assured there are few guys out there better at finding 'spots'.. But specifically, routes for 3 year old fillies will regularly feature rather short fields with lucrative purses.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:19 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
She won't be running in a $50,000 claimer next out, but if she was, fields like that ARE NOT hard to find.

As part of trusting Chuck to develop Sumwon and maximize her career, you can rest assured there are few guys out there better at finding 'spots'.. But specifically, routes for 3 year old fillies will regularly feature rather short fields with lucrative purses.
I just want him to pick up some cash for his work with this girl. 31K is stakes money at Retama so I have to get use to the purse numbers. I can see how route fields for 3 yo fillies might be small though. Gotta be smaller than 6f.

Maybe if she just had a giant scar somewhere on her... was really ugly or something. I dont want anyone else to have her. Can he make her walk with a fake limp if "we" do enter claiming races later... She looked a bit too good.

Last edited by pgardn : 05-02-2007 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:00 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
I just want him to pick up some cash for his work with this girl. 31K is stakes money at Retama so I have to get use to the purse numbers. I can see how route fields for 3 yo fillies might be small though. Gotta be smaller than 6f.

Maybe if she just had a giant scar somewhere on her... was really ugly or something. I dont want anyone else to have her. Can he make her walk with a fake limp if "we" do enter claiming races later... She looked a bit too good.
Maybe we can work a routine using peppermints. Did you see Jman's video of Sumwon on YouTube. If she doesn't get another peppermint soon enough for her, she starts pawing the ground. We can give her a peppermint just before she enters the saddling ring. When she doesn't get another one, she'll start pawing the ground, and everyone will think she is sore and about to go lame. Then she'll waltz home with the winner's check. Do you think that would work?
Old 05-03-2007, 03:09 AM
Woodbine

Quote:

Can always do the old padded front wraps trick.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:03 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:

Steve, Chuck says she will probably stay at the $50k level. "I'm inclined to keep her at the level she ran in on Sunday but an allowance race at a lesser track like Mountaineer may also be under consideration." I think she is sitting on a win. I don't know what winning a race will do as far as finding the next spot. (ie the starters allowance race he mentioned at Colonial) The one thing Chuck said to me was, "We're not going to see 13-1 again"

I wonder if he is going to try the turf again someday. That'll bump up the odds.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:07 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut
Steve, Chuck says she will probably stay at the $50k level. "I'm inclined to keep her at the level she ran in on Sunday but an allowance race at a lesser track like Mountaineer may also be under consideration." I think she is sitting on a win. I don't know what winning a race will do as far as finding the next spot. (ie the starters allowance race he mentioned at Colonial) The one thing Chuck said to me was, "We're not going to see 13-1 again"

I wonder if he is going to try the turf again someday. That'll bump up the odds.
I'm here in Louisville with Chuck, and based on conversation since Sunday, can safely say that it's unlikely that Sumwon would be available for $50k next out. Nor will she be running on the lawn anytime soon.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
I'm here in Louisville with Chuck, and based on conversation since Sunday, can safely say that it's unlikely that Sumwon would be available for $50k next out. Nor will she be running on the lawn anytime soon.
If she were to be taken for 50k, wouldn't that mean a profit for the group---or the ability to use that money for the next purchase(not to mention any money she makes at that 50 level.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

so if i read it right sumwon won't be going on the turf she will stay on the dirt?