Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Equine Health, Retirement & Aftercare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-08-2009, 07:00 PM
top predator.

I knew...if that helps
Old 04-08-2009, 07:01 PM
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
God darnit, Mr. Byk, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
I laughed.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
I am guessing maybe 3-4 people on the board, in total knew what that meant.

I really think he has a thesaurus and just goes crazy sometimes
A thesaurus?

That's so cute.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo
Danzig there is zero chance EP had ANY clue.. If you wish to argue that he should have been more diligent with knowning axactly where his stock was going fine..if you think for a second he thought his stock which he raised raced bred and care for was in squallor you are completely dilussional.. The guy is wealthy clearly the money is completely insiginficant.. he f'd up by not paying closer attention trust me it was completely unintentional!!!

glad to know i'm not delusional.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
He's a poisonous guy. They won't find a thing at the farm. I drove by it Saturday on my way to Aqueduct. 50-60 horses in the fields in plain view looking winter shaggy, some a little thin, but generally OK. Suggestions from former employees is that he's culled from the band to the abattoir like this nearly annually.
I'm glad they did more than drive by. I hope this guy rots in hell; is this a privately-owned operation?
Old 04-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Ellis Park

I saw a newscast video of Dirty Ernie's farm and a few horses, which, as Steve said,were not unduly thin . Probably the worst of them were sold to kill or otherwise removed ...

Those shown by AC4H were another story---bony under filthy insect ridden coats with bald spots ... Really bad .

Freddymo, as usual, you are full of it . There is no certainty as to how rich Ernie has remained and exactly how much of Unbridled's Song he currently owns . And if he is that rich, it makes his cheapness and negligence more heinous ...

Undoubtably he pays his help squat, instructs them less than squat, and does not keep acceptable amounts of food on the premises--that was evident upon inspection .

He may not have known everything, but he knew plenty---and the rest he " forgot "---such as the name of the person he unloaded a large quantity of mares to ...

Right ...
Old 04-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Washington Park

this guy is a piece of garbage and should do 170 years in a manure pile.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Oaklawn

It has been reported that he owns between 30 nand 50% of UBS, a horse that stands for $125k per jump. Not only were these horses not fed, they were not given bedding for stalls and were standing in filth. (of course, the less you feed, the less to come out the other end. )

I ride and know that horses love to roll in mud and get filthy and that in spring, even the fanciest horse can look pretty mangey but even a pig pen of a mare neds proper care to be sure that she has no sores or wounds that become infected. It would appear that at least a percentage of these horses were pretty much left to fend for themselves which is pretty tough in the winter in NY.