Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Del Mar

Default Baseball

Almost halfway done the regular season, things shaping up...

Biggest disappointment for me- Pujols getting hurt in midst of what could have been a record smashing year and a serious run at a triple crown. Projected to cme back middle of next week but it may take him some time to get his sea legs back.

Nicest Surprise- The play of the Detroit Tigers. Without them, the Chi Sox would be running away with the division and we'd have one less (what could be) division race on our hands. I still think when its all said and done, the Tigers wont be in the postseason.

Best team in baseball right now- Easily the NY Mets. The division race is over and for them it will be a matter of staying focused and not getting "Bored" which has happened to a lot of teams in their position over the years.

Best Division race- AL East. No dominant team... the Yankees valiantly hanging around even with all the injuries, the magnificient Roy Halladay and his pesty Blue Jays and the very disappointing Red Sox who with that starting rotation should be in 1st by 5. They just cant seem to put together a nice little streak.

MVPs- Even being out the past couple of weeks, its Pujols in the NL. Cards only 5-5 since he left. In the AL, I have it close between Jeter and Ortiz, both single handedly keeping their teams above .500.

Hottest team right now- Oakland A's making their typical mid season climb. One week ago they were 4 games out of first, today they are 1/2 game ahead of the rest of the AL West. A cinch to win this division.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:45 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
Almost halfway done the regular season, things shaping up...

Biggest disappointment for me- Pujols getting hurt in midst of what could have been a record smashing year and a serious run at a triple crown. Projected to cme back middle of next week but it may take him some time to get his sea legs back.

Nicest Surprise- The play of the Detroit Tigers. Without them, the Chi Sox would be running away with the division and we'd have one less (what could be) division race on our hands. I still think when its all said and done, the Tigers wont be in the postseason.

Best team in baseball right now- Easily the NY Mets. The division race is over and for them it will be a matter of staying focused and not getting "Bored" which has happened to a lot of teams in their position over the years.

Best Division race- AL East. No dominant team... the Yankees valiantly hanging around even with all the injuries, the magnificient Roy Halladay and his pesty Blue Jays and the very disappointing Red Sox who with that starting rotation should be in 1st by 5. They just cant seem to put together a nice little streak.

MVPs- Even being out the past couple of weeks, its Pujols in the NL. Cards only 5-5 since he left. In the AL, I have it close between Jeter and Ortiz, both single handedly keeping their teams above .500.

Hottest team right now- Oakland A's making their typical mid season climb. One week ago they were 4 games out of first, today they are 1/2 game ahead of the rest of the AL West. A cinch to win this division.

Never seen a bigger gamer than Jeter. Guy plays hurt and never complains. he plays down the injuries and never uses them as an excuse kinda like Steffi Graf when she was playing women's tennis and would hobble out there and never even acknowledge that she was hurting. jeter, like her, is class and guts personified. Hes absolutely the guy I would want on my team above all others.