Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-13-2006, 08:24 AM
oracle80

Default Gander-Sports!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry about your man Federer. I was shocked after the way he gutted him in the first set that Nadal was able to take him down so easily after that. What the hell do you think happened? OH well, we all know who will win Wimbledon don't we? Roger will roast them on the grass.
My Yankees and your Red Sox have some serious issues going on. Yanks have two of the best players out for the season, and Jeteres thumb will never heal until he rests, which he refuses to do. Both teams have pitching that looks like what I faced in little league. I know everyone thinks they will fade, but if the Blue Jays keep hanging around like they are, and make maybe one good trade before the deadline, we both could be in real trouble.
As far as the US Open coming up, I see one of the big four(used to be 5 but Els is out to lunch) winning it. I'd say my top choice is Vijay, then Retief who I think is sitting on a big one, then Phil, then Tiger. I know Tiger will be playing with incredible focus and passion wanting to honor his dad in this one. But I think the more he plays the better he is and the layoff may have him not quite as sharp.
Any thoughts?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Del Mar

Federer came out like fire in that first set and Nadal was a bit nervous. Once Nadal settled down, Federer just didnt stand a chance. Nadal forces him to play a different style of tennis he is just not used to that does not work on clay. He is going for so much on his shots. As bad as Federer played, he still hit many shots that would have been winners on any surface but clay. Problem is Nadal gets to everything, the guy is a machine. What a great rivalry in the works, I would love to see them renew it at the US Open. As big a Federer fan as I am, I am not crazy about grass tennis nor Wimbledon. Its boring to me, too many huge serves and the point is over. I prefer hard courts and clay.

Red Sox are struggling mighty right now, should be in first place by about 5 games. They were very lucky to pull a tie in this weekend's series against the Rangers. Its pretty sad but one of these two teams (Yankees or Red Sox) will make the playoffs. Good luck there unless some things turn around for both teams!

I cant wait for golf's US Open to start. My brother is down there for the whole week working and said Tiger looks very happy to be back in action. Hes never played off a layoff like this, so who knows what to expect. He does do very well on very tough courses so he is definetely in the mix. I think he plays very well this week. Phil going for 3 straight majors but not sure this is his type of course where it tends to reward a more conservative type player like Retief or Ernie.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:08 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Last time Tiger took 2 months off after knee surgery, he won his first event back. A win this week would be no surprise at all.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Del Mar

I dont think it was a US Open Tiger came back to win after being out 2 months Kev, was it? Probably a watered down tour event missing the top guys, but I am not sure.

Either way, I love Tiger and hope he wins. Just not expecting it.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:30 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
I dont think it was a US Open Tiger came back to win after being out 2 months Kev, was it? Probably a watered down tour event missing the top guys, but I am not sure.

Either way, I love Tiger and hope he wins. Just not expecting it.
Tiger is not one that plays in many watered down events Tim. If Im not mistaken, it was the Buick Open in San Diego that generally attracts one of the best fields on the west coast.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Del Mar

Wasnt sure Kev, thought Tiger may have wanted to come back in one of those dreary events that lack most of the top 10 guys. I know he traditionally avoids them.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Wasnt sure Kev, thought Tiger may have wanted to come back in one of those dreary events that lack most of the top 10 guys. I know he traditionally avoids them.

I don't think Tiger has any great desire to play many Bob Hope Chrysler Classics where you have to shoot 30 under par and its nothing but a putting contest.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:56 AM
oracle80

Wow, Yankees win a picthing duel and Sox get beat with a walk off grand slam. Tied again, and so it goes. ARod is still a worthless gutless choking loser ***hole bum.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:56 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Gander said it best about him Mike....ARod hits more meaningless HR's than anyone alive...
How many times to you see him hit one like Ortiz did the other night...never.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:56 AM
Del Mar

Schilling pitched brilliant last night, shame the team had to lose in extras. Happens though when you get 2 pitchers like Schilling and Santana up against each other.

I only saw a little bit of the Yankee game, what I did see was A Rod strike out in I think the very first inning with runners on 1st and 3rd, 1 out, with one of the ugliest swings I have ever seen in the Majors.

Guys, get use to the back and forth between the Sox and Yankees this year. Neither team will have greater than a 3 game lead in this division. It comes down to how they play head to head in Aug & Sep.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:04 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Schilling pitched brilliant last night, shame the team had to lose in extras. Happens though when you get 2 pitchers like Schilling and Santana up against each other.

I only saw a little bit of the Yankee game, what I did see was A Rod strike out in I think the very first inning with runners on 1st and 3rd, 1 out, with one of the ugliest swings I have ever seen in the Majors.

Guys, get use to the back and forth between the Sox and Yankees this year. Neither team will have greater than a 3 game lead in this division. It comes down to how they play head to head in Aug & Sep.
I agree and that swing Arod took was hysterical. And kev, IM THE ONE!!! who was talkiing about his meaningless stats when the Yankees got him and gander argued with me about that and his just recently realized what I always said. I'm no redboarder, I was crying when we signed that overpaid egotistical gutless bum. Never has anyone hit so many meaningless homers in games where his team is up by 5 or down by 8 runs. Hes gutless, and its why he is booed so badly. Nyers hate the guy. What a clown, hes the anti-Jeter. Guy has no guts and always chokes when you need him. And with that contract, they are stuck with him.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:31 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
I agree and that swing Arod took was hysterical. And kev, IM THE ONE!!! who was talkiing about his meaningless stats when the Yankees got him and gander argued with me about that and his just recently realized what I always said. I'm no redboarder, I was crying when we signed that overpaid egotistical gutless bum. Never has anyone hit so many meaningless homers in games where his team is up by 5 or down by 8 runs. Hes gutless, and its why he is booed so badly. Nyers hate the guy. What a clown, hes the anti-Jeter. Guy has no guts and always chokes when you need him. And with that contract, they are stuck with him.
I remember you saying that as well, now that you mention it. I'm just thankful the Sox never signed him. I know for a fact that the guys on the Red Sox did NOT want him in that clubhouse.

You know how much I love my Sox, but I am as big a Jeter fan as anyone. The guy is total class and plays the game the way it is supposed to be played.

Scuds said it on another thread...the Mets are the best team in NY right now. It is a pure joy to watch a kid like David Wright play baseball.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Del Mar

If you guys have not seen that double play Wright turned, please watch ESPN Sports Center or Baseball Today. Its amazing.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:41 AM
5'8".. but all man!

the kid is amazing Tim, he really is. And how much clutch, game winning hits has he had this year?

There is another pretty fair 3rd baseman in the NL from the same area of VA as David Wright. Ryan Zimmerman with the Nationals. Not hitting for as high an average, but he is ROCK SOLID at the corner.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:44 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
the kid is amazing Tim, he really is. And how much clutch, game winning hits has he had this year?

There is another pretty fair 3rd baseman in the NL from the same area of VA as David Wright. Ryan Zimmerman with the Nationals. Not hitting for as high an average, but he is ROCK SOLID at the corner.

I'd trade Arod for a good midle reliever and starting pitcher. Guy is a choke artist who makes hundreds of millions. No guts.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Del Mar

Wright will be one of the best when its all said and done. He has to work on his fielding though. Seems to struggle with the basics, yet can turn an occasional super play like last night. I still think Morgan Ensberg is the best fielding 3rdB in the NL, second only to Chavez for the A's.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Del Mar

Cant blame A Rod for signing the big contract. He pads his stats and has produced amazing ones consistently longer than anyone in the game. While hes not the guy you want up in the big situation, he shouldnt be looked down upon for accepting the biggest paycheck in baseball. Any of us would have too. Its the Yankee's fault, not A Rods.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:49 AM
oracle80

Can you believe that Hockey and Basketball are still going on? Do either of these leagues even have any idea how little anyone cares about winter sports when it is mid June? Please just end that crap so I dont have to read about it anymore or see it anymore. Incredible.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Del Mar

Well said Oracle! Couldnt agree more. Basketball and Hockey should end in April-May not June. I've had enough of these sports and it takes away from the baseball highlights they could show more of.