Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Get-Togethers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2022, 05:50 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
It is with a heavy, heavy heart to inform the DT Tampa faithful, that Exacta Bob passed away on Tuesday after a very brief illness. He has been my companion in Box 2 at Tampa Bay Downs for 23 seasons. He was the kindest, most generous person I have had the pleasure to call a friend. I looked foreword to talking sports with him between races and laughing at each other when we compared notes on each race. If we were ever on the same horse, he’d tell me you might as well rip that one up. He absolutely loved and looked forward to the annual DT trip to Tampa and talked of you guys often. He will be missed greatly and my Saturdays at the track will never be the same.
Well said, Mike. I literally broke down in tears after I got off the phone with him just prior to the running of the Travers. Thankful and blessed for all of the memories, that he got home to rest as comfortably as he could, and that he didn't suffer too long. He is a one of a kind legend that will be missed by all who knew him. Box 2 will never be the same again.
Old 10-18-2022, 07:08 AM
Les Bois

Good morning,I’m a friend and follower from SC ,I have posted and followed you for years .Has everyone moved to another site ,I miss seeing and following you and the guys discuss the races. I remember it seem to be some problems earlier this year and now it’s seems everyone quit posting.I hope you are doing well and continue to win those races. Although I don’t know you personally I feel like I’m part of your group.Beach529 jmcleod2@sc.r.com