Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
I'm guessing Burress is done for he season and unless he shows some real remorse his days as a Giants might be over. As far as Pierce goes, he just showed some bad judgement. It looks like he is willing to spill his guts so he can play. I'm guessing (hoping) that he will be just fined.
Flex should face a fin in the klink. As for Pierce, tampering isn't any joke, but something tells me a slap on the wrist will occur. If Goodell wants to call a fair game, he should step in here.

The G-Men would step up in his absence anyhow. Players tend to play above their talent level when one of the big dogs goes down. See Jamal Charles.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Dee Tee Stables

he's in deeper than i thought....

excerpts from an espn article:

"ESPN legal analyst Roger Cossack reported that Burress could face up to seven years in prison if convicted on the felony charge of carrying a concealed weapon without a permit"

Mayor Michael Bloomberg called for a full prosecution of state law that requires mandatory prison for carrying a loaded handgun.

"I don't think anybody should be exempt from that, and I think it would be an outrage if we didn't prosecute to the fullest extent of the law, particularly people who live in the public domain, make their living because of their visibility -- they're the role models for our kids," Bloomberg said.

Burress had a concealed-weapon permit issued to him in Florida but records show it expired in May and New York does not recognize out-of-state permits anyway, New York media have reported
Old 12-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Dee Tee Stables

as for the above, i would disagree with bloomberg about burress being a role model-the #1 role model for future behavior is a childs immediate family, followed by extended family and friends.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
as for the above, i would disagree with bloomberg about burress being a role model-the #1 role model for future behavior is a childs immediate family, followed by extended family and friends.

timmi would disagree. Faith is your #1 role model. duh
Old 12-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
Old 12-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

hey, maybe plaxico can take this case to the supreme court-take on ny's gun laws like that fellow took on d.c.'s, and won.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Jerome Park

love the avi dannie... even if it is the skins. still has the right message.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Parents....even for pagans!(j/k)
Old 12-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Randwyck

i bet this idiot will be cut as soon as he is charged with the felony......the giants dont even need him, they blow everyone out with or without him.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
lol
yeah, i was looking for a pic for my desktop, and found that little cutie.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysheba4
i bet this idiot will be cut as soon as he is charged with the felony......the giants dont even need him, they blow everyone out with or without him.
If they do it won't be before the season is over. Even though he has done nothing all season, they are a better team with him.

Quote:
I too agree with the Avi and the positive message that it sends!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Oriental Park

Plaxico placed on non-football injured reserve. Out for the year and suspended w/o pay for the last 4 games.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings
Plaxico placed on non-football injured reserve. Out for the year and suspended w/o pay for the last 4 games.
But he is eligible for the playoffs.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
But he is eligible for the playoffs.
No, once you are on injured reserve you are out for the year.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings
No, once you are on injured reserve you are out for the year.
My bad, I heard someone on the NFL network mention that he was eligible for the playoffs. But maybe all the news wasn't out yet. Anyway, they are a better team with him on the field. But with that being said, they are very deep at reciever. Not to mention that running the ball is the bread and butter. It shouldn't affect them that much.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
My bad, I heard someone on the NFL network mention that he was eligible for the playoffs. But maybe all the news wasn't out yet. Anyway, they are a better team with him on the field. But with that being said, they are very deep at reciever. Not to mention that running the ball is the bread and butter. It shouldn't affect them that much.
Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but his non-presence this weekend, and after, will come as a huge sigh of relief to defensive coordinators and the DB's themselves. You are right though, BJ and the other change of pace backs are exactly what they've counted on all year.

(and my PHI-1.5 prediction before the week 2 Dal-Phi monday night game doesnt look so good. ) Believe it or not, this is the first game since, that the Birds are an underdog in the spread, I think. Before the BAL shalacking, the combined margin of defeat in the 4 losses was 19. Ugggghhh...What could have been? I guess you can say bad teams find ways to lose, but we're not that far off.

GL Matt after this week!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but his non-presence this weekend, and after, will come as a huge sigh of relief to defensive coordinators and the DB's themselves. You are right though, BJ and the other change of pace backs are exactly what they've counted on all year.

(and my PHI-1.5 prediction before the week 2 Dal-Phi monday night game doesnt look so good. ) Believe it or not, this is the first game since, that the Birds are an underdog in the spread, I think. Before the BAL shalacking, the combined margin of defeat in the 4 losses was 19. Ugggghhh...What could have been? I guess you can say bad teams find ways to lose, but we're not that far off.

GL Matt after this week!
Even though he was having a poor year the reason they are a better team with him is that he warrants double coverage. It will open things up for everyone else. The flip side is that there are times that Plax is lazy and even seems uninterested. A guy like Hixon might do a better job blocking, he's a hustler trying to make a name for himself and get paid too.

It's amazing, I keep waiting for them to play a stinker like they did in Cleveland, but it just isn't happening. They really are solid in every facet of the game. There kickoff coverage is probably their biggest weakness. I would like to see Dallas lose this week and then the Giants to put the final nail in their coffin next week. You know Dallas would love nothing better than to avenge last season by knocking the Giants out of the playoffs this year. Dallas has had a poor season, but they do have alot of weapons that make them dangerous. So I would like to see them out. But I guess it really doesn't matter, if you win 13 or 14 games there should be no one that scares you. Especially after the schedule that you had to play. I just want the injury bug to stay away.

As far as the birds go. How much can you expect Westbrook to do? Also that once intimidating defense is starting to age. It looks like the birds are on the verge of a big transition. Unless they think they have the horses to try to make one more run. Patch up the defense and get McNabb a #1 reciever. It wouldn't suprise me to see them sign Buress, if he avoids prison and the Giants do indeed let him go. It almost seems like a natural fit.

Sunday should be another rock n rock Giants Eagles game. I am looking foward towards it. I think the line is 9, that's a lot of wood for a divisional game. That's one thing about the Eagles, it seems like they always play hard and never mail it in. Even in the Ravens game, I think that one got out of hand late. Like I said it should be interesting.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Randwyck

The Giants will be just fine without Burress. Beat Seattle, At Zona, and at Washington without him.

Philly would never touch Burress. T.O.'s diversion hasn't been that long ago.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
It is so ridiculous that someone can shoot themselves, seriously. I have touched a gun a total of three times in my life (1 handgun, 1 shotgun, 1 rifle) and know ZERO about gun safety, but I know to keep the damn thing pointed towards the ground away from all limbs and people.
With a Glock it's pretty easy....there really is no external safety so basically it's ready to fire all the time.

That's why some people like them, and some stay away as Glock's are hair triggers, drop it and it can go off as Plaxico learned.

So my question is why would someone carry a Glock in their sweatpants and why would someone wear sweatpants to a niteclub.

This is just one of the dumbest and funniest things I've heard.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Hialeah Park

I wish it had blown his pecker off..then he might think it was a bigger deal