Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2023, 10:40 AM
Oriental Park

So I have a few bets on the Eagles to win the Super Bowl from earlier this season.

I’m doubling down with a few plays this weekend.

Travis Kelce 1st TD
$50 at +700 for $400 payout

Kelce 1st TD AND Eagles win
$25 at +1300 for $350 payout

Eagles defensive coordinator tends to feel out the offense on the first drive. Usually this means not allowing big plays but giving the offense some room to operate. The eagles also generally defer if they win the coin toss. This is mostly just a gut play but I’m sure Kelce will be involved early.

I’ll probably play a few more props but not sure yet. I want to play with the alternate line (I think eagles win by 10+) but I’m not loving the odds I get there on that bet alone since I’ve got plenty on the Eagles outright. I may parlay the alternative line with a few bets. Not sure yet.
Old 02-12-2023, 09:24 PM
Saratoga

And another horrible call that decides the game. Maybe Legal gambling on NFL not the best thing.

Damar Hamlin
Old 02-13-2023, 07:59 AM
Delaware Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
And another horrible call that decides the game. Maybe Legal gambling on NFL not the best thing.
I guess not a horrible call. DB admitted he held and it was correct call.
Old 02-13-2023, 08:14 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavalOrange View Post
I guess not a horrible call. DB admitted he held and it was correct call.
Ball was not catchable and Receiver wasn't deterred at all. Even if it was the correct call it was Ticky-Tac and not made in that situation. Interference against Davanta Smith on his overruled catch was far more egregious. Robbed us all of a just finish to perhaps the greatest Super Bowl Ever. I had 0 Dollars on either team to win or cover nor did I have total bets.

Damar Hamlin
Old 02-13-2023, 08:53 AM
Keeneland

Yeah I had $0 bet on the game and I'll say it's getting tiresome watching those kind of calls getting called at that point in the game.

Was it a hold? Sure. Does it happen nearly every play? Yes. So if they aren't calling it most of the time, they should not be calling it there. Or call it everytime.

The other thing is...KC seems to be the beneficiary of a lot of these calls. It was a great game up to that point.
Old 02-13-2023, 10:06 AM
Oaklawn

NFL officiating is at an all time low.

Does anyone really know what is or isn't a catch in today's NFL?

Bad call to end the game. Bad call to reverse the 2nd KC Defensive TD.

Lane Johnson was given a step and a half advantage on every play and never called once for motion? Loved Greg Olsen saying he has a center's mentality and while it looks like Johnson is moving early, he's just anticipating. Then they show the tape and he's taking a step and a half before the snap. Pathetic.

Glad it was an entertaining game, didn't have a dog in the fight but tired of hearing how one call decided the game; it didn't.
Old 02-13-2023, 10:25 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by atolunch View Post
NFL officiating is at an all time low.

Does anyone really know what is or isn't a catch in today's NFL?

Bad call to end the game. Bad call to reverse the 2nd KC Defensive TD.

Lane Johnson was given a step and a half advantage on every play and never called once for motion? Loved Greg Olsen saying he has a center's mentality and while it looks like Johnson is moving early, he's just anticipating. Then they show the tape and he's taking a step and a half before the snap. Pathetic.

Glad it was an entertaining game, didn't have a dog in the fight but tired of hearing how one call decided the game; it didn't.
Didn't decide the game. It ended it. Fans lost by not seeing Eagles getting another possession. We never will know if Eagles would have scored.

Damar Hamlin
Old 02-13-2023, 02:57 PM
Oriental Park

As an Eagles fan, I’m disappointed with the result. I disagree with that penalty being called. It was inconsistent with how the game was officiated. But there’s nothing that can be done. It’s over.

I actually think the playing field should be getting more attention than the call. It completely negated the Eagles pass rush, which is the backbone of their entire defense. Sure, it made for a fun, high scoring game but neither defensive line could do much of anything. It is inexcusable for the field to be in that condition for the Super Bowl. And while both teams had to play on the same field, the Eagles defensive line and defense was hurt by it more than the Chiefs (in my opinion) because the entire defense is predicated on pressure from a 4-man rush.

But again, nothing can be done about it. I just think that’s the bigger story. An absolute embarrassment for the NFL to have the field in that condition. Refs can F up a call in a split second. It happens. They had months/years to get the playing surface right and failed.
Old 02-16-2023, 05:51 PM
Oriental Park

Looking into Super Bowl futures, the Patriots and Steelers are interesting. Both have pretty good defenses, good coaches, and QBs on rookie contracts. The Steelers also have some talented skilled players on offense. The Patriots don’t really but have cap space. Of course it’ll depend on them both getting better QB play next year.

I put $20 on the Patriots at 60-1. Nothing crazy. But I expect them to make some off-season moves and for those odds to shrink over the next few months.

Mahomes is one of the rare highly-paid QBs (top 5/10 in salary) to win the Super Bowl. The good odds are when you can find well-coached teams with QBs on reasonable contracts (often rookie deals) and talent around them. Unfortunately I’ve lose twice with this strategy but have come close each time (Bengals last year, Eagles this year.) maybe this year it will payoff.