Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
You may find this hard to understand, but Rachel Alexandra's weak schedule this year doesn't, in any way, excuse or validate Zenyatta's pathetic campaign.
What do you not understand? Rachel and Z were supposed to run at Oaklawn, who showed up and cruised, payed workout and who was home?
I dont understand why this is such an argument, Z ran in the biggest race last year and showed up at Oaklawn.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
What do you not understand? Rachel and Z were supposed to run at Oaklawn, who showed up and cruised, payed workout and who was home?
I dont understand why this is such an argument, Z ran in the biggest race last year and showed up at Oaklawn.
Nice glasses.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Nice glasses.
Its funny super fly mod, or whatever you call yourself. Its funny and typical of you, when you have nothing at all to say, no response, nothing intelligent. You then resort to taking cheap personal shots.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Its funny super fly mod, or whatever you call yourself. Its funny and typical of you, when you have nothing at all to say, no response, nothing intelligent. You then resort to taking cheap personal shots.
doh!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
You may find this hard to understand, but Rachel Alexandra's weak schedule this year doesn't, in any way, excuse or validate Zenyatta's equally pathetic campaign.
I do not believe anyone pointing out this fabricated race at Monmouth is looking to validate or excuse what you call Zenyatta's pathetic campaign .

Zenyatta could have been more ambitiously placed, but her campaign this year absolutely does trump Rachel's--and it remains a perfect score .

I can not see how that is difficult for you .

50 percent of Rachel's races have been tailored for her, and she has lost 2/3 of her efforts to date .

None of Zenyatta's races have been tailored for her, and they have been grade 1 races exclusively including handicaps .

Both mares have been running on easy street this year, but so far Rachel's has simply been the more pathetic course .
Old 07-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudery View Post
I do not believe anyone pointing out this fabricated race at Monmouth is looking to validate or excuse what you call Zenyatta's pathetic campaign .

Zenyatta could have been more ambitiously placed, but her campaign this year absolutely does trump Rachel's--and it remains a perfect score .

50 percent of Rachel's races have been tailored for her, and she has lost 2/3 of her efforts to date .

None of Zenyatta's races have been tailored for her, and they have been grade 1 races exclusively including handicaps .

Both mares have been running on easy street this year, but so far Rachel's has simply been the more pathetic course .
You can't be serious. Every one of Zenyatta's efforts in rubberworld is "tailored" for her. She gets the same lousy class of mare every single time on the same dumbass surface. Their campaigns have been equally gutless, and if it's not exactly equal, it's a difference so small it's not worth arguing about.

My point, which you missed, was that it continues to be the Zenyatta fans who invoke the "other" horse in these discussions in a desperate need to validate their paper champion.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudery View Post

I wouldnt be so quick to trumpet Zenyatta's handicap races as she hasnt been given a fair weight in at least a year.

You have to try very hard to find a softer path than Zenyatta has taken. But it looks like Ol Jess has accomplished that.

This field is a joke.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:10 PM
The Curragh

Is it okay if I believe Zenyatta is just pretty good with pu$$y connections AND Rachel's campaign this year is a complete joke, or do I have to take a side?
Old 07-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
I wouldnt be so quick to trumpet Zenyatta's handicap races as she hasnt been given a fair weight in at least a year.

You have to try very hard to find a softer path than Zenyatta has taken. But it looks like Ol Jess has accomplished that.

This field is a joke.
And how is that her ****ing fault Chuckie. Its worth 400k.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
Well the Whitney is in 2 weeks, the Del Cap was last weekend. What would have been wrong with either of those? O yes, the 10f and QR.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
It is her fault because they needed to have monmouth change the date and distance of the race which was already going to be pretty much a layup. It doesnt take a master horseman to figure out that there are other graded options available (you know the races that the good horses are supposed to run in?) and virtually no one would run in the RA invitational.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Well the Whitney is in 2 weeks, the Del Cap was last weekend. What would have been wrong with either of those? O yes, the 10f and QR.
Give me a break. She beat males and older males 3 times last year....She only regained her old form for the last race.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Zenyatta could have run in these races also. The connections of both horses are ducking.
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
It is her fault because they needed to have monmouth change the date and distance of the race which was already going to be pretty much a layup. It doesnt take a master horseman to figure out that there are other graded options available (you know the races that the good horses are supposed to run in?) and virtually no one would run in the RA invitational.
Ok.
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Zenyatta could have run in these races also. The connections of both horses are ducking.
Hmm, Zenyatta is running in and being pointed to Grade 1's. You dont see the difference?
Old 07-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Give me a break. She beat males and older males 3 times last year....She only regained her old form for the last race.
Zenyattas Classic, I agree it was not the best of the best, but it was TONS BETTER then anything Rachel faced in the Woodward.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Ok.
So you are saying that this is not the cowardly path? That they shouldn't be chastised for talking all that crap about how great she is and then have these kinds of fields created for her? That we are supposed to be "oh so happy to just see her compete" or " be happy he didnt retire her"?
Old 07-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Hawthorne

What's even more pathetic is that the hopeless Yes She's a Lady gets a whopping 3 pounds from the HOY, despite not winning a race in over a year. This is a complete joke, and I truly hope she loses, and I'm someone who actually loves Rachel.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Hmm, Zenyatta is running in and being pointed to Grade 1's. You dont see the difference?
Come on man. I know you are smarter than this. Grade 1? The races are a joke. They are both ducking top competition.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARHAGE View Post
What's even more pathetic is that the hopeless Yes She's a Lady gets a whopping 3 pounds from the HOY, despite not winning a race in over a year. This is a complete joke, and I truly hope she loses, and I'm someone who actually loves Rachel.
This group is so bad that it virtually impossible without Borel falling off.

The rest of the field is 4 for 20 on the year with 3 of those wins coming in claiming races at Oaklawn by Fablous Babe who is coming in off of a 62 beyer in an optional claimer.