Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Hoisttheflag

Default Colonial Downs-June 24

Does anyone know who is going in the big one on the grass. I haven't heard anyone yet, but big names are nominated.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Saratoga

I know Lewis Michael is on his way there, I heard Catalano talking about it yesterday in the paddock
Old 05-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Hoisttheflag

Who are the top 3yr olds on the grass? I might go to this race but if Lewis Michael is the top horse I probably will pass. I guess we got lucky with English Channel last year. I heard Stream Cat, Go Between and Showing Up might also go. If Stream Cat or Showing Up run then it should be a good race. Stream Cat is going to be a star on the turf.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:23 PM
5'8".. but all man!

http://www.colonialdowns.com/stakes_...l_Turf_Cup.pdf

Here is the nominations list.

I really want to love Go Between, he looked unreal coming down the stretch when Prado took him to the rail in the Palm Beach Stakes. He had a dream trip that day. Then, I had a hard time believing it was the same horse in his next race out at Tampa when losing to Mr. Silver. He looked like a tired horse coming down the stretch. He lost a length, but he did race wide most of the race after starting from the extreme outside (12 hole). He then looked MUCH better coming home in the Crown Royal when finishing 2nd to Stream Cat. Stream Cat was last the whole race while on the rail and was fortunate to find a hole when they turned for home and proved to be a bit too much for Go Between that day.

There is another turf horse I really want to like that has been racing out west, but he cant seem to quite get to the line in time. His name is Genre. I love the way he moves, but I have to see more heart from this guy.

Of course the best 3YO turfer in the country will not be coming to CD this summer as he just had surgery to save his live after breaking down in the Preakness. I would have given anything to see Barbaro glide across the Secretariat Turf Course at Colonial this summer.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:43 PM
5'8".. but all man!

also, Pletcher has another good looking 3YO turfer in Manchu Prince. Won at first asking, the tried stakes company next out and had no chance in the Tropical Park Derby as he spotted the field at least 3 lengths when he was left standing in the gate. Came back in his 3rd start to pass his Alw N1X. Love the kick on him coming down the lane too.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:03 AM
Hollywood Park

Stream Cat running tommorrow at Lone Star Race#4 ML 9/5
Old 05-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Hoisttheflag

Stream Cat runs today and Showing Up worked again yesterday on the turf so we should have two big names for the Colonial. I will take whichever horse goes off at a better price, probably Showing Up if Stream Cat wins today.