Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
who cares? unless either one of you made some cash from it

You ain't gunna do a stake-out on the ex-girlfriend's place tonight?
Old 07-15-2006, 09:25 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
You ain't gunna do a stake-out on the ex-girlfriend's place tonight?

touche!...........
Old 07-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
touche!...........

jst kdn....
Old 07-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Actually ...

... I didn't create this thread for the savvy members of this forum ...

... it's really for the hyenas, goo-goos, and girly-boys of another forum ... who really deserve to have their noses rubbed in it.

They're obsessed with my posts on this forum ... and they go nuts when I "gloat" over my laser-like predictions ... and I'm sure by now that word of this thread has them going hysterical over there.

Thanks to all Derbytrail members for tolerating my twisting it to them. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointg5
Actually, I get a kick out of Bold's Mayan King obsession, I don't think half the people realize that he's joking...

I have a problem with this post though, because it's easy to say he will lose without saying who will win, if he backed that up with a winner, that would be another thing...
Joking? Hey ... when it comes to Mayan King ... I'm deadly SERIOUS.

As I stated above ... the purpose of this thread was to remind a bunch of losers elsewhere of how often and how long they've been humiliating themselves.

It's tough for members of this forum to appreciate what it's like over at the other place ... and trust me ... you really don't want to. You just can't imagine the hysteria, the crying, the emotionalism ... and that's from the guys.

So please indulge me ... but I just love to sock it to 'em.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Cunningham Racing

He isn't a fraud...he was giving 8-10 lbs. to all horses and it was set up as an 'ambush' race....Plus, they tried to rate him well of of horses and that is not his game...I bet he is never that far back again...they experimented and it went bad....he is a horse who has to be in the race early and he will next time and WILL be there at the wire. Remember, he has never had to make up the type of ground he had to today when they turned for home....he usually the one leading the field into the stretch...they tried something and it failed, but I doubt they ever make that mistake again....

I can't label him a 'fraud' or 'overrated' on that performance because I really think it was a product of a bad tactic decision.....

Hell, I love the horse but thought strongly that he was vulnerable (of course I wish Weigelia would have sat a little longer because I bet him and think he was the best horse in that race after finishing despite the closer bias and fast fractions early he was involved in)....LITF was in an ambush race...plain and simple, and so was Dubai Escapade, but LITF and Dubai Esc. are still the best horses...they just lost in vulnerable situations IMO
Old 07-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Cunningham Racing

By the way, I was awaiting this thread when I logged on this evening...I just knew it would be here and would be a popular thread ....hilariuous...
Old 07-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
By the way, I was awaiting this thread when I logged on this evening...I just knew it would be here and would be a popular thread ....hilariuous...
Yeah ... your first post was hysterical!

I'm still laughing at the way you pretended to defend Lost Like A Fraud with those silly spinmeister-like excuses. You really made it seem serious ... very funny stuff ... thanks. LOL!
Old 07-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
Yeah ... your first post was hysterical!

I'm still laughing at the way you pretended to defend Lost Like A Fraud with those silly spinmeister-like excuses. You really made it seem serious ... very funny stuff ... thanks. LOL!
I certainly didn't expect you to agree.....hence the thread ....some of you people are hilarious...we'll see how he runs next out....you might be eating some crow then.....
Old 07-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
I certainly didn't expect you to agree.....hence the thread ....some of you people are hilarious...we'll see how he runs next out....you might be eating some crow then.....
Not gonna be a "next out" ... they'll retire him while they still can round up some gullible investors to form a stallion syndicate.

If they run him again ... they won't be able to con anyone.

Look for the staged "bone chips ... best interest of the horse" press conference by next week.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
Not gonna be a "next out" ... they'll retire him while they still can round up some gullible investors to form a stallion syndicate.

If they run him again ... they won't be able to con anyone.

Look for the staged "bone chips ... best interest of the horse" press conference by next week.
They couldn't 'con' anyone now or even before the race....this horse won't be a solid commercial stallion until he wins a few more GIs against older horses...he's a freakin' Lost Soldier..Who want to breed to that?...Nobody in the breeding game, I assure you.....He'll race again because his premier value is as a racing prospect and not as stallion...it just is with his pedigree...
Old 07-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Flemington

They did not try to rate LITF today.I saw Baze interviewed,and it was not his choice to be off the pace that far early on. No response when asked on the turn.

"He had a quarter crack that really got to bothering him here earlier in the week - at one point we were 50-50 not to run - but he seemed to be going really good on it the last couple of days."

Gilchrist said he will assess Lost in the Fog's condition when he returns to California, but did not rule out the possibility that the Smile may have been the 4-year-old's last race.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 07-16-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:09 AM
Saratoga

LITF is done, just by that statement, he is done. I wonder what type of stud value he has, not sure he would stand in Kentucky, maybe start in Florida
Old 07-16-2006, 02:10 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
He runs his best against weaker fields when he can comfortably assume the lead on the turn. Whenever he has real quality sprinters on his inside that make him fight for the lead he folds up or as you say, he doesn't fire. I've not heard about these supposed physical problems and I don't buy it. If he is obviously hurting and has physical problems why are they racing him against hard knockers like the field today? In todays DRF the quote from Gilchrist is "But the way he won the Aristides I'd say he's just as good now as he was when he came here last year". Sounds confident to me.
Trainers don't make up stories about their horses having problems. It's just the opposite. They will usually claim that their horse is sound even if the horse is very unsound. In this case, Gilchrist admitted flat out that the horse has got alot of physical problems this year. You obviously have not read the interviews with Gilchrist. I'm sure you didn't know that they were thinking about retiring him if he didn't win the race in Kentucky. The quote that you read was positive, but you need to listen to everything they say. I would expect him to say positive things about his horse. These trainers will very rarely say anything negative about their horses. You have to listen carefully for any clue they may give you. In this case, it wasn't so subtle. Gilchrist flat out said that the horse a lot of problmes this year and that they were thinking about retiring him.
Even before I read the interview, I knew the horse was not right this year because I saw him galloping sore in the morning. I couldn't believe that he ran so well in Kentucky. I guess Gilchrist managed to get one last good race out of him.
You asked why they would run the horse in a tough race if he has problems. Trainers do it all the time. You never know for sure how a hurt horse will run, until you try it. You should have seen the ankle on Bandidni before the Ky Derby. He had a huge ankle on him, but Plethcer took a shot and ran him any way. In that case, it didn't work. Baffert ran Forrest Camp with a huge ankle in the Del Mar Furturity. One of my trainers could not believe that the horse was running on that ankle. He ended up winning the race easily but that was the last race of his career.
Anyway, LITF had nothing today. He didn't even show any speed. You know there's something wrong when he doesn't even show any speed. He even showed speed in the BC Sprint.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:31 AM
Del Mar

LITF's record speaks for itself. He won 10 races in a row and has won either 6 or 7 graded stakes races. When you have 11 wins from 14 lifetime starts including 6 or 7 graded stakes wins, you know you have a pretty special horse.
I'm not a huge LITF fan either. We tend to like the horses that we have made money on. I've never made any money on LITF. I rarely bet favorites, and I have never bet on LITF. I've bet against him a few times and I usually got burned because he usually beat me. He's a tough horse. I have a lot of respect for him. I thought it was amazing how he kept winning last year despite the fact that they kept shipping him all over the place. He really only ran in two easy spots all year. He had those two easy races in Northern California, but aside from that he was shipping all over the country running in graded stakes races. If what he did last year was not impressive, then I'd like to know what is. I'd like someone to name me a horse who has had a more impressive campaign the last few years than that. I don't know if there are any. If there are, you can count them on one hand.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:22 AM
Del Mar

Three nice horses who like this track(E Breeze,L M Alone,and LITF)

Scuds- Leave Me Alone hasnt won a race since the Test at Saratoga almost 1year ago, shes had 7 or 8 tries. Her form the last couple months has been an utter mess. Shes lost miserably at Belmont, Churchill and now Calder in her last 3.

Not sure about the other 2 hosses you mentioned but Leave Me Alone needs a vacation, its not the track.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:31 AM
Santa Anita

I'd have to say BB is wrong in this case. This horse was simply the best 3 year old sprinter in the world last year and never lost to another 3 year old until the BC Classic. Most horses are frauds. Silver Train can't run away from Belmont Park, he is even skipping SAratoga this year. I call him more of a fraud then Lost in the Fog. Lava Man is a fraud. He can't run away from California. Perfect Drift is a fraud, he rarely wins. Funny Cide is a fraud, he rarely wins any more. Songster is a fraud. He can't run in slop. Bernardini is a fraud. He rarely runs and got beat his first out proving his frauddom. Secretariat was a fraud, who got exposed by Jerkins twice showing what a fraud he was. Mayan King is a fraud, he finished 13th of 13 in freaking Iowa. Brass Hat is a fraud, he is hurt again. Bold Ruler especially was a fraud, nice race in the biggest race in America. He failed miserably on the biggest stage in America just as Fog did. His other races carrying 800 lbs simply don't matter. Scratch them.

Every single thoroughbred is a fraud BB, it can be proven by me over and over by virtually anyone. You think this is superior thought process you are using here to make people mad. Wow, scintillating! Your useless whining about your genius is stupid and insane. It seems you are more obsessed with the people on the other forum than we are with you!

Last edited by horseofcourse : 07-16-2006 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:44 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse
I'd have to say BB is wrong in this case. This horse was simply the best 3 year old sprinter in the world last year and never lost to another 3 year old until the BC Classic. Most horses are frauds. Silver Train can't run away from Belmont Park, he is even skipping SAratoga this year. I call him more of a fraud then Lost in the Fog. Lava Man is a fraud. He can't run away from California. Perfect Drift is a fraud, he rarely wins. Funny Cide is a fraud, he rarely wins any more. Songster is a fraud. He can't run in slop. Bernardini is a fraud. He rarely runs and got beat his first out proving his frauddom. Secretariat was a fraud, who got exposed by Jerkins twice showing what a fraud he was. Mayan King is a fraud, he finished 13th of 13 in freaking Iowa. Brass Hat is a fraud, he is hurt again. Bold Ruler especially was a fraud, nice race in the biggest race in America. He failed miserably on the biggest stage in America just as Fog did. His other races carrying 800 lbs simply don't matter. Scratch them.

Every single thoroughbred is a fraud BB, it can be proven by me over and over by virtually anyone. You think this is superior thought process you are using here to make people mad. Wow, scintillating! Your useless whining about your genius is stupid and insane. It seems you are more obsessed with the people on the other forum than we are with you!
Well said and of course BB is wrong. He never has offered an original thought and just revels in narrow world of self-proclaimed superiority. At some point, save Personal Ensign, they ALL lose. You, now it, I know it, everyone knows it. This guy just revels in looking baackwards and finding a way to proclaim himself a genius. Noone buys his act.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:02 AM
boldruler

LITF is probably a little overhyped, but no fraud. The best sprinter in the country though is up in NY today. If Anew beats the Train on his own track than Anew is clearly the horse to beat in the sprint division.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Del Mar

I cant wait to watch this race today (Tom Fool) at belmont. Once again Belmont is showing why it is clearly the premier track in the country. Its also one of the least biased race track out there. Any running style can win. And people wonder why so many horses ship there.