Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Get-Togethers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-23-2006, 09:15 PM
chromer

Default BC in Vegas

There has to be someone else from the board that will be in town.

I'm flying in Friday morning. I'll be at Bally's race book Saturday until after the Classic.

Anyone else in town? I'm seriously inflexible about where I'll watch the BC and the best bet to meet might be Friday afternoon if you can't stroll over to Bally's.

Anyone?
Old 10-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Randwyck

I'll be in LV, but the complications started when I found out that 5-6 horseplayin buddies from MN will be here now. Where the heck can we go to all get a seat, and what time should we get there to be sure we do? Is Bally's a good spot to try?
Thanks in advance................
Old 10-25-2006, 07:36 PM
chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnSkinny
I'll be in LV, but the complications started when I found out that 5-6 horseplayin buddies from MN will be here now. Where the heck can we go to all get a seat, and what time should we get there to be sure we do? Is Bally's a good spot to try?
Thanks in advance................
Bally's does not reserve seats in the the main area (to the right of the first staircase past the bar) for BC. All of them have an individual TV set and as I posted earlier they restrict sports betting (read college football) to just 2 stations with all the other's serving horseplayer's first. Thank you Johnny Avello.

Get there ungodly early. We usually send 2 guys to save 5-6 seats by 6am. You won't find 6 together after 700am. You won't find any after 830am. We take turns and sadly this is my year. I'll be the grumpy looking guy who went to bed early Friday night sitting with his hungover friends. Friday night sucks. But I usually do better years I have to squat the seats. Maybe it's the full night sleep. Maybe it's the forced march of 3 hours handicapping.

Yell "Chromer" and I'll find you.