Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Thats a touchy thing to do Sniper. They are owned by two different guys, and I dunno if he wants that perception that hes sacrificing one for the other.
True but on the other hand what if Berardini tanks and Wanderin Boy wins? Then he didn't enter Sun King in a race he could have won to "favor" Wanderin Boy. I guess he has the poor man's complement to Wanderin Boy in Andromeda's Hero already.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Musical Zito horses continues. Now that Spanish Chestnut is out he is considering running Wanderin Boy instead of Sun King. I say run them both as they'll complement each other perfectly.
That would make too much sense. Let's be realistic, Bernardini can't be beaten by any horse in America. However, second in a grade 1 is worth a few bucks.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Thats why I didn't bet him either. And it ruined my day. I singled Malheur who couldn't lose at the top of the stretch, until he lost his air, and then proceeded to watch the next legs of my pik-3 roll home.
I ended up catching the late pik-4 which ended on Birdstone which paid great, but all I could think of was that I only had a buck on it because I was down to pennies before it started and if I had at least saved with Silver Train in my pik-3's as a saver I would maybe have had 10 bucks on it instead of two bucks. Its like the difference between 8 thousand and 1600. Nothing To Lose was a cinch that day and I liked the horse who won the Kings Bishop at a decent price although his name eludes me now, do you remember who win it Randall? I got lucky when someone carried out the horse who was making a big move at the top of the lane, and my horse slid up the rail umimpeded and saved all ground and won.
My memory is crazy huh? I can remember exactly where I was standing in the clubhouse and exactly what tv monitor I watched the race on, and I can see the horse carrying out the other horse at the top of the lane and seeing my horse slide up the rail with a perfect trip like noone ever had,lol, but I can't remember his name.

If I'm correct, that was the Valid Video race, no?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:18 PM
pgardn

Megs could have had a few more seconds if Frankel ran him against Mineshaft. Megs lost the BCC for Congaree. That crushed me.