Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Del Mar

Default Teams with the most annoying fans

Steelers- Yeah, I know, your third cousin twice removed is from altoona so you are allowed into steeler "nation" although you live in Detroit. If they did an IQ test for a team's average fan, I would bet good money they finish last...by a LOT.

Red Sox- We didn't hear about any Red Sox Nation for over 80 years. They win a few world series and next thing you know Red necks in tennessee are wearing Dustin Pedroia jerseys.

Celtics and Lakers fans- Basketball is the ultimate bandwagon sport. Kobe is 33 and Phil is about to retire. Wonder how many laker fans will be out there next time they get bad and there is no jerry west around to help them out.

Duke fans- At the top of my personal list. Their coach looks like a rat. I hate duke and it would take a separate topic to list all the reasons.

Eagle fans- Newsflash guys. Your teams have been bad over the years more times than they have been good. Eagles fan will look back on the Mcnabb/reid era as the glory days when the next Rich Kotite comes in and they are 2-16 (accounting for new 18 game schedule). Having said all of that, eagles fans are pretty scary and I would only voice this opinion on the internet.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Jerome Park

#1) Yankees Fans

#2) Cowboys Fans

#3) USC fans

#4) Fucl< you Dala
Old 01-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Jerome Park

And guess what Dala, I was always right about McNabb. Luckily for me, you got to experience it first hand this year, instead of forming opinions with little knowledge. As for the Eagles run, it was a lot more the Brian Dawkins / Jim Johnson era than it ever was the McNabb/Reid era.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Gulfstream Park

1. Yankees

2. Jets

3. Mets
Old 01-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Woodbine

1) Cubs Fans by a landslide

2) Vikings

3) Yankee
Old 01-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Saratoga

1) Mets
2) Jets
3) Nascar fans
Old 01-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
1) Mets
2) Jets
3) Nascar fans
1. Cowgirls
2. Yankees
3. Obama fans like you are
4. Almost forgot the following team: Completely Useless By September

Last edited by Nascar1966 : 01-26-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Hialeah Park

Dala,

Theres a good chance I'm 6 feet deep by way of old age before Andy ever turns over the helm on sundays. As great of a coach he is throughout the week, he's equally as bad and redundant on sundays.

That said, I wouldnt trade him in for the world. (world being anyone not named Mike Tomlin ) Do i feel like ripping my hair out sometimes with some of his shtick? Hell yea. Cooler heads always prevail and i take the good with the bad. He is sooo underappreciated in ths city tht it disgusts me. I argue EVERYDAY with boneheads that wish to chime in on Garry Cobb's facebook page about the Eagles and how they need a change at head coach. I admit that some of his antics are stale, i.e. clock management, red zone efficiency, and utilization of the challenge flags. People must forget how bad we were before he took over.

My list:

1) Cowboy fans that are fans only bc they needed to identify themselves with a winner.
2) Lakers fans
3) see 1 and 2
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Oriental Park

Red Sox fans by a landslide.

Even though I'm a lifelong Steeler fan I have to admit Steeler Nation is starting to get obnoxious.

Penguin fans.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Yeah, I don't see how it's not New England fans just in general (including Red Sox, Celtics, and the very underrated in terms of annoyance Patriots fans).

Other than that, Bears fans are as a general rule pretty annoying.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Steelers- Yeah, I know, your third cousin twice removed is from altoona so you are allowed into steeler "nation" although you live in Detroit. If they did an IQ test for a team's average fan, I would bet good money they finish last...by a LOT.

Red Sox- We didn't hear about any Red Sox Nation for over 80 years. They win a few world series and next thing you know Red necks in tennessee are wearing Dustin Pedroia jerseys.

Celtics and Lakers fans- Basketball is the ultimate bandwagon sport. Kobe is 33 and Phil is about to retire. Wonder how many laker fans will be out there next time they get bad and there is no jerry west around to help them out.

Duke fans- At the top of my personal list. Their coach looks like a rat. I hate duke and it would take a separate topic to list all the reasons.

Eagle fans- Newsflash guys. Your teams have been bad over the years more times than they have been good. Eagles fan will look back on the Mcnabb/reid era as the glory days when the next Rich Kotite comes in and they are 2-16 (accounting for new 18 game schedule). Having said all of that, eagles fans are pretty scary and I would only voice this opinion on the internet.
Pittsburgh Steelers the only team with six Super Bowls. Gotta love it. Do you like my new avatar?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Oriental Park

[quote=slotdirt;746155]Yeah, I don't see how it's not New England fans just in general (including Red Sox, Celtics, and the very underrated in terms of annoyance Patriots fans).
/QUOTE]

You are right, Celtic and Patriot fans are also annoying but the Sox fans have the same attitude plus a Yankee inferiority complex.

I'm to lazy to double quote but Nascar's above post is an example why I'm sometimes disgusted by my own ilk.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post

Steeler fns have gotten a bit annoying but I can't put them in the whiny level of Cowboy or Jets fans.

Red Sox have a bunch of bandwagon jumpers but they are tame compared to Yankee fans who are about the worst there is.

Laker and Celtic fans are generally just front runners who we wont be hearing much from in a year or two. And Chris Wallace helped out the current LA squad more than Jerry West did

I hear a lot of shi t about Duke fans but I have to admit I dont know any or any that openly they are Duke fans. KY basketball fans are so over the top bad I can't imagine any could be worse.

USC fans are generally intolerable (see Smooth Operator)
Notre Dame fans have been pretty quiet lately but they generally suck
Old 01-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Steeler fns have gotten a bit annoying but I can't put them in the whiny level of Cowboy or Jets fans.

Red Sox have a bunch of bandwagon jumpers but they are tame compared to Yankee fans who are about the worst there is.

Laker and Celtic fans are generally just front runners who we wont be hearing much from in a year or two. And Chris Wallace helped out the current LA squad more than Jerry West did

I hear a lot of shi t about Duke fans but I have to admit I dont know any or any that openly they are Duke fans. KY basketball fans are so over the top bad I can't imagine any could be worse.

USC fans are generally intolerable (see Smooth Operator)
Notre Dame fans have been pretty quiet lately but they generally suck
No........really???????

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 01-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Arlington Park

i was in burlington, ca in 1994 and after the superbowl was driving to my hotel when a guy chucked a beer bottle at my car.

i pulled over to calmly discuss the situation which as i recall was me shouting something along the lines of "what the ****?!?" to which he answered "niners, dude!"

he was a very annoying fan.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Golden Gate

NE Brady Oops I Mean NE Patriots
Old 01-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Golden Gate

Yankees and Cowboys
Old 01-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Duke's fans are less annoying than Duke's coach, players, and student body.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Woodbine

1. NY Rangers fans-by a landslide...one Cup in 70 years and even that one was really the Edmonton Oilers in Ranger jerseys

2. NY Mets/Jets They suck way more than when they are good..and when they are good, we have to hear how amazing they are...

3. Red Sox..see #1 except they at least have 2 championships.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:52 AM
top predator.

UK basketball fans (or 99% of the state of KY)