Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2019, 11:58 AM
Havre de Grace

Default Catholic Boy to stand at Claiborne

Upon retirement, which hopefully will be after a successful 4 year old campaign on dirt and turf. Versatile hard trying Hoss is a fave of mine
Old 05-21-2019, 12:35 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Upon retirement, which hopefully will be after a successful 4 year old campaign on dirt and turf. Versatile hard trying Hoss is a fave of mine
I hope he runs a lot more races. Fun horse to watch
Old 05-21-2019, 05:56 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
I hope he runs a lot more races. Fun horse to watch
Yeah Ok another that runs by appointment only
Old 05-21-2019, 06:41 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Catholic Boy runs fairly regularly when he gets going. He was clobbered in last year's BC Classic so I won't hold a large break between his 3yo and 4yo campaigns against him. He also supposedly bled badly in the Florida Derby which knock him out for several weeks last year. Otherwise the only gaps in his races have been the trendy "train up to the BC" in both 2017 and 2018.

I guess you could whine that he should be in the Manhattan ahead of the Suburban (his next goal reportedly) but nowadays I'll take what I can get.

That said, if they think they can flip-flop between turf and dirt every start I think we'll see the horse go off form very quickly. They should focus on the Arlington Million for now and then shoot for the JC Gold Cup and BC Classic (and maybe the Pegasus Cup) to end his career.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:13 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Catholic Boy runs fairly regularly when he gets going. He was clobbered in last year's BC Classic so I won't hold a large break between his 3yo and 4yo campaigns against him. He also supposedly bled badly in the Florida Derby which knock him out for several weeks last year. Otherwise the only gaps in his races have been the trendy "train up to the BC" in both 2017 and 2018.

I guess you could whine that he should be in the Manhattan ahead of the Suburban (his next goal reportedly) but nowadays I'll take what I can get.

That said, if they think they can flip-flop between turf and dirt every start I think we'll see the horse go off form very quickly. They should focus on the Arlington Million for now and then shoot for the JC Gold Cup and BC Classic (and maybe the Pegasus Cup) to end his career.
Although he raced great against Analyze It (who I thought incorrectly was the nuts) I wonder how he will fair against euro's with "turn of foot?" The handicap division is so devoid of talent at 8+f's the easy pickings seem to be dirt not roughing it against AOB and Chad in the Million. I am guessing Claiborne will have some influence on what they would like his campaign to be, so we will see.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:32 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Although he raced great against Analyze It (who I thought incorrectly was the nuts) I wonder how he will fair against euro's with "turn of foot?" The handicap division is so devoid of talent at 8+f's the easy pickings seem to be dirt not roughing it against AOB and Chad in the Million. I am guessing Claiborne will have some influence on what they would like his campaign to be, so we will see.
I also thought Analyze It was the nuts. Is he coming back for a 4yo year? Has to, right?
Old 05-21-2019, 08:49 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Who gives a ****. All I said was I like to watch the horse run and hopes he runs a lot. He’s a fun horse that can run any race
Old 05-21-2019, 09:14 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Could you be more out of touch? Probably.

Analyze It, although anointed way too soon as the second coming of Manila, didn't run a bad race all year in 2018. If he showed any limitations it was at classic distances. You realize he got beat less than a length in the BC Mile as a 3yo, right?

Catholic Boy...if you haven't figure out...has lost one race on the turf in his life. Did you see last year's Belmont Derby? He beat 'AOB' and 'Chad' both on turf...and dirt...last year.

Of course, none of your response addresses the faulty "race by appointment" jab you originally posted.

Let me know when you actually look over his PPs...
Old 05-22-2019, 06:08 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:

Analyze It, although anointed way too soon as the second coming of Manila, didn't run a bad race all year in 2018. If he showed any limitations it was at classic distances. You realize he got beat less than a length in the BC Mile as a 3yo, right?

Catholic Boy...if you haven't figure out...has lost one race on the turf in his life. Did you see last year's Belmont Derby? He beat 'AOB' and 'Chad' both on turf...and dirt...last year.

Of course, none of your response addresses the faulty "race by appointment" jab you originally posted.

4 races at 2
6 races at 3
1 race at 4

34 months 11 races. I have been to church more in the last 34 months and I am a Jewish Boy
Old 05-22-2019, 06:12 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:

Mendelson who is a good comparison.
5 races at 2
8 races at 3
150 mares in foal at 4
Old 05-22-2019, 07:19 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski View Post
I also thought Analyze It was the nuts. Is he coming back for a 4yo year? Has to, right?
Not sure his status? I do not think he has worked officially anyways?
Old 05-22-2019, 08:51 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
4 races at 2
6 races at 3
1 race at 4

34 months 11 races. I have been to church more in the last 34 months and I am a Jewish Boy
Your'e way off. The horse made its debut in mid-July 2017. It hasn't even been 2 years.

It's been only 23 months (I realize you don't have enough fingers and toes to figure this out for yourself).

I already explained where the horse had time off for physical problems, but despite those, the horse has made more starts than either McKinzie, Tenfold, or Audible. The only graded stakes horse from his crop that remains in training that I can think of with more starts is Firenze Fire.

I'm not surprised that you've been to church...I'm sure you've accidentally wandered into a lot of places you didn't intend to go to...a high school graduation, for example.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:11 AM
Keeneland

I’ve missed these back and forth’s so much
Old 05-22-2019, 09:58 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Your'e way off. The horse made its debut in mid-July 2017. It hasn't even been 2 years.

It's been only 23 months (I realize you don't have enough fingers and toes to figure this out for yourself).

I already explained where the horse had time off for physical problems, but despite those, the horse has made more starts than either McKinzie, Tenfold, or Audible. The only graded stakes horse from his crop that remains in training that I can think of with more starts is Firenze Fire.

I'm not surprised that you've been to church...I'm sure you've accidentally wandered into a lot of places you didn't intend to go to...a high school graduation, for example.
You are way off Bravazo Promises Fulfilled Lone Sailor etc. You know from barns that race vs train

If Analyze It isn't that much at distance than suggesting the one-paced Catholic Boy is "all that" on turf is flawed. Currently, the dirt handicap division is much less likely to be any good this year than the big turf races that will attract AOB and Robert Bruce etc. Maybe you have insight into super talented laimo Cat Cruiser,.... wait till he puts it all together in February in the shed.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:01 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Not sure his status? I do not think he has worked officially anyways?
His status is still shellshocked from Catholic Boy breaking his spirit. You never liked Catholic Boy, Freddy, remember?
Old 05-22-2019, 10:20 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
His status is still shellshocked from Catholic Boy breaking his spirit. You never liked Catholic Boy, Freddy, remember?
That's fair
Old 05-22-2019, 12:25 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Was he shellshocked when he ran huge in the Breeders Cup?
Old 05-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Star of stage and screen also dirt and turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Was he shellshocked when he ran huge in the Breeders Cup?
Can’t win them all hoss. Won the Travers ! Won his return and poised for a big year.
What’s your beef with Catholic Boy ? You weren’t against him last year like Freddy Mo, Surly, and Joe Rockhead ( RIP )
Old 05-22-2019, 02:54 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Can’t win them all hoss. Won the Travers ! Won his return and poised for a big year.
What’s your beef with Catholic Boy ? You weren’t against him last year like Freddy Mo, Surly, and Joe Rockhead ( RIP )
I was talking about Analyze It. You said he was she’ll shocked, but he ran a big race in the Breeders Cup.

I have no beef with Catholic Boy.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:09 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
You are way off Bravazo Promises Fulfilled Lone Sailor etc. You know from barns that race vs train
Bravazo isn't training and there's a good chance he won't return.

Promises Fulfilled has made one more start than Catholic Boy in 2019 and has 2 starts more than him overall.

It's cute that you scrolled through all the also-rans from the major 3yo races last year to come up with Lone Sailor. When's the press conference for his next intended start?