Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2016, 08:05 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Default NYRA Coverage On Fox Sports (UPDATE: 500 hours of BEL/SAR)

Thank you to the powers that be for getting this feed out.The HD signal and very SMART handicapping is a breath of fresh air.On air talent is outstanding.KUDOS to nyra and fs2.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:02 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
Thank you to the powers that be for getting this feed out.The HD signal and very SMART handicapping is a breath of fresh air.On air talent is outstanding.KUDOS to nyra and fs2.
Agreed Hooves. The coverage is awesome. Miggy gave out a 12-1 and his
Explanation for how he would ride that horse was spot on. The whole telecast was very informative and entertaining.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:03 PM
Washington Park

I haven't checked out FS2 but been streaming (free) to my computers. The HD is super and been a big fan since they started. At the SPA, Tom Amoss has been really good. They beefed up the good telecast of Jason, Andy, Maggie, Mig and added Tom and Gabby. Really good content and production.

It is such a relief to watch that instead of TVG. I feel like I'm being sold bets all the time. It's an ADW pump machine. I miss HRTV. I really, really like nyra.com and hope they continue with it.

It honestly and accurately promotes their product. It delivers the product to many. I hope they can accurately monetize this. I think having this free on the net and cable will do much for nyra. I think if they were to restrict this to nyra bets clients or charge for it, we would see it die on the vine.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:37 AM
Louisiana Downs

unbelievable quality and coverage A+
Old 07-30-2016, 06:04 AM
Belmont Park

It's excellent not a huge Greg Wolf fan but no denying he is a pro just so used to Jason that I miss his control over cadence. Amoss and Andy (oh that's funny) is better the Simon and Andy at that is saying a lot because they were very good last year. If you are a network and aren't listening to what fans really want and changing the TC and BC coverage your deaf to what matters to customers.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:50 PM
Washington Park

Greg Wolf, I was wondering who that was today. Very smooth. Certainly not with the familiarity of Jason but very pro.

I'm just wishing it was the whole day. I'm not sure how they would monetize that, but I'd watch it all day from Saratoga, especially.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:00 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnunan4759 View Post

I'm just wishing it was the whole day. I'm not sure how they would monetize that, but I'd watch it all day from Saratoga, especially.
Thanks, but we would all be in body bags by the third week.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:44 AM
Santa Anita

Terrific coverage with a great group of horsecasters.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Gulfstream Park

Viewed while visiting my mother this weekend. Very well done.

I refuse to pay extra toll to my cable operator for enhanced sports package. Plus, I can view online through nyra.com
Old 08-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Washington Park

Agree Andy. Really appreciate all the good work. It's absolutely noticed and appreciated. I sent an email to nyra telling them that.

I think it just gives great access to the product. I live in PA and can't, by law, get nyrabets. However, I love having free access to nyra.com and the Live show because 95% of my bets are on nyra tracks (bound to either Parx or TVG). The other 5% are special races, but my day-in day-out bets are on nyra. This gives me better access to the product I want than I've ever had.

Has this increased my wagering ? Yes. I can be more involved on a daily basis and find I do much better and probably wager 2X what I did before nyra.com went live.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Yes ! Absolutely love NYRA HD feed, bet on my ADW and watch on NYRA.com
Old 08-04-2016, 06:17 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaf View Post
Yes ! Absolutely love NYRA HD feed, bet on my ADW and watch on NYRA.com
Ditto..............cannot believe the quality of the picture. Kudos!
Old 08-04-2016, 09:51 PM
Washington Park

I'm actually using the NYRA app on my tablet. Excellent. Video stream fast as TV. Plus I don't have to look at a stream of idiot's tickets. I do like Andy's tickets because I'm sure he's playing it. It's not like he's telling you to play it, just showing what he's doing. Plus gives pictures of tickets !! Don't see that on TVG. Maybe they are make-believe tickets.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:28 AM
Bowie

I love the show, I think it is great, better than any coverage on NBC or ESPN. My one issue is that it seems the race that goes off between 3:30 and 4pm always seems to be a maiden 2yo race and there is no pre race prattle so we don't get Maggie or Mig giving us valuable info. I know on weekends that race starts the pick 6 but still it seems like the more customer friendly thing to do would be schedule a different race at that time.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:58 AM
Steve Byk

Nearly every Belmont, Saratoga card to be shown on Fox Sports
By Matt Hegarty

The New York Racing Association has reached a deal with Fox Sports that will put nearly every card at NYRA’s Belmont Park and Saratoga Race Course on the company’s television networks for at least the next two years, the two companies announced on Thursday.

The multiyear agreement, which will result in 500 hours of live programming on Fox’s television networks in 2019 and over 600 hours in 2020, the companies said, is the most expansive television deal for a racing entity since the launch of TVG nearly two decades ago. Under the deal, NYRA will produce the broadcasts on a daily basis, using its talent and a Fox Sports host, Greg Wolf, with funding also provided through a presenting sponsorship by America’s Best Racing, the marketing company owned by the Jockey Club.

“This is a transformative agreement between NYRA and Fox Sports that will dramatically expand national television coverage of the best Thoroughbred racing in the country,” said Chris Kay, the chief executive of NYRA, in a release. “With increased competition for wagering dollars, we recognize the importance of capturing the attention of sports fans and bettors using high-quality television production to provide the best coverage and racing analysis anywhere today.”

The deal is non-exclusive, according to NYRA spokesman Pat McKenna, meaning NYRA’s races will continue to be broadcast on TVG, the sport’s only dedicated horse racing channel, and on other regional networks, such as MSG.

However, whereas the NYRA races share air time with competing tracks on TVG, the Fox broadcasts will focus exclusively on NYRA’s product, and the Fox broadcasts will also be more widely available in high-definition. While TVG has the capacity to broadcast in high-definition, it has been assigned high-definition slots on only a handful of cable and satellite networks, to the frustration of many top-class racetracks like NYRA that have invested significant resources in high-definition capabilities.

NYRA officials declined to discuss additional financial arrangements of the deal.

Mike Mulvihill, Fox Sports’s executive vice president of league operations, research, and strategy, said that the company is increasingly looking for live sports content, and that the company is especially interested in live content related to wagering in the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court decision earlier this year allowing states to legalize sports betting. FS2 recently launched a show dedicated to sports-betting topics.

“We’re in the live content business, we’re in the live sports business,” said Mulvihill, who is a horseplayer and racing fan. “And we think what we have here is the most valuable, compelling content in the ecosystem.”

Mulvihill also cited Fox Sports’s history with NYRA as proof that the racing association “can deliver high-quality content.” NYRA first partnered with Fox Sports in 2016 to produce a series of live broadcasts from Saratoga that resulted in 80 hours of live programming. The series was expanded in 2017 and 2018 with additional coverage from Saratoga and broadcasts from Belmont Park.

McKenna said that the broadcasts will primarily run on FS2 and feature nearly every card run at Belmont Park’s fall and spring meetings and at Saratoga, NYRA’s most popular racetrack. The broadcasts will run at least one hour each day, and will often run as long as six hours, McKenna said, particularly on weekends.

Because NYRA has not yet released its live racing schedule for 2019 and 2020, specific details on broadcast windows have not yet been hammered out, McKenna said. NYRA typically runs 225 live race cards annually at its three tracks, which, in addition to Belmont and Saratoga, also includes Aqueduct. NYRA also operates its own account-wagering network, NYRA Bets, which is expected to be heavily promoted during the broadcasts.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:06 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
By Matt Hegarty

The New York Racing Association has reached a deal with Fox Sports that will put nearly every card at NYRA’s Belmont Park and Saratoga Race Course on the company’s television networks for at least the next two years, the two companies announced on Thursday......
AWESOME!!!!
Old 11-30-2018, 07:35 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
By Matt Hegarty

The New York Racing Association has reached a deal with Fox Sports that will put nearly every card at NYRA’s Belmont Park and Saratoga Race Course on the company’s television networks for at least the next two years, the two companies announced on Thursday.

The multiyear agreement, which will result in 500 hours of live programming on Fox’s television networks in 2019 and over 600 hours in 2020, the companies said, is the most expansive television deal for a racing entity since the launch of TVG nearly two decades ago. Under the deal, NYRA will produce the broadcasts on a daily basis, using its talent and a Fox Sports host, Greg Wolf, with funding also provided through a presenting sponsorship by America’s Best Racing, the marketing company owned by the Jockey Club.

“This is a transformative agreement between NYRA and Fox Sports that will dramatically expand national television coverage of the best Thoroughbred racing in the country,” said Chris Kay, the chief executive of NYRA, in a release. “With increased competition for wagering dollars, we recognize the importance of capturing the attention of sports fans and bettors using high-quality television production to provide the best coverage and racing analysis anywhere today.”

The deal is non-exclusive, according to NYRA spokesman Pat McKenna, meaning NYRA’s races will continue to be broadcast on TVG, the sport’s only dedicated horse racing channel, and on other regional networks, such as MSG.

However, whereas the NYRA races share air time with competing tracks on TVG, the Fox broadcasts will focus exclusively on NYRA’s product, and the Fox broadcasts will also be more widely available in high-definition. While TVG has the capacity to broadcast in high-definition, it has been assigned high-definition slots on only a handful of cable and satellite networks, to the frustration of many top-class racetracks like NYRA that have invested significant resources in high-definition capabilities.

NYRA officials declined to discuss additional financial arrangements of the deal.

Mike Mulvihill, Fox Sports’s executive vice president of league operations, research, and strategy, said that the company is increasingly looking for live sports content, and that the company is especially interested in live content related to wagering in the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court decision earlier this year allowing states to legalize sports betting. FS2 recently launched a show dedicated to sports-betting topics.

“We’re in the live content business, we’re in the live sports business,” said Mulvihill, who is a horseplayer and racing fan. “And we think what we have here is the most valuable, compelling content in the ecosystem.”

Mulvihill also cited Fox Sports’s history with NYRA as proof that the racing association “can deliver high-quality content.” NYRA first partnered with Fox Sports in 2016 to produce a series of live broadcasts from Saratoga that resulted in 80 hours of live programming. The series was expanded in 2017 and 2018 with additional coverage from Saratoga and broadcasts from Belmont Park.

McKenna said that the broadcasts will primarily run on FS2 and feature nearly every card run at Belmont Park’s fall and spring meetings and at Saratoga, NYRA’s most popular racetrack. The broadcasts will run at least one hour each day, and will often run as long as six hours, McKenna said, particularly on weekends.

Because NYRA has not yet released its live racing schedule for 2019 and 2020, specific details on broadcast windows have not yet been hammered out, McKenna said. NYRA typically runs 225 live race cards annually at its three tracks, which, in addition to Belmont and Saratoga, also includes Aqueduct. NYRA also operates its own account-wagering network, NYRA Bets, which is expected to be heavily promoted during the broadcasts.
BY TVG...
Old 11-30-2018, 07:55 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
BY TVG...
Personally I don't think so.. They are already transitioning to additional areas being Daily Fantasy and Sports betting.. Don't see them affected one way or another. NYRA knows the landscape. They would lose handle if they went exclusive and got rid of TVG because of the asinine Monopoly ADW's have in some states. Now if Fox was able to get in bed with say the Fan Duel's and/or Draft Kings and bring a Horse Race wagering (Regular ADW not Fantasy based) offering AND was able to spend the money to Open up all markets allowing multiple ADW's to then that is a completely different story. They could be a one stop shop for all things sports betting/fantasy and do it much better than TVG. Overall though it is a good thing for us as NYRA produces a better show than TVG and I wouldn't have to get on Roku to watch Hi Def which is a pain when I am flipping back and forth between other sports...

Damar Hamlin
Old 11-30-2018, 08:05 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Personally I don't think so.. They are already transitioning to additional areas being Daily Fantasy and Sports betting.. Don't see them affected one way or another. NYRA knows the landscape. They would lose handle if they went exclusive and got rid of TVG because of the asinine Monopoly ADW's have in some states. Now if Fox was able to get in bed with say the Fan Duel's and/or Draft Kings and bring a Horse Race wagering (Regular ADW not Fantasy based) offering AND was able to spend the money to Open up all markets allowing multiple ADW's to then that is a completely different story. They could be a one stop shop for all things sports betting/fantasy and do it much better than TVG. Overall though it is a good thing for us as NYRA produces a better show than TVG and I wouldn't have to get on Roku to watch Hi Def which is a pain when I am flipping back and forth between other sports...
I wasn't suggesting they would take the signal away that would be insane just that I am never watching TVG again save the odd stakes from another circuit
Old 11-30-2018, 09:54 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
I wasn't suggesting they would take the signal away that would be insane just that I am never watching TVG again save the odd stakes from another circuit
Sorry I misunderstood..

Damar Hamlin