Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-21-2006, 02:49 PM
The Curragh

Default Oracle, my public bet to you

On the first Saturday in November, I will take Lava Man over any horse you want. You pick the horse(s) and we are on.

$100 bill

Right here right now, since you was so profound last night and this morning about your feelings about this horse shipping back east. If Lava encounters some type of health issue, is a scratch the bet is off. But by god if Lava loads into the gate at Churchill, the bet is on.

I'll be in attendance so I will either hand you $100 or take off ya.

I was gonna send you a pm and lay this bet out but I would rather it be in a public fashion since you was the one earlier today to bring it up in the first place.

Deal?
Old 08-21-2006, 03:01 PM
The Curragh

I got too thinkin bout this after lunch today and am on the wagon, the Lava Man wagon. I think this horse is the nuts and can't be denied.

I need a Lava Man "I have a Horse Crush like GPK and EC shirt".
Old 08-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost
I got too thinkin bout this after lunch today and am on the wagon, the Lava Man wagon. I think this horse is the nuts and can't be denied.

I need a Lava Man "I have a Horse Crush like GPK and EC shirt".

I have one for Gorella and Drifty 2Mins. Don't worry. We don't think you are weird.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
On the first Saturday in November, I will take Lava Man over any horse you want. You pick the horse(s) and we are on.

$100 bill

Right here right now, since you was so profound last night and this morning about your feelings about this horse shipping back east. If Lava encounters some type of health issue, is a scratch the bet is off. But by god if Lava loads into the gate at Churchill, the bet is on.

I was gonna send you a pm and lay this bet out but I would rather it be in a public fashion since you was the one earlier today to bring it up in the first place.

Deal?
If LM runs in the Classic, which I think he will, I like your bet. I think that Bernardini is the only one that might be able to beat him. Don't let Oracle take Bernardini.

Another 3 year old that is a freak is Discreet Cat. There's no telling how good he is, but he hasn't run for a while and I don't know if he will be ready in time for the Classic. He might be able to beat LM.

LM would crush both Invasor and Sun King.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:42 PM
The Curragh

As of right now if I was to take up everyone who has replied wanting a piece of this bet, and I lost, I would lose my rent money

This bet is reserved between myself and Oracle, if he accepts. If he does not I am not asking anyone else.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:07 PM
oracle80

Quote:

$100 bill

Deal?
The bet is this, I gurantee hes off the board. Thats what i said, and i stand by it. I proposed it, and now in typical weasel fashion you wanna try and change it. Its either hes off the board or nothing. Even money, better than you will get at the parimutuel window. You on or not.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
The bet is this, I gurantee hes off the board. Thats what i said, and i stand by it. I proposed it, and now in typical weasel fashion you wanna try and change it. Its either hes off the board or nothing. Even money, better than you will get at the parimutuel window. You on or not.
2min2post, I think that is fair and if want some one the help you with backing the deal I will cover half.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:23 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hot4TV
2min2post, I think that is fair and if want some one the help you with backing the deal I will cover half.
Nah lets do it ten bucks like Joel and I did on venice and wait a while. Its just a pissing match, shoot we could do it for a quarter.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:38 PM
The Curragh

Quote:

weasel, funny

I want the bet I stated above or no bet at all. Mike, you pick the horse(s) that will beat Lava Man and that is the bet. You spend all this time talkin trash and you are tellin me and everyone else that when the entries are out you can't come up with a horse or two that will beat Lava? If Lava beats them all, I win $100. Should be an easy bet for someone who feels so strongly about Lava's chances. I will make sure to have a $100 bill in an envelope that weekend. As you have said before Mike, now is the time to "Put up or Shut up". You know as well Mike from our other conversations off this board I am good for it.

So Mike, are you in or not? Plenty of time to relax, and then when the Entries are up and we know who is eligible and running its all up to you. Pick the ones, pick the field whatever. Ball is now in your court

Nothing less then $100 either, I feel that strongly about this.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:41 PM
oracle80

Quote:
weasel, funny

I want the bet I stated above or no bet at all. Mike, you pick the horse(s) that will beat Lava Man and that is the bet. You spend all this time talkin trash and you are tellin me and everyone else that when the entries are out you can't come up with a horse or two that will beat Lava? If Lava beats them all, I win $100. Should be an easy bet for someone who feels so strongly about Lava's chances. I will make sure to have a $100 bill in an envelope that weekend. As you have said before Mike, now is the time to "Put up or Shut up". You know as well Mike from our other conversations off this board I am good for it.

So Mike, are you in or not? Plenty of time to relax, and then when the Entries are up and we know who is eligible and running its all up to you. Pick the ones, pick the field whatever. Ball is now in your court

Nothing less then $100 either, I feel that strongly about this.
No see, I never said I knew who would win the BCC. Never said that in any of the threads on this topic. What i said was that if lava came east it sure as hell wasn't gonna be him.
You can twist it any way you want Curt. I will back what I said. Hes off the board if he comes here. You want 100 bucks on that go for it. Thats the deal.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:43 PM
The Curragh

Ok,

So you want this Mike. If Lava finishes 1st, 2nd or 3rd I win the $100. If Lava finishes 4th on back I owe you $100?

You got a deal on that Mike.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:45 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Ok,

So you want this Mike. If Lava finishes 1st, 2nd or 3rd I win the $100. If Lava finishes 4th on back I owe you $100?

You got a deal on that Mike.
Thats the deal. If he doesnt run there is no bet of course, this isnt a Vegas future book here, lol.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:49 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Thats the deal. If he doesnt run there is no bet of course, this isnt a Vegas future book here, lol.
Deal Mike. You going to The Breeder's Cup?
Old 08-21-2006, 08:53 PM
oracle80

Quote:
yeah Curt. We'll meet up someplace down there during the day.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:54 PM
The Curragh

When you all are watching The Breeder's Cup on tv don't worry about that skinny bald dude who is arrested for disorderly conduct when Lava Man finishes fourth
Old 08-21-2006, 08:54 PM
oracle80

Quote:
And assuming these allegies don't drive me to jump off a bridge.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:56 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
yeah Curt. We'll meet up someplace down there during the day.
cool, looking forward to it. I know you will be busy.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Nah lets do it ten bucks like Joel and I did on venice and wait a while. Its just a pissing match, shoot we could do it for a quarter.
You're right it is just a pissin match that is going to turn into a good old East Vs West. I hope Lava Man can make the breeders Cup and still have some of his form left. Its been a long racing season for Lava Man and to expect him to in top form at the end is all most impossible, but you got to love him going 1 1/4 at equal weights. Perfect Drifts trainer was whining about the track being dug up the night before the Pacific Classic. He said they changed the track to be more like Hollywood park, just the way Lava Man likes it!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:01 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hot4TV
You're right it is just a pissin match that is going to turn into a good old East Vs West. I hope Lava Man can make the breeders Cup and still have some of his form left. Its been a long racing season for Lava Man and to expect him to in top form at the end is all most impossible, but you got to love him going 1 1/4 at equal weights. Perfect Drifts trainer was whining about the track being dug up the night before the Pacific Classic. He said they changed the track to be more like Hollywood park, just the way Lava Man likes it!
I can assure you they won't be digging up CD to resemble Hollywood for the BC!!!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:03 PM
oracle80

Quote:
cool, looking forward to it. I know you will be busy.
Night Curt, I gotta go take some more allergy pills and be miserable. This really sucks.