Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-21-2006, 10:52 AM
eurobounce

Default Question about LITF

My crew was eating breakfast this morning and we were talking about Fog. One guy suggested that they try to breed him before the put him down. I really didnt see the point but the guy made a good arguement. If you have a mare that isnt no in foal then you already missed out on this year. Breed her to Fog and then get ready for the 08 season. Now the foal would not have any value but you never know. I mean, I dont like the idea, but I could see it happening. Do you people think they will try to breed him--I think NO.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Hialeah Park

I wish it was that easy. LITF isn't in any shape to breed, and most mares have been bred. The heat cycle of any open ones has to come within the next few weeks for this to even be possible.
I highly doubt this is a possibility.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:58 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downthestretch55
I wish it was that easy. LITF isn't in any shape to breed, and most mares have been bred. The heat cycle of any open ones has to come within the next few weeks for this to even be possible.
I highly doubt this is a possibility.
I forgot to tell them about the heat cycle. I was the only one who didnt think it would be a good idea. I guess they are having a hard time adjusting to the news.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce
I forgot to tell them about the heat cycle. I was the only one who didnt think it would be a good idea. I guess they are having a hard time adjusting to the news.
Lots of people are having a tough time adjusting to this, myself included.
If you had a mare and wanted some of LITF's genetics, you could breed to Lost Soldier (his pappy) and hope for the best.
Here in NY, the breeding season is Feb-June. Most sires are out in the fields or in their stalls watching last season's x-rated videos of looking at the "Playhorse" centerfolds tacked to the stall wall... hoping to keep their edge.
I don't know of any farms that are even standing stallions in August.
I'm guessing the teasers are getting time off as well so they can get ready for the next season of "blue-ball-itis".
Old 08-21-2006, 11:11 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downthestretch55
Lots of people are having a tough time adjusting to this, myself included.
If you had a mare and wanted some of LITF's genetics, you could breed to Lost Soldier (his pappy) and hope for the best.
Here in NY, the breeding season is Feb-June. Most sires are out in the fields or in their stalls watching last season's x-rated videos of looking at the "Playhorse" centerfolds tacked to the stall wall... hoping to keep their edge.
I don't know of any farms that are even standing stallions in August.
I'm guessing the teasers are getting time off as well so they can get ready for the next season of "blue-ball-itis".
You are so correct. My mind has been so occupied recently that I am not thinking straight. I swear, I hate the EPA.