Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I'll admit how wrong i was about St. Liam last year. I figured his form, while solid, wasn't other-worldly, and he'd get beat in the BCC from that miserable post.

I suspect a lot of the Lava Man bashers will be singing the same tune in about 10 weeks from now.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i agree that if HOY was given right now, that lava man would be the frontrunner. six starts, six wins. four gr 1, on two surfaces...
invasor, four starts, three wins, three gr 1.

as to who wins the bcc, who knows? i'll reserve my call for the week of, tyvm!

luckily for all involved in year end voting, only this year counts towards the eclipse for this year. why, even flower alley could still possibly have a shot with his two starts, 1 win one off the board.

as for bernardini, he's still in restricted racing, and not sure he can even get top 3 yo at THIS point. good thing there are still a few months left in the year, anything can happen!

but right now, lava man should be top dog...problem is, there is absolutely an east coast bias. i've been biased myself more than once. i mean, c'mon, giacomo is gonna win the derby?! mmmmm, yeah, he did.