Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
What about them? Did they get a sex change that I didn't know about?
they were in reference to you knocking invasor for being an import. and they're both in the top 100 horses in the 20th century. but apparently going by what you post, they aren't real champs either.
Morris Park

What's kind of hard to digest, is whether we recognize it or not, our most veratile horses are usually intact and so subconciously we have them on a ticking clock. He IS a gelding so hopefully he stays sound and we get to see him do all kinds of different things. But it is, I imagine, good to pick a line of thought (with small variations, which they have done) and aim. This year it's the classic. Maybe next year they will concentrate on turf. Stay healthy, Big Boy!
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st_Saturday_in_May
Not ready to annoint him until he wins outside of Cali. Sorry...
I the real world you are right. If he's good to go in the Breeders Cup he has to finish in front of Bernadeni and Invasor to be considered HOY.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
and there isn't enough increasing out there...smarty was syndicated for 35 million (for example) what race purse could ever compete with that? none, anywhere. spectacular bid ran and won every race at four, actually a losing proposition for his owners, as the purse money won didn't come close to paying for his insurance premiums for that year.

i can't believe you're saying lava man isn't a real champ. that's crazy. he beat grade one winners today.
I didn't say he isn't a champ. He's just really low on the list of champions. Also I have questions about Doug O'Neill that I will not ask. I'll just let the BC Classic answer them.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:31 PM
The Curragh

Lava Man wont even run in the Breeders Cup, I remember last year when they said that JCGC was their Breeders Cup. This horse cant even beat losers in Japan
Old 08-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Lava Man will not run in the money in the BC Classic. Guaranteed. You can save this for later if you like.
And you will take book on this? What odds will you give?
Old 08-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Zieg thats not fair. He was this good last year and came East and was just horrendous. Now look, that effort last year in the JCGC makes it absolutely fair to say ho hum until he comes east and does something different, don't you agree? Or did you forget that he came east last fall and looked like a very bad horse?
ok, oracle. we're supposed to forgive a bad run by say, st liam when he ships west, but one bad run by a horse going east, well that's never a forgivable sin? is that right? and wasn't that last year? flower alley was a lot of peoples call for hoy this year because of his efforts last year...isn't that enough to say that what happened one year doesn't necessarily translate the next??
Old 08-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
they were in reference to you knocking invasor for being an import. and they're both in the top 100 horses in the 20th century. but apparently going by what you post, they aren't real champs either.
I'm not going to delve into semantics with you just to prove a point. Feel free to talk as much smack as you want when Lava Man runs in the Classic.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:34 PM
oracle80

Quote:
ok, oracle. we're supposed to forgive a bad run by say, st liam when he ships west, but one bad run by a horse going east, well that's never a forgivable sin? is that right? and wasn't that last year? flower alley was a lot of peoples call for hoy this year because of his efforts last year...isn't that enough to say that what happened one year doesn't necessarily translate the next??
Zieg forgive? he got beat like 40 lengths last year after this very same race when he came East. He was just awful. Sorry, but beating Good Reward(on dirt no less) really doesnt prove one heck of a lot. Like i said, anyone who wants to make a bet that he wins the East can make it with me, put your money up and lets go.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hot4TV
And you will take book on this? What odds will you give?
How about I kill myself if he runs first or second and if he doesn't then you kill yourself?
Old 08-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Dee Tee Stables

to be perfectly honest, at THIS point i'm going with invasor. all i'm saying is don't call lava man a bad horse for what he hasn't done this year. all he has done is win. there's no telling what will happen at churchill. i hope they all get there in one piece and run a fair race. let them sort it out. three pages of arguing here doesn't mean squat compared to reality.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:36 PM
oracle80

Quote:
How about I kill myself if he runs first or second and if he doesn't then you kill yourself?
I like Zieg and I don't wanna see her die, if she took that bet she would definitely die.
Noone here talking smack will actually have the guts to make a real bet about him winning in the East. Its because they know inside that he came East last year and got absolutely demolished, and that the same thing will happen again this year. None of them will make a real bet on this, they know better.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I like Zieg and I don't wanna see her die, if she took that bet she would definitely die.
Noone here talking smack will actually have the guts to make a real bet about him winning in the East. Its because they know inside that he came East last year and got absolutely demolished, and that the same thing will happen again this year. None of them will make a real bet on this, they know better.
er, i think he was replying to 2hot there oracle.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:38 PM
oracle80

Quote:
er, i think he was replying to 2hot there oracle.
OH!! I hope that guy TAKES the bet!! LOL!!!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
I'll be on millionnaires row and if he wins the race I promise i'll jump off the ****ing balcony. It'll make the national news.

It just amazes me how people can get excited over an even money horse winning a race. Unless they hit the exotics a few times I fail to see what was so great about the race.
Oaklawn

Quote:
You really don't want me to take you up on that. I have cancer which gives me the real ablity to pay.
The Curragh

all in all Lava Man is a great horse, beating Magnum and Super Frolic day in and day out. Magnum as we all know came was beaten 150 lenghts by INvasor..lol
Old 08-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hot4TV
You really don't want me to take you up on that. I have cancer which gives me the real ablity to pay.
Oh damn. Lol sorry.
Keeneland

Quote:
But see, there's a problem with that...

Nobody gives two s hits if you kill yourself, so why gamble something that nobody cares about?

Churchill Downs

Lava Man is a lot better than he was last year. He won't ever win a Grade I on the East Coast because he rarely comes East to race and this year he will be facing a superhorse in the BC Classic. He hasn't just beat Good Reward this year who was obviously cranked for this race. He has also crushed both Seek Gold and Perfect Drift. I really didn't expect the horse to win this race because he had all the excuses in the world. A horse can rarely do what he has done this year even if it was all on the West Coast. Also, most horses wouldn't have won that Hollywood Gold Cup race after all the adversity he faced. His scenerio reminds me a little bit of Seabiscuit's. He had excuses last year as to why he didn't run well on the East Coast and he really is a heck of a lot better horse this year. Don't count Lava Man out when he comes East. I don't think he will win, but he may make some noise.