Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
i really wish you naysayers would quit peeing in lava mans wheaties.
I piss on the older division this year. It's absolutely horrible.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
Lava Man is another cheap socal handicap horse, who wont do crap when in a race with real quality horses from back east. People get duped by these high priced California claimers who win Grade 1's. Last true Grade 1 horse from socal had to be Candy Ride, and Mizzen Mast. Even now im beginning to wonder about Rock Hard Ten's quality
Sour grapes
Bold Brooklynite

Lava Man is a throwback to the days when horses were professional athletes ...

... who knew their business ... showed up for all the big races ... and did their jobs.

Anyone who doesn't have the highest respect for this horse ... is someone who doesn't know squat about the meaning of horse racing.
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
Lava Man is a throwback to the days when horses were professional athletes ...

... who knew their business ... showed up for all the big races ... and did their jobs.

Anyone who doesn't have the highest respect for this horse ... is someone who doesn't know squat about the meaning of horse racing.
So the meaning of horse racing is betting chalk?
Churchill Downs

Lava Man wont win the BC Classic as he has not won outside So Cal.
Do you know how hard it is to transport Doug Oneil's chemistry set?
Old 08-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
I piss on the older division this year. It's absolutely horrible.
i've seen FAR worse than the likes of lava man and invasor. but you can be a hater if you want to. i think it's pretty good.

you must be a flower alley fan?
Old 08-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by eajinabi
Lava Man wont win the BC Classic as he has not won outside So Cal.
Do you know how hard it is to transport Doug Oneil's chemistry set?
oh great...here we go again. keep slinging, maybe some mud will stick.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
i've seen FAR worse than the likes of lava man and invasor. but you can be a hater if you want to. i think it's pretty good.

you must be a flower alley fan?
I'm a fan of increasing the purses of the big races to entice the owners to leave some of the real champions in the game a little longer. It's hard to get excited over a claimer and a South American champ dominating the older division.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Sunshine Park

I don't think he can win outside California but he does deserve his due. I've burnt too many tickets trying to beat him race after race. My hat is off to him.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:24 PM
The Curragh

how many races had Doug Oneill won outside of LA?? I think last time was Avanzado
Old 08-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Churchill Downs

PD was second in the Stephen Foster which is a Grade I. Oh yeah, Seek Gold won that race and Lava Man kicked his a s s in the Hollywood Gold Cup. I think it is funny that East Coast horses don't seem to run well and win on the West Coast yet West Coast horses are EXPECTED to run well on the East Coast if they are to be considered REAL top horses. East Coast horses always have people jumping to give them excuses when they can't win to a superior horse on the West Coast. People aren't as forgiving to West Coast horses.

Since Lava Man is so much better than he was last year, I am giving him a shot to do well on the East Coast if he comes over. Maybe not win, but do well. Bernardini is most likely going to crush them all anyway.

There are only three horses that are in the top tier of Grade I classic division races right now. They are Bernardini, Invasor, and Lava Man. I'm not even sure how good Invasor is since he could barely hold off Sun King (although Sun King seems to be improving greatly). Flower Alley would have been included in this, but I think the horse is finished.

Last edited by kentuckyrosesinmay : 08-20-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Dee Tee Stables

so a horse that's run for a tag can never be considered good? can never move up, never improve?

and what about paseana, bayakoa? they aren't as good because they were imports?

i think your logic is flawed.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:26 PM
oracle80

Quote:
i really wish you naysayers would quit peeing in lava mans wheaties. what the hell more does this guy have to do? like it's HIS fault his trainer/owner are west coast people. he hasn't taken a step wrong all year. why hold against him what MAY happen when he comes east! why can't you just give him a bit of a hand for winning all year? against anyone who showed? and he just accomplished in one year what it took best pal to do in three, something that's never been done....but oh, no! we have to hear speculation about what will happen when he comes east. gimme a break.

here's to the BEST horse in the west. i'll hold off judgement on his east coast ability when he actually comes over here in a few months, and shows if he can or not. til then, who knows?! um, no one does.
Zieg thats not fair. He was this good last year and came East and was just horrendous. Now look, that effort last year in the JCGC makes it absolutely fair to say ho hum until he comes east and does something different, don't you agree? Or did you forget that he came east last fall and looked like a very bad horse?
Old 08-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Washington Park

Not ready to annoint him until he wins outside of Cali. Sorry...

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian
Oaklawn

LAVA MAN, lets see that is 4 grade 1 wins and 4 million dollar races. Looks pretty good on paper and in the bank.
Coach Pants

Quote:
so a horse that's run for a tag can never be considered good? can never move up, never improve?

and what about paseana, bayakoa? they aren't as good because they were imports?

i think your logic is flawed.
What about them? Did they get a sex change that I didn't know about?
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyrosesinmay
PD was second in the Stephen Foster which is a Grade I. Oh yeah, Seek Gold won that race and Lava Man kicked his a s s in the Hollywood Gold Cup. I think it is funny that East Coast horses don't seem to run well and win on the West Coast yet West Coast horses are EXPECTED to run well on the East Coast if they are to be considered REAL top horses.

Since Lava Man is so much better than he was last year, I am giving him a shot to do well on the East Coast if he comes over. Maybe not win, but do well. Bernardini is most likely going to crush them all anyway.

There are only three horses that are in the top tier of Grade I classic division races right now. They are Bernardini, Invasor, and Lava Man. I'm not even sure how good Invasor is since he could barely hold off Sun King (although Sun King seems to be improving greatly). Flower Alley would have been included in this, but I think the horse is finished.

KYroses,
If this horse ever wins in the East I will wash your ****** car. Or mow your ****** lawn. he came east last year and got slapped around like a red headed stepchild. I really see no reason why it would be different this year. And once again I say, Good Reward? He beats Good Reward and we are supposed to fall to our knees and praise him?
Old 08-20-2006, 07:28 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hot4TV
LAVA MAN, lets see that is 4 grade 1 wins and 4 million dollar races. Looks pretty good on paper and in the bank.
Did you not see his JCGC race last fall, or did you and you are trying to avoid the subject by posting the obvious(and leaving out the horrendous horses he has been beating)
Old 08-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
I'm a fan of increasing the purses of the big races to entice the owners to leave some of the real champions in the game a little longer. It's hard to get excited over a claimer and a South American champ dominating the older division.

and there isn't enough increasing out there...smarty was syndicated for 35 million (for example) what race purse could ever compete with that? none, anywhere. spectacular bid ran and won every race at four, actually a losing proposition for his owners, as the purse money won didn't come close to paying for his insurance premiums for that year.

i can't believe you're saying lava man isn't a real champ. that's crazy. he beat grade one winners today.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Coach Pants

Lava Man will not run in the money in the BC Classic. Guaranteed. You can save this for later if you like.