Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-21-2006, 10:38 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitas
good heaven's. the Belmont fall meet is a great meet. NYRA's model returns so much to horse racing year round, to all their meets.
Sumitas, like I said. If anyone wants to go all in on the blind on a bet for the rest of the meet that Spa's daily purse average per race beats Del mar just let me know. The show up here has been dazzling, as will be the Belmont fall meet as usual. Knockers of NYRA are usually very ill informed people, or people who have a personal axe to grind.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:48 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Sumitas, like I said. If anyone wants to go all in on the blind on a bet for the rest of the meet that Spa's daily purse average per race beats Del mar just let me know. The show up here has been dazzling, as will be the Belmont fall meet as usual. Knockers of NYRA are usually very ill informed people, or people who have a personal axe to grind.
No one has ever knocked the quality of purses or racing in New York. We complain about the questionable activites by the NYRA. Just imagine how much better it could be if someone else was in control.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:04 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce
No one has ever knocked the quality of purses or racing in New York. We complain about the questionable activites by the NYRA. Just imagine how much better it could be if someone else was in control.
Which activities? None that i know if have ever affected the money paid to bettors, owners, or trainers one iota. So why would we care? Still noone can ever answer that. Please explain to me how anyone was ever affected in a negative manner.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:06 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Which activities? None that i know if have ever affected the money paid to bettors, owners, or trainers one iota. So why would we care? Still noone can ever answer that. Please explain to me how anyone was ever affected in a negative manner.
There is more to it than bettors, owners and trainers. There are things called laws. Read the report put out by Sptizer and then come back to me.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:21 AM
oracle80

Quote:
There is more to it than bettors, owners and trainers. There are things called laws. Read the report put out by Sptizer and then come back to me.
LOL!!! So basically you agree that the owners, trainers, bettors and municipalities (with regards to taxes due to them) have all been 100% satisfied while at the same time NYRA has conducted the best racing and highest purses paid year round. yeah, see, I already knew that. So does everyone else who knows anything about what goes on. Mayeb CD/Magna?friends/ etc can add a few more partners and take a shot. Man will they need more partners. I guess they realized this after they saw that in addition to MGM/NYRA that Steve Wynn and George Steinbrenner were going in. Good ****ing luck outbidding those three entities.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:34 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
LOL!!! So basically you agree that the owners, trainers, bettors and municipalities (with regards to taxes due to them) have all been 100% satisfied while at the same time NYRA has conducted the best racing and highest purses paid year round. yeah, see, I already knew that. So does everyone else who knows anything about what goes on. Mayeb CD/Magna?friends/ etc can add a few more partners and take a shot. Man will they need more partners. I guess they realized this after they saw that in addition to MGM/NYRA that Steve Wynn and George Steinbrenner were going in. Good ****ing luck outbidding those three entities.
Doesnt matter who is satisfied. If everyone was satisfied then the Attorney General would not have investigated them. From what I hear, Steve Wynn isnt going to pump alot of money into the bid. Stronach is worth 5x more than Steinbrenner.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Santa Anita

The NYRA has paid taxes on the land for 50 + years. They are a known entity, may have gone astray somewhat, but are now back on track.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Bold Brooklynite

It doesn't matter how good the people are ...

... the entire concept of a non-profit organization is doomed to be much worse ... and has been ... than a profit-seeking operation answerable to shareholders and the market.

Wealth isn't something which exists ... it must be created ... and it can only be created when there are motives to do so ... such as necessity, self-fulfillment, and greed.

Without the profit motive ... you have Cuba and the Soviet Union.

End of lecture.

For now.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
What does laid back have to do with anything.
oh, one other thing!!! NYRA made a very wise and good decison to deepen its surface before the meet to show the world that Polytrack isn't the answer to safe racing, a good surface is. To this point I can recall only one possible breakdown that was catastrophic and Im not even sure about that.
The surface has been kind and forgiving, and very safe. Which basically shows that all you need to do is throw down a deeper safer surface over a good cushion and you can save 10 mill on polytrack. Gee, what a shock.
Oracle I pretty much agree with all you are saying. My freiend carmines horse Ginforthewin broke down on 8/12 and had to be destroyed.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Santa Anita

i'm sorry for the tragic loss, kenny.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:01 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Doesnt matter who is satisfied. If everyone was satisfied then the Attorney General would not have investigated them. From what I hear, Steve Wynn isnt going to pump alot of money into the bid. Stronach is worth 5x more than Steinbrenner.
LOL!!!!!
What planet do you live on where Stronach is worth 5x as much as Steinbrenner!!!?? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Old 08-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Hialeah Park

Kenny,
I too am sad about your friend's loss.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:05 PM
oracle80

And kenny, that was the horse i was referring to in my original post. I did not know if he was definitely put down but I suspected as much. My sympathies to your friend on his loss, he was a very nice horse.