Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post

But as long as Christian business owners are forced to provide the morning after pill and illegals get their $3.8 billion, all is well in the Land of Lincoln.
Where have you been? The SCOTUS has declared that Christian businesses have more rights than women do.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Christian business owners who outsource all of the manufacturing to a country that mandates abortions by law to limit population. They only "choose life" when it's convenient for them. But why would that hypocrisy surprise anyone?
I thought it might be interesting to return to the origin of this idea, to the man, a writer for Religion News Service, who first "called out" Hobby Lobby on their "hypocrisy," and whose original piece rang the dinner bell for MSNBC, HuffPo, Daily Kos, Mother Jones, et al. I found this:

http://jonathanmerritt.religionnews....y-lobby-china/
Old 07-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk View Post
Where have you been? The SCOTUS has declared that Christian businesses have more rights than women do.
Meanwhile, 2 more dead 18 wounded last night.

But why worry about them, when the poor women of Hobby Lobby must purchase their own morning after pill. Far more serious than just a common gunshot wound.

http://www.suntimes.com/28618416-761...shootings.html

Hey I got an idea, let's put the gangbangers' girlfriends in prison, say for 15 years. Oh yea the guy screaming women's rights already proposed that.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

Hey I got an idea, let's put the gangbangers' girlfriends in prison, say for 15 years. Oh yea the guy screaming women's rights already proposed that.
Unfortunately this is the reasoning that prevents anything from being done. Blame anything and anyone but the culprit (gangbanger) as in the distorted minds of Dick Durbin, Jesse Jackson and even the President the gangbangers are victims not criminals.

Imagine a world where the shooter in a drive-by gets a sentence of 2 years State time for assault with a deadly weapon from a vehicle of which he'd have to do half or one year while his girlfriend who purchased and gave him the gun gets 15 in Fed time of which she'd have to do 80% or 12 years.

One year for shooting a gun at people and 12 times that for purchasing a gun.

This is the world Senator Dick Durbin et al lives in.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Unfortunately this is the reasoning that prevents anything from being done. Blame anything and anyone but the culprit (gangbanger) as in the distorted minds of Dick Durbin, Jesse Jackson and even the President the gangbangers are victims not criminals.

Imagine a world where the shooter in a drive-by gets a sentence of 2 years State time for assault with a deadly weapon from a vehicle of which he'd have to do half or one year while his girlfriend who purchased and gave him the gun gets 15 in Fed time of which she'd have to do 80% or 12 years.

One year for shooting a gun at people and 12 times that for purchasing a gun.

This is the world Senator Dick Durbin et al lives in.

Wow Obama said that? Do you have a link where we can see that quote?
Old 07-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Wow Obama said that? Do you have a link where we can see that quote?
Quote:
"We have to fight for those young men standing on street corners with little hope for the future besides ending up in jail. We have to break the cycle of poverty and violence that’s gripping too many neighborhoods.

How many times in the last year has this city lost a child at the hands of another child? How many times have our hearts stopped in the middle of the night with the sound of a gunshot or a siren? How many teenagers have we seen hanging around on street corners when they should be sitting in a classroom? How many are sitting in prison when they should be working, or at least looking for a job? How many in this generation are we willing to lose to poverty or violence or addiction? How many?" Obama speech at 99th NAACP Convention , Jul 12, 2008

Most people like the idea of a politician who votes for individual rights, but the fact that Obama could do so and still maintain the respect of law enforcement shows his political skills. Obama voted against a proposal to criminalize contact with a gang for any convicts on probation or out on bail. In 2001, Obama opposed making gang activity eligible for the death penalty. “There’s a strong overlap between gang affiliation and young men of color.... I think it’s problematic for them to be singled out as more likely to receive the death penalty for carrying out certain acts than are others who do the same thing.“ In 1999, Obama opposed mandatory adult prosecution for youth who discharge a firearm near a school, declaring, ”There is really no proof or indication that automatic transfers and increased penalties and adult penalties for juvenile offenses have, in fact, proven to be more effective in reducing juvenile crime or cutting back on recidivism.“ Barack Obama: This Improbable Quest, by John K. Wilson

Obama said, “In my book, I mention that I dabbled in drugs or that I was acting tough. I put that in there explicitly because what I wanted to communicate was the degree to which many young men, particularly young African-American men, engage in self-destructive behavior because they don’t have a clear sense of direction. But I also wanted to point out that there is way to pull out of that and refocus, and in my case, it was tying myself to something much larger than myself. In my case, that was trying to promote a fair and just society. That is the reason I work on ex-offender legislation. I say to myself that if I had been growing up in low-income neighborhoods in Chicago, there is no reason to think that I wouldn’t be in jail today, that I could have easily taken that same wrong turn. That is something that I am very mindful of and it is something that motivates me" Obama: From Promise to Power, by David Mendell

Q: On mandatory death sentences for gang members who kill cops you voted no. Would you explain?
OBAMA: [The proposed legislation] was entirely unnecessary and unconstitutional. It suggested that I could kill a police officer but because I’m not a gang member, I would be treated differently. I think both cases should be death penalty eligible. Illinois Senate Debate #3 2004 http://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/I...rack_Obama.htm
Hope that suffices. Obama's belief that if he had grown up poor he would have been in jail speaks volumes to how he views the problem, how weak he feels as an individual and the lack of general moral compass he possesses.

"How many times in the last year has this city lost a child at the hands of another child?"
These aren't gangbangers to the President they are children who need to be coddled rather than punished. And this is why he and his ilk are part of the problem rather than the solution.

Last edited by dellinger63 : 07-12-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Hope that suffices. Obama's belief that if he had grown up poor he would have been in jail speaks volumes to how he views the problem, how weak he feels as an individual and the lack of general moral compass he possesses.

"How many times in the last year has this city lost a child at the hands of another child?"
These aren't gangbangers to the President they are children who need to be coddled rather than punished. And this is why he and his ilk are part of the problem rather than the solution.
Sure does. Do you have a link to the original?
Old 07-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Sure does. Do you have a link to the original?
Source info added to my original post.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Keeneland

The madness continues and now it's the Governor's turn...

Quote:
Quinn and Kelly urged the passage of a bill in the Illinois General Assembly — the Illinois Public Safety Act — that would ban assault weapons; put a limit on high-capacity ammunition; and expand background checks for prospective gun buyers.

“Who has to die and how many have to die until we do something about it?” Kelly said.
http://politics.suntimes.com/article...e/sun-07132014

Using a gangbanger drive-by as an example?

Governor, Ms. Gunn was not shot with an assault weapon, very few are and gangbangers don't do background checks.

The city does not have a gun problem. It has a gang problem. The purposeful cluelessness shown by politicians and community organizers is abetting the offenders.

Until the actual problem is confronted good citizens like Tonya Gunn will continue to be slaughtered.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:37 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
The “Chicago Stand Up” PSA campaign urges Chicagoans to put down the guns and stand up for peace.
Hey idiot(s), Chicagoans aren't the problem. Gang members living in Chicago are; but way to blanket everyone to remain politically correct.

The shooting and killing goes on and ignorance remains bliss.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/2886919...l#.U9V7AfYg_IU

BTW last week some gangbanger punk, being paid by taxpayers, working for an anti-violence group, shot and killed a young girl attending a sleepover.

Nothing short of prison or a casket will ever work.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Belmont Park

Man featured in CNN's "Chicagoland" series - shot.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/03/us...ss_igoogle_cnn