Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-31-2006, 01:21 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Oracle 80:

Can i infer from previous posts on this thread that you own Western Expression and possibly other horses?

If so, best of luck on Friday with Western .....

PSH
I do not own him, Lansdon does. I help with the management of some of his horses. Hes one of the best friends a guy could have.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:21 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Brantley

Funny, i had the opportunity to buy Brantley's half sister who is a yearling by Donreille Court this past month. The mare, Biogio's Rose has a tremendous race record.... The filly is suppose to be a real good looking horse....

Oracle 80, are you going to withdraw the ATM for that short-priced double which should pay about $7...
Old 05-31-2006, 01:23 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I like horse racing and auto racing.

Anything with speed...
Really Cajun? Don't say ANYTHING!!
Old 05-31-2006, 01:24 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Funny, i had the opportunity to buy Brantley's half sister who is a yearling by Donreille Court this past month. The mare, Biogio's Rose has a tremendous race record.... The filly is suppose to be a real good looking horse....

Oracle 80, are you going to withdraw the ATM for that short-priced double which should pay about $7...
No I will not. Short priced dd's aren't my game, and never have been.
Biogio's Rose was a GREAT Mare!!! I recall that she was trained by Bobby Ribaudo for the Nastasi's. Man could she do it all!! Turf, dirt, mud, slop, you name it she did it. One of those real game mares who would run on broken beer bottles if you asked her to. I think she was out of a Barachois mare.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Morris Park

Horses shouldnt even race until they are 3. 2 year old races are whats killing this sport, especially at Saratoga. You get a great card but you have tro suffer through 2 year old maidens in the middle of a pick 3 or pick 6 sequence. Its just awful, they should do away with them all together or at the very least only card these races on schmuck days like Mondays and Wednesdays, not take up half of Saturday cards with them.

The triple crown should be for 4 year olds and the races spaced one month apart. Never should a 3 year old have to come back in 2 weeks time after teh Derby. Shhhheeeesh.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:26 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip away
Horses shouldnt even race until they are 3. 2 year old races are whats killing this sport, especially at Saratoga. You get a great card but you have tro suffer through 2 year old maidens in the middle of a pick 3 or pick 6 sequence. Its just awful, they should do away with them all together or at the very least only card these races on schmuck days like Mondays and Wednesdays, not take up half of Saturday cards with them.

The triple crown should be for 4 year olds and the races spaced one month apart. Never should a 3 year old have to come back in 2 weeks time after teh Derby. Shhhheeeesh.
I can see your point, but since I have a really sharp clocker, I rather LOVE 2yo races since with 1sters all you have to go on is works.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:29 PM
Morris Park

Nice. Just think a horse should devote his entire 2 year old season to light training and putting on wieght. Never should a horse just turning 3 be asked to compete in a triple crown. Man I wish they could change this to 4. Such a difference for a horse turning 4.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:30 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Nice. Just think a horse should devote his entire 2 year old season to light training and putting on wieght. Never should a horse just turning 3 be asked to compete in a triple crown. Man I wish they could change this to 4. Such a difference for a horse turning 4.
Woody Stephens and Charlie Whittingham, the two greatest of their generations were both asked at what age they thought a race horse was at their best. Both didn't hesitate and responded with the same answer, 5.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Flemington

Quote:

The races with unraced 2 year olds are the hanging mole of the industry.No way should they be in the pick 6.If people really cared about the integrity of the sport,they would have these only at the start of the card,or on certain days of the week etc.The problem is that the people who make changes like this(that need to be made)won't do it,because they don't want to give up the inside edge they have.This is not a new issue.It's simply greed.All I ask is they give you one pick 4 a day without unraced 2 year old maidens.I don't see that as an outrageous request.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:45 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I agree 100%. 4 year olds are a lot more mature and stronger to run in those types of races.