Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2020, 03:32 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
It’s weird, I haven’t missed a race because I have RTN and am able to watch whatever I want right on my TV.

It’s just as easy as putting on TVG, but then what would fake bettor Dan whine about then? He needs to whine to the person that told him a guy that resembles a gargoyle would look good with braids in his hair.
FREE 5 DAY TRIAL: "RTNBYK"

Old 06-06-2020, 03:35 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
There are so many ways to watch a race now. Gargoyle just needs to whine about NYRA because Andy couldn’t get him concert tickets years ago.
It would be nice to see u give an unbiased opinion on something. Nyrabets being down has nothing to do with Andy. No Belmont on tvg for everyone, Not just me. Do you really think I’m the only one unhappy about no TVG? Wise up , you’re all wet. It hasn’t affected you because you don’t bet through NYRA bets, I wonder why.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:49 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
It would be nice to see u give an unbiased opinion on something.
The fact you typed this is hilarious.

Look, I’m sorry NYRA isn’t on TVG. You’ve been shown many times you can very easily watch their races and m not sure if you’re just dumb or obtuse but you can VERY easily solve your problem. You don’t want to. You just want to whine.

I have a few ADW’s. I’m sorry NYRAbets was down but I learned a LONG time ago not to have just one ADW for days like this.

It’s funny all you do is whine about NYRA but it’s all you “play.”
Old 06-06-2020, 04:42 PM
Detroit Race Course

Quote:
Meanwhile those of us that aren’t eating paste three meals a day are watching on RTN where we can switch from whatever track feed we want and Fox Day at the Races.

It’s almost like you don’t want to watch your fake bets you post lose.
I don't have a stick or roku - just an old XP computer and RTN comes in no problem.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:49 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
I don't have a stick or roku - just an old XP computer and RTN comes in no problem.
Agreed...their online platform is great. At home I watch on TV. If I’m out I watch on my phone with no issues at all
Old 06-06-2020, 04:52 PM
Detroit Race Course

IT's on everyday on YouTube. Live. Even when not on TV.
I can watch on XP - ANYONE can watch it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wLLQMuVfJM
Old 06-06-2020, 05:59 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
It would be nice to see u give an unbiased opinion on something. Nyrabets being down has nothing to do with Andy. No Belmont on tvg for everyone, Not just me. Do you really think I’m the only one unhappy about no TVG? Wise up , you’re all wet. It hasn’t affected you because you don’t bet through NYRA bets, I wonder why.
Let's go back to square one. Do you understand why NYRA will not let its signal be carried over TVG? I will pause here to see if you can come up with an answer, because if you understood the reason why, you would not be as militant as you are on this issue.

So, here's the answer. NYRA now owns a national video feed with 600+ hours of live coverage and racing host talent [also coverage on their own live web site in HD, Roku and similar internet delivery, FS/1, FS/2, FS Regionals, MSG+] and their own wagering platform with NYRABets. Every dollar wagered results in ~16% helping purses and the NYRA business itself. No middle man taking a cut and starving the horsemen and the industry that puts on the show.

Given this, exactly why would they supply their product over the TVG airwaves when they receive pennies instead of the full takeout rate? As we learned from the New York OTB system killing Roosevelt and maiming Yonkers, unless you invest in the racing product, you are a leech taking a fee for a service that is actually NO LONGER NEEDED by the industry.

TVG, DRFBets, and so many others do not need to exist. The racetracks must own the wagering platforms. This is about survival of the racing business and those who run the show, not about inconvenience in not seeing Belmont over a preferred TV channel.

If your personal loyalty is to TVG's broadcast, great. You can follow their exclusive coverage of Santa Anita (until 1st.com takes hold), Gulfstream (until 1st.com takes hold), Los Alamitos, and so forth. TVG will provide video coverage of second tier tracks once Stronach pulls the plug.

The game has now changed - forever. NYRA has been building this video and wagering infrastructure for years. Unless (nearly) all TVG rake flows directly to NYRA, you will never see their product again as long as they are broadcasting with Fox/MSG.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:26 PM
Havre de Grace

Scott, if they had all the races on fox 1 or 2 it would be fine but it's not. I don't bet with TVG and have no loyalty to them. It is simply on tv. I don't really care for the way they treated the New York tracks. That not showing the last race so they could show post parades or cheap claimers over stakes races was lousy. If it is so clear cut, why did it take so long for nyra to make the chànge ?
Old 06-06-2020, 08:44 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Scott, if they had all the races on fox 1 or 2 it would be fine but it's not. I don't bet with TVG and have no loyalty to them. It is simply on tv. I don't really care for the way they treated the New York tracks. That not showing the last race so they could show post parades or cheap claimers over stakes races was lousy. If it is so clear cut, why did it take so long for nyra to make the chànge ?
Either you’re stupid or obtuse. Neither is a good look and it’s tired.

Numerous people have tried to help you. You’re beyond help. This isn’t about watching the races. You just have to be that guy.

Years ago you would’ve been banned for this nonsense. I long for those days.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:29 AM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Scott, if they had all the races on fox 1 or 2 it would be fine but it's not.
This is the television schedule over the Fox networks through June 14th. If your objection is about June 5th or June 12th between 2:20pm and 4:30pm, remember that Fox paid millions to broadcast the Bundesliga as counter programming to NBC/NBCSN owning the US rights to the EPL. The season should already be over (done around US Memorial Day), but has been extended to June 27th due to COVID-19.

5-Jun, 1:00 - 2:20 pm FS2, 4:30 - 6:30 pm FS2
6-Jun, 2:30 - 3:00 pm FS2, 3:00 - 8:00 pm FS1
7-Jun, 1:00 - 2:00 pm FS2, 2:00 - 6:00 pm FS1, 6:00 - 6:30 pm FS2
11-Jun, 1:00 - 6:00 pm FS2
12-Jun, 1:00 -*2:20*pm FS2, 4:30 - 6:30 pm FS2
13-Jun, 1:00 - 6:30 pm FS1
14-Jun, 2:00 - 2:30 pm FS2, 2:30 - 6:00 pm FS1

For the missing two hours on Fridays in June, [1] use NYRABets for live video .... [2] or the live YouTube link .... [3] or the video link from your platform provider ... [4] or an RTN feed .... [6] or NYRANow over Roku (which I also use) .... [7] or another internet/TV integration device .... [8] or just break out the Dyson for two hours of housework.

Quote:
I don't bet with TVG and have no loyalty to them. It is simply on tv. I don't really care for the way they treated the New York tracks. That not showing the last race so they could show post parades or cheap claimers over stakes races was lousy.
This is precisely why you should applaud NYRA's owning and and producing its is own national signal. TVG has competing priorities and non-NYRA preferred partner tracks which creates their own conflicts with major circuits.

Quote:
If it is so clear cut, why did it take so long for nyra to make the chànge ?
This is where we move into business decisions and I do not see the NYRA books. A reasonable guess would be that with the whole season in front of the NYRA production and with the additional exclusive content available through Churchill on Fox, the direct wagering revenue from TVG was no longer considered substantive ... or at least no longer the deciding element in the business equation.

Last edited by ScottJ : 06-07-2020 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Added Video and Vacuuming Options
Old 06-07-2020, 10:45 AM
Havre de Grace

Thanks for taking the time to explain it all to me, Scott. It’s much better than being called stupid.

p.S. Shark Rotator is only vacuum you will ever need. That Dyson guy reminds me of a villain in a B movie.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:39 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to explain it all to me, Scott. It’s much better than being called stupid.
Such a victim. 3 pages of people explaining to you something that doesn’t need to be explained and you’re upset I called you stupid.

No fake bet thread today?
Old 06-07-2020, 01:47 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Such a victim. 3 pages of people explaining to you something that doesn’t need to be explained and you’re upset I called you stupid.

No fake bet thread today?
Bet the 9 win and place in the first and mispunched the ticket.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:57 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Bet the 9 win and place in the first and mispunched the ticket.
That makes about as much sense as this thread.

Did Danny figure out how to navigate RTN yet or do you need Scott to explain that to you too?
Old 06-07-2020, 02:09 PM
Havre de Grace

Site looked confusing. Will try again. You tube tv might be more doable. The soapbox races on fox 2 are awesome though.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Site looked confusing. Will try again. You tube tv might be more doable. The soapbox races on fox 2 are awesome though.
A cup of coffee looks confusing to you. The site is very user friendly.

Do you have a Roku or Amazon Firestick?
Old 06-07-2020, 02:56 PM
Havre de Grace

No, Comcast. Do have a fancy OLED tv though.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:33 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
No, Comcast. Do have a fancy OLED tv though.
That TV must look great surrounded by stacks of newspapers up to the ceiling and empty Chef Boyardee cans
Old 06-07-2020, 03:48 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
That TV must look great surrounded by stacks of newspapers up to the ceiling and empty Chef Boyardee cans
My beautiful wife makes Sunday Gravy so good you can eat it like a soup. You must have me confused with someone else.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:59 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
My beautiful wife makes Sunday Gravy so good you can eat it like a soup. You must have me confused with someone else.
Nah I think I’ve had you pegged you right for like 10 years now.