Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-31-2020, 09:21 PM
Havre de Grace

Default No NYRA on TVG

Anyone know anything about this ? You can’t go to the track or watch on TVG ? It’s so cool to be able to watch part of the race...then freeze frame a little, then see a little action on the turn, before freezing again till the Gallup out. At least the camera is usually on the winner so the suspense is gone.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:35 PM
Keeneland

LOL
Old 06-01-2020, 03:40 AM
Del Mar

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...V_turf_war_123
Old 06-01-2020, 07:16 AM
Saratoga

Is TVG through Roku considered an APP? I would probably bet not.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:25 AM
Detroit Race Course

RTN - so far superior to anything else out there.

After a couple of months without TVG, I could NEVER go back to watching it again. Just pathetic for the most part.

FOX Sports has excellent coverage. And they give free PPs for the day.

TVG.....meh!
Old 06-01-2020, 08:30 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
RTN - so far superior to anything else out there.

After a couple of months without TVG, I could NEVER go back to watching it again. Just pathetic for the most part.

FOX Sports has excellent coverage. And they give free PPs for the day.

TVG.....meh!
TVG = Free
Old 06-01-2020, 08:32 AM
Keeneland

Yeah I mean a monthly subscription to RTN is $15 for every thoroughbred track and replays that go back to 2008. That’s .50 a day. You also get the FOX Sports coverage and can control what track feed you want to watch. All you need is a fire stick.

Seems like TVG doesn’t want to pay. Sucks for them.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:30 AM
Havre de Grace

Default Fyi Tv Schedule

https://www.nyra.com/belmont/racing/tv-schedule

Blaise Pascal
Old 06-01-2020, 11:20 AM
Havre de Grace

So it looks like on opening day from 2:20 to 4:30 if you're in New England you're not gonna get to see the races. TVG wouldn't submit to the shakedown.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:48 PM
Narragansett Park

There are two fundamental concepts at war here : racetracks owners vs. wagering platform owners. The racetrack owners have to win not only the battle, but also the war.

If an organization has both components, you can tell the parasite OTB and ADW organizations to take a hike. This includes everything from DRF, TVG, and more. As it turns out, Churchill/Twin Spires and NYRA/NYRA Bets are similar business models. Why make your signal available on TVG and encourage any wagering through their platform which does not flow directly to the Churchill/NYRA bottom line? I am applauding both Churchill and NYRA for getting this business model back in order. (Now, if we can get cooperation about post times, stakes races, and similar, we have a new paradigm.)

TVG has histroically been able to leverage a third component in the war, national video distribution, for a very long time. Without that chip in the game, TVG loses. What do they offer that is a differentiator? Nothing.

So, what's next? Stronach and TVG working together for a while - that is until the 1st.com betting platform gains strength and Stronach figures out that a national video platform is needed. That will come, you can be sure.

Hence, TVG will wind up representing those tracks without a wagering platform of note and national distribution. Examples : Tampa Bay, Lone Star, Fairmount, Finger Lakes, Fonner Park.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
There are two fundamental concepts at war here : racetracks owners vs. wagering platform owners. The racetrack owners have to win not only the battle, but also the war.

If an organization has both components, you can tell the parasite OTB and ADW organizations to take a hike. This includes everything from DRF, TVG, and more. As it turns out, Churchill/Twin Spires and NYRA/NYRA Bets are similar business models. Why make your signal available on TVG and encourage any wagering through their platform which does not flow directly to the Churchill/NYRA bottom line? I am applauding both Churchill and NYRA for getting this business model back in order. (Now, if we can get cooperation about post times, stakes races, and similar, we have a new paradigm.)

TVG has histroically been able to leverage a third component in the war, national video distribution, for a very long time. Without that chip in the game, TVG loses. What do they offer that is a differentiator? Nothing.

So, what's next? Stronach and TVG working together for a while - that is until the 1st.com betting platform gains strength and Stronach figures out that a national video platform is needed. That will come, you can be sure.

Hence, TVG will wind up representing those tracks without a wagering platform of note and national distribution. Examples : Tampa Bay, Lone Star, Fairmount, Finger Lakes, Fonner Park.
You better stop making sense.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:09 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
So it looks like on opening day from 2:20 to 4:30 if you're in New England you're not gonna get to see the races. TVG wouldn't submit to the shakedown.
Do you have a firestick or Roku or are you still pretending it’s 1965?
Old 06-01-2020, 01:26 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Do you have a firestick or Roku or are you still pretending it’s 1965?
Fire stick ? Like wooden matches ? No I have a zippo

Roku? Is that the guy who played Kono on Hawaii 5.0. ? Or is it some Pokémon thing ?
Old 06-01-2020, 01:37 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Fire stick ? Like wooden matches ? No I have a zippo

Roku? Is that the guy who played Kono on Hawaii 5.0. ? Or is it some Pokémon thing ?
I know you don’t want to answer because it kind of exposes how silly this thread is....but I’m sure a high roller like you can afford 50 cents a day for a platform much better than TVG.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:59 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

Part of Stronach Group's holdings include signal aglomerator Monarch which manages the content negotiations for many of the 'independent' tracks. They have that relationship with TVG thanks to the remarkable deal they made when they foisted HRTV on them.

Last edited by Kasept : 06-01-2020 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:35 PM
Havre de Grace

I was just informed by the guy who makes the best ribs in Texas actually the best ribs in the world that professionals use hickory and amateurs use Mesquite of course I would be watching Belmont but it's not on TV right now because of the soccer match till 430.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:44 PM
Keeneland

Meanwhile those of us that aren’t eating paste three meals a day are watching on RTN where we can switch from whatever track feed we want and Fox Day at the Races.

It’s almost like you don’t want to watch your fake bets you post lose.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:32 PM
Longchamps

It’s refreshing to watch on the other channel except for that Andy guy. Rest of crew is fantastic and don’t have to listen to Caton Bredar bore us.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:41 PM
Havre de Grace

Nice picture quality but I wish they use the pan shot from track. Maybe show the feet in the paddock .
Old 06-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Meanwhile those of us that aren’t eating paste three meals a day are watching on RTN where we can switch from whatever track feed we want and Fox Day at the Races.

It’s almost like you don’t want to watch your fake bets you post lose.
I bet there aren't 10% of the posters here that have rtn. You were pretty silent last week when I was lighting it up. When was the last winner you posted out here ? Oh yeah , you don't have winners anymore . Keep grinding though , maybe the magic will return. We are all rooting for you.