Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Steve Byk

Default HANSHIN DQ: Anyone see it???

My girl Christine Jenks got taken down at Arlington today in the Hanshin with Fifteen Rounds.. Anyone catch it??

Was it egregious? Or was it another Smart N Pretty?
Old 05-27-2006, 07:39 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
My guirl Christine Jenks got taken down at Arlington today in the Hanshin.. Anyone catch it??

Steve it was not quire as horrendous as Smart N pretty's but he wasn't gonna win the race. personally, I didn't have any money on the race but it really looked like an acting job, even if he gets through hes not gonna win the race.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Steve it was not quire as horrendous as Smart N pretty's but he wasn't gonna win the race. personally, I didn't have any money on the race but it really looked like an acting job, even if he gets through hes not gonna win the race.
Thx Mikey.. I went Fifteen-Gouldings-Nap there and really was pulling for Christine.

The Smart N Pretty Outrage has a BUNCH of traction with several people expressing their sentiment about its' ridiculousness including Dick Powell on Brisnet Handicapping Daily. The more I think about it the more annoying it is/was...
Old 05-27-2006, 07:45 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Thx Mikey.. I went Fifteen-Gouldings-Nap there and really was pulling for Christine.

The Smart N Pretty Outrage has a BUNCH of traction with several people expressing their sentiment about its' ridiculousness including Dick Powell on Brisnet Handicapping Daily. The more I think about it the more annoying it is/was...
That was home cookin baby, the Pimlico stewards should be neutered or gelded. They have the nerve to take down Smart N Pretty and then dont even call an inquiry when hometown hero Dominguez saws off a couple horses in the special. Whos fooling who? Thats what happens when you let minor league umpires work a big league game.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
My girl Christine Jenks got taken down at Arlington today in the Hanshin with Fifteen Rounds.. Anyone catch it??

It wasn't another Smart N Pretty as the horse that got put up in my opinion probably would have won if not bumped and steadied.

However, to me the DQ was questionable. It was the rider who put Gouldings Green in such a tight spot next to 15 rounds that it barely took any movement at all to get the bumping initiated. It was nothing egregious at all and I think unfair for 15R.

I didn't bet on it either but I am a fan of both of those horses, especially 15 Rounds. He is tough and consistent and Janks has done a superb job with him.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:05 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
It wasn't another Smart N Pretty as the horse that got put up in my opinion probably would have won if not bumped and steadied.

However, to me the DQ was questionable. It was the rider who put Gouldings Green in such a tight spot next to 15 rounds that it barely took any movement at all to get the bumping initiated. It was nothing egregious at all and I think unfair for 15R.

I didn't bet on it either but I am a fan of both of those horses, especially 15 Rounds. He is tough and consistent and Janks has done a superb job with him.
Never made up a step after the incident and was actually losing ground at the wire. he offically lost by a length and I dunno that it cost him a length. Again, it wasnt as bad as Smart and pretty, but I highly doubt he was gonna win.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Gulfstream Park

i was there and saw it and the incident in question in my opinion did slow GG down but as far as who initiated it thats in question. the shameful thing is it did happen and we were robbed of seeing probaly alot more exciting finish! im a huge huge fan of 15's and have been since his career began and it hurts to see him taken down like this, especially in a 100k. im still shocked that nobody took him last year the 1 time he was dangled for the 50k tag. i told kris turner(trainer whos a whole nother story for awhole nother time) to take the horse, of course if yours truly had the cash he woulda went to the claim box on this horse with his pants down. its not very often you get a chance to buy a proven stakes winner with his kinda record in your own backyard let alone anywhere, most surprising of all is frank calabrese not dropping on him. people dont think sharp trainers like janks, asmussen etc etc give anything away but occasionally they do give ya the chance you just gotta have the sack to take it. again i love 15, and i only believe the horse has 1 real chink in his armor and thats having to ship and run somewhere else.

in other arlington news from today im very very anxious to watch gita run again! really liked her this morning when going over the pp's in the barn off that little break she got and a sharp work coming into today, made me some money ! seems they got this filly right for stiritz and she was ultra impressive today when 1 of the coupled entry favs took a run at her and james graham asked the question! now not many non chicago people here are probaly familiar with the downstate based bill stiritz but the guys owns and breeds some very nice horses and also has deep pockets to boot LOL! she broke her maiden in sub 110 today which ultra scary for a ILL bred!

1 last note jimmy graham won with all 5 mounts today. was off to a bit of a slow start but expect him to remain hot the rest of the meet and be right up there at the top of the standings with cisco torres and chris emigh
Old 05-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Saratoga

Not sure it was Emigh's fault. Fifteen is supposedly pretty hard to right and he drifted in. If you are able to watch the head it, it was more Lanerie acting then Emigh costing him....While he drifted about 3 paths in on the turn, he was clear. Once straight, GG tried to shoot the pine, Emigh closes it off by moving 1/4 path, but then Lanerie did the patented "horse head jerk to the outside"

really surprised that he got taken down.....