Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Hoisttheflag

Default Gomez wins

He just won the second at Belmont. Oracle, everyone here thinks you are an excellent gambler, you don't need to bash the jockey to justify why you lose a few races. It happens. Lighten up and have some fun.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:48 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoisttheflag
He just won the second at Belmont. Oracle, everyone here thinks you are an excellent gambler, you don't need to bash the jockey to justify why you lose a few races. It happens. Lighten up and have some fun.
hoist ive had my run ins with gomez too..as far as have some fun..well this is my work..so i take it very hard when a guy makes bad rides on the winner..but thats just my 2c
Old 06-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
hoist ive had my run ins with gomez too..as far as have some fun..well this is my work..so i take it very hard when a guy makes bad rides on the winner..but thats just my 2c

I understand it is your work, but it is also how Gomez makes a living. He isn't losing on purpose. The fact is his ride was acceptable in the first race, he just ran out of horse. He just won the 2nd and probably will win the third. He is a streaky rider and gamblers should factor that in when betting on him.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:53 PM

Quote:
I understand it is your work, but it is also how Gomez makes a living. He isn't losing on purpose. The fact is his ride was acceptable in the first race, he just ran out of horse. He just won the 2nd and probably will win the third. He is a streaky rider and gamblers should factor that in when betting on him.
dude he had the winner if he used the horse correctly..
Old 06-01-2006, 12:54 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Hoist you telling me about betting is hysterical. Post a few 5 and 6 figure pik-6's and get back to me.
I watch races, thats what i do, and soem pretty good trainers and owners trust in what i tell them. I know what i see. And this thread makes you look like an imbecile as well. The guy just wired the field on a 1-2 shot. What exactly does that prove?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:57 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
dude he had the winner if he used the horse correctly..

Hooves dont bother, the guy is clueless about racing. I meet folsk like him all the time in the business. They are into breeding and know their stuff about that and think that makes em versed about racing as well. Lans sometimes rolls his eyes at me when we run into folks like that.
Everybody has a niche, and thats how life is. The difference is some people have the intelligence to know what they dont know, which is why you dont see me lecturing him about breeding, I realize its his business and that anything I say will most likely be less informed than what he knows. If only the guy could know grasp the inverse and stop lecturing about things hes obviosuly not well versed on, we could move on.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Hoist you telling me about betting is hysterical. Post a few 5 and 6 figure pik-6's and get back to me.
I watch races, thats what i do, and soem pretty good trainers and owners trust in what i tell them. I know what i see. And this thread makes you look like an imbecile as well. The guy just wired the field on a 1-2 shot. What exactly does that prove?

I don't post a few pik 6's because I know gamblers always lose the money back, and that is why I rarely gamble. Gomez makes a nice living for himself and has done alright by me twice. I know I don't need to call people an "imbecile". I thought you were the one who complained about the people on the other site. Sounds like you have some issues with people or you are just a bad loser. I know I have won more than you today and I haven't even bet. LOL.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Hooves dont bother, the guy is clueless about racing. I meet folsk like him all the time in the business. They are into breeding and know their stuff about that and think that makes em versed about racing as well. Lans sometimes rolls his eyes at me when we run into folks like that.
Everybody has a niche, and thats how life is. The difference is some people have the intelligence to know what they dont know, which is why you dont see me lecturing him about breeding, I realize its his business and that anything I say will most likely be less informed than what he knows. If only the guy could know grasp the inverse and stop lecturing about things hes obviosuly not well versed on, we could move on.

Breeding is not my business. It is a hobby and I make a few dollars as an amateur bloodstock agent. My wife and I own quite a few radio stations. I am not clueless about racing, just gambling.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:02 PM
oracle80

Quote:
I don't post a few pik 6's because I know gamblers always lose the money back, and that is why I rarely gamble. Gomez makes a nice living for himself and has done alright by me twice. I know I don't need to call people an "imbecile". I thought you were the one who complained about the people on the other site. Sounds like you have some issues with people or you are just a bad loser. I know I have won more than you today and I haven't even bet. LOL.
Well I have to admit that engaging in convos with people who think the Travers is run in April at Aqueduct doesnt do much for my blood pressure, especially when they are trying to tell me what i should be doing!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Well I have to admit that engaging in convos with people who think the Travers is run in April at Aqueduct doesnt do much for my blood pressure, especially when they are trying to tell me what i should be doing!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, I think the Travers is run at Aqueduct in April. If you say so. I guess everything you type is perfect. Too bad you think that, maybe you could say you meant to pick a different horse and might actually pick a winner.

I will take you up on your offer at Saratoga. Meet you at Zito's barn one morning so we can laugh at you.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:06 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Sure, I think the Travers is run at Aqueduct in April. If you say so. I guess everything you type is perfect. Too bad you think that, maybe you could say you meant to pick a different horse and might actually pick a winner.

I will take you up on your offer at Saratoga. Meet you at Zito's barn one morning so we can laugh at you.

Thats funny, because Nick is one my great mentors. I talk to his brother daily as well. You laugh at me when his brother is around, and you wont be laughing long!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Thats funny, because Nick is one my great mentors. I talk to his brother daily as well. You laugh at me when his brother is around, and you wont be laughing long!!!!
Great, but I don't need to talk to his brother. Nick works for my wife. He has a few of my wife's 2yr olds. Nick used to have some of my father's horses too but that was when he worked for LJ.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:14 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Great, but I don't need to talk to his brother. Nick works for my wife. He has a few of my wife's 2yr olds. Nick used to have some of my father's horses too but that was when he worked for LJ.

Read your pm that I sent. Only one guy in the world can say anything he wants to me, no matter how bad, that i will stand there and take it. Thats Nick. If you are a friend of his that means no matter what I think of what you say that I have to show you respect. This really sucks!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Randwyck

Talking

I remember there was a time when Bailey was getting all the flack along with a little for JV. AND GOMEZ WAS TREATED AS A GOD!

I'm liking this payback
Old 06-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Read your pm that I sent. Only one guy in the world can say anything he wants to me, no matter how bad, that i will stand there and take it. Thats Nick. If you are a friend of his that means no matter what I think of what you say that I have to show you respect. This really sucks!!!!!!!!
Nick just stole a groom that used to work for a trainer we had a few horses with. Zito is good for the game and takes great care of his workers. His luck is turning but my wife said he took the Met loss pretty hard.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:24 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Nick just stole a groom that used to work for a trainer we had a few horses with. Zito is good for the game and takes great care of his workers. His luck is turning but my wife said he took the Met loss pretty hard.
Umm, I can't share some of his reactions after losses here. But I'm sure it was tame compared to the Travers when Albert the Great got beat on the last jump. You shoulda seen that one!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 01:25 PM

Quote:
sun king..how could you take that loss hard...this is the most hes shown in his life..id be happy with something to work with now..
Old 06-01-2006, 01:27 PM
oracle80

Quote:

And he doesnt just take care of the workers. He takes care of everyone. His family, his friends, and anyone at the track who needs help.
He even helps obnoxious know it all guys when they are in their 20's learn about the business even when they are acting stubborn and at times ungrateful. I wish I had a buck for every time he said he was gonna strangle me. We could wheel the pik-6 with it all/all/all/all/all/all !!!!!!
Hes the greatest. I'd dive in front of a car for him.