Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2006, 12:33 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip away
He will not lose this 2nd race. Poch told us so and he also gave us that winner in the first.
He gets off the streak at 1-2. Hardly bails out the poor victims hes been assinating this past week, but its a start.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:34 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoisttheflag
I'm not fighting. He started with his comments because he lost a race. It happens, but if you are going to bash a guy over and over why complain when he loses. I like Gomez. Think he is a top 5 jock.

I started the commenst because the guy gave a stupid ride. Not because I lost. Lose plenty of races and don't say a word about the jock's ride. You obviously have shown us you don't know much about racing. I mean, you wer the one who questioned Empire Maker's "travers race".
Old 06-01-2006, 12:35 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Hooves, horse is screaming to run out of the gate and he snatches and wastes that energy into the turn. Then he decides hes made a mistake and has her run the 2nd quarter that fast and opens 3. I told my friend we were absolutely dead when he did that, no bs. So basically instead of just clearing to the lead easy, he rates her against her wishes and runs teh first 1/4 in 25, and then changes his mind and runs the 2nd quarter in close to 23. Hooves, you are right, no matter how good they look as long as he is on them you can't single them, no matter what.
i say again...pass....pass the race pass anything he is on..he needs to get some brains..he is unplayable...he finds a way to f up all the time ive learned my lesson//a few back..its a shame..in reality hes a play against...but then when you make a stand..he will get you...ps what kind of sandwitch..i can hear the cat calls at toga now....
Old 06-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
So thats your way of backing down and not being man enough to say you made an error and spoke out of turn?

Fine I made a mistake. Who cares, I didn't lose money betting on the race. The only horse I plan on betting on today is Kiki B and that is because my friend that is a big talkshow host in NY (I actually am great friends with his partner, a guy named Chris Russo, from when he lived in Jacksonville) bred him.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
He was the favorite when I last looked at around 12:30. I guess he went off at 4-1. What is your point? Here is a bet for you, I bet you are dumb enough to keep betting on Gomez. I would bet you but I am not sure you will have the money to pay. What a sore loser.
Eden's Causeway WAS favored slightly over Brantley.

1st 6-Eden's Causeway$8.80 $4.30 $3.40
2nd 8-Brantley-$4.40 $3.30
3rd 5-Croesus--$6.00
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
i say again...pass....pass the race pass anything he is on..he needs to get some brains..he is unplayable...he finds a way to f up all the time ive learned my lesson//a few back..its a shame..in reality hes a play against...but then when you make a stand..he will get you...ps what kind of sandwitch..i can hear the cat calls at toga now....
Hooves you were right, but geez, all the races hes won this spring and last fall, you just can't figure out how anyone can have that kind of talent and go completely MIA. Imagine what his ROI must be this meet? Its gotta be teh worst of any rider there. I mean he now has 10 winners and i know for a fact that one was 1-2, one was 6-5 and that another was 3-2. You were right, I was wrong. He can't be singled no matter what the horse looks like. You get over Bestowed yet?
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
I started the commenst because the guy gave a stupid ride. Not because I lost. Lose plenty of races and don't say a word about the jock's ride. You obviously have shown us you don't know much about racing. I mean, you wer the one who questioned Empire Maker's "travers race".
You are funny, but if you really live in Saratoga, I will be up there this summer and will meet if you want, but I will expect an apology.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:40 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26

3rd 5-Croesus--$6.00
And Cajun my dear you are slightly wrong and speaking like a fool as well.
Name the bet, any amount you would like, any task you would like. Anything you would like. Edens causeway was NOT favored!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:41 PM
oracle80

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbP...&RACE=1&BorP=B
Old 06-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:

3rd 5-Croesus--$6.00

No, Eden's Causeway went off at 3-1 and Brantley 5-2. EC was the favorite when I first looked but I didn't stick around to watch the betting. Just saw him win the race. Who cares though?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:42 PM
oracle80

Default Cajun

As you can clearly see the winner was the third choice in the wagering behind the favored 9 who was slighty favored over the 8. The winner #6 was the third choice.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Name the bet, any amount you would like, any task you would like. Anything you would like. Edens causeway was NOT favored!!!
Mike, I don't need to bet you anything. Obviously, you are upset and I know better than to argue with you when you're upset about something. You're probably right, I was just going by what was posted on the Belmont challenge thread.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:

he is just angry. Gomez just won and he didn't bet on him. Watch Gomez win the next one too.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:43 PM
oracle80

Quote:
You are funny, but if you really live in Saratoga, I will be up there this summer and will meet if you want, but I will expect an apology.
Apology for what? yeah I live here, gimme a shout before you come up, glad to meet you.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:44 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Hooves you were right, but geez, all the races hes won this spring and last fall, you just can't figure out how anyone can have that kind of talent and go completely MIA. Imagine what his ROI must be this meet? Its gotta be teh worst of any rider there. I mean he now has 10 winners and i know for a fact that one was 1-2, one was 6-5 and that another was 3-2. You were right, I was wrong. He can't be singled no matter what the horse looks like. You get over Bestowed yet?
no..id like to choke the little basterd....but turn the page...as long as we learn going forward,,that what matters..he broke the circle of trust with me..so im very leary of playing him...gimme a guy like rudy or morales..f him and his first call ass...
Old 06-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
As you can clearly see the winner was the third choice in the wagering behind the favored 9 who was slighty favored over the 8. The winner #6 was the third choice.
Mike, read my post. I never said he was THE favorite. I said he was favored slightly over Brantley. LOL

This is so childish honestly... I didn't see Gomez's ride, but will definitely take your word for it that he rode like shiat.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:45 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Mike, I don't need to bet you anything. Obviously, you are upset and I know better than to argue with you when you're upset about something. You're probably right, I was just going by what was posted on the Belmont challenge thread.
cajun you know I HATE people who post things that are inaccurate. I strive to post only accurate things and I guess I am foolish enough to expect the same of others. If you are going to butt into a thread to make a point, would it not be a good idea to make sure that before you emphatically state something in Caps to make sure that what you are posting is indeed factual? I don't think thats too much to ask.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:46 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Mike, read my post. I never said he was THE favorite. I said he was favored slightly over Brantley. LOL

This is so childish honestly... I didn't see Gomez's ride, but will definitely take your word for it that he rode like shiat.

Wasnt favore dover Brantley either Cajun. I posted the chart for you to read. Please do so, and get back to me.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Wasnt favore dover Brantley either Cajun. I posted the chart for you to read. Please do so, and get back to me.
I give up... I have officially learned my lesson to not butt in on your threads when you are on a rant. Please accept my apology...
Old 06-01-2006, 12:48 PM
oracle80

Quote:
he is just angry. Gomez just won and he didn't bet on him. Watch Gomez win the next one too.

Well Hoist, I didn't play the 2nd race at all that he just won. You will note in my plays I forecast that I didn't post anything about races 3 or 5, tahst because I found them to be unplayable. WHich also means I didn't like the first pik-4. I made one play, a cold dd that was dead after the first leg. I didn't bet the 2nd race and was actually kinda tickled that the horse I had bet in the DD lost, kind of that perverse feeling that the bad ride in the first race didn't cost me anything if you know what I mean.
Very nice of you however to tell everyone what i bet and why I am mad when you dont have a clue as to what i did. You are about as sharp as a rubber ball.