Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2006, 12:08 PM
oracle80

Default Gomez again, I will need a shrink before hes done

Incredible, he blew another one with one the stupidest rides you will ever see. Profanity was spewing from my mouth when they were at the first turn and my friend who stopped over to watch the race on his lunch hour threw his sandwich against my wall and cleaning it up as we speak.
Brantley breaks sharp out of the gate and appears to want the lead. garrett takes a hard hold and hangs her wide into the turn, tries to get her to rate. Still 3 wide and then he decides that he wants to make a move to the lead, running the 2nd quarter in 23 and change. Makes an incredibly stupid move in that quarter and then opens her up by 3. To noones surprise she tires the last 1/16th.
In my life I have never seen anyone as stupid as this guy, NEVER. Only he would try to overrate a filly(like he does with everyone else) and then change his mind and blitz the 2nd quarter and instead of just making the lead, opens her up by three. He is absolutely in the worst riding slump of his life. These rides are the most unintelligent nightmares I have ever seen. The sooner Johnny V is back the better, I have a list of "betbacks" two pages long that consists of horses Gomez had slaughtered with incredibly stupid rides.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Incredible, he blew another one with one the stupidest rides you will ever see. Profanity was spewing from my mouth when they were at the first turn and my friend who stopped over to watch the race on his lunch hour threw his sandwich against my wall and cleaning it up as we speak.
Brantley breaks sharp out of the gate and appears to want the lead. garrett takes a hard hold and hangs her wide into the turn, tries to get her to rate. Still 3 wide and then he decides that he wants to make a move to the lead, running the 2nd quarter in 23 and change. Makes an incredibly stupid move in that quarter and then opens her up by 3. To noones surprise she tires the last 1/16th.
In my life I have never seen anyone as stupid as this guy, NEVER. Only he would try to overrate a filly(like he does with everyone else) and then change his mind and blitz the 2nd quarter and instead of just making the lead, opens her up by three. He is absolutely in the worst riding slump of his life. These rides are the most unintelligent nightmares I have ever seen. The sooner Johnny V is back the better, I have a list of "betbacks" two pages long that consists of horses Gomez had slaughtered with incredibly stupid rides.
So who won it, Mike?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Hoisttheflag

Looked ok to me. Better horse won.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:11 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoisttheflag
Looked ok to me. Better horse won.
Dude, with all due respect you are the guy who thinks that Tiger is the best sprinter in the country, you should stick to breeding.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Secretariat

that is really tough to believe since he was all over the board this spring with the 3 year olds going back to Steviebrokenhorse. he never missed a board hit with them in 2006
until he got to the derby. i think everything that goes to dubai must get attacked by some type of virus, seriously, he hasn't been the same since wilko.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Dude, with all due respect you are the guy who thinks that Tiger is the best sprinter in the country, you should stick to breeding.
I don't know, I didn't lose any money betting on a guy that you say is terrible. That is like breeding to a sire that throws no winners and wondering why he is so bad. You keep bitching about a guy and you bet on him?

Your pick in the second race is a good one. $460K Montbrook.
oracle80

Default Hooves

Hooves, horse is screaming to run out of the gate and he snatches and wastes that energy into the turn. Then he decides hes made a mistake and has her run the 2nd quarter that fast and opens 3. I told my friend we were absolutely dead when he did that, no bs. So basically instead of just clearing to the lead easy, he rates her against her wishes and runs teh first 1/4 in 25, and then changes his mind and runs the 2nd quarter in close to 23. Hooves, you are right, no matter how good they look as long as he is on them you can't single them, no matter what.
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
So who won it, Mike?
The favorite won. Shocking!!! Edens Causeway.
Morris Park

Then why would you make a strong play with anything he rides? I know I wouldnt tout or bet anything Mike Luzzi rode. Live and learn, bet against him next time.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip away
Then why would you make a strong play with anything he rides? I know I wouldnt tout or bet anything Mike Luzzi rode. Live and learn, bet against him next time.

Exactly. Although you would be nuts to bet against him in the next one although the Montbrook has a shot.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:18 PM
oracle80

Quote:
I don't know, I didn't lose any money betting on a guy that you say is terrible. That is like breeding to a sire that throws no winners and wondering why he is so bad. You keep bitching about a guy and you bet on him?

Your pick in the second race is a good one. $460K Montbrook.
Hoist stick to breeding, hes 1-22 in his last 22 mounts back to Friday. The lone winner being an odds on fave in a stakes race. That was the 4th ride that i have seen that definitely cost a horse a race. The others being Bestowed, Western revenge, and Pletchesr 1ster in the 2nd race Monday. Then there were some others he MIGHT have cost the win.
Were you aware of those stats Hoist?
Hes in a slump like you wouldnt believe and does not resemble the guy who was riding so well this past spring in any way, shape or form.
YOu look at his overall record for the year and just assume hes gotta come out of it eventually, but this is getting ridiculous.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Santa Anita

Dang Oracle, you really hate Gomez don't ya?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:20 PM
oracle80

Quote:
The favorite won. Shocking!!! Edens Causeway.
Hoist when it coems to racing you are definitely the village idiot here. Bet you 1000 dollars right here and now that Edens Causeway was not favored. Put your money where your mouth is or shut up. You game?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Hoist stick to breeding, hes 1-22 in his last 22 mounts back to Friday. The lone winner being an odds on fave in a stakes race. That was the 4th ride that i have seen that definitely cost a horse a race. The others being Bestowed, Western revenge, and Pletchesr 1ster in the 2nd race Monday. Then there were some others he MIGHT have cost the win.
Were you aware of those stats Hoist?
Hes in a slump like you wouldnt believe and does not resemble the guy who was riding so well this past spring in any way, shape or form.
YOu look at his overall record for the year and just assume hes gotta come out of it eventually, but this is getting ridiculous.

I am sure you are an excellent gambler but you can't win them all. I don't know you but the first thing I remember about you is bashing Gomez and then you go betting on him. You know the definition of insanity- Insanity- doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

As for being aware of his stats, I was, because you have been posting them for a week.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:21 PM
oracle80

Quote:
I am sure you are an excellent gambler but you can't win them all. I don't know you but the first thing I remember about you is bashing Gomez and then you go betting on him. You know the definition of insanity- Insanity- doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
You gonna take the bet right now or are you gonna admit that when you are speaking about racing facts(like who was favored in a race) that you spoke out of turn and had no idea what you were talking about?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Santa Anita

Stop fighting you two. You are being silly. You each are entitled to your own opinion.

Gomez is on the fave in the 2nd race lets see how he does.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Hoist when it coems to racing you are definitely the village idiot here. Bet you 1000 dollars right here and now that Edens Causeway was not favored. Put your money where your mouth is or shut up. You game?
He was the favorite when I last looked at around 12:30. I guess he went off at 4-1. What is your point? Here is a bet for you, I bet you are dumb enough to keep betting on Gomez. I would bet you but I am not sure you will have the money to pay. What a sore loser.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Morris Park

He will not lose this 2nd race. Poch told us so and he also gave us that winner in the first.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:31 PM
oracle80

Quote:
He was the favorite when I last looked at around 12:30. I guess he went off at 4-1. What is your point? Here is a bet for you, I bet you are dumb enough to keep betting on Gomez. I would bet you but I am not sure you will have the money to pay. What a sore loser.
So thats your way of backing down and not being man enough to say you made an error and spoke out of turn?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
Stop fighting you two. You are being silly. You each are entitled to your own opinion.

Gomez is on the fave in the 2nd race lets see how he does.

I'm not fighting. He started with his comments because he lost a race. It happens, but if you are going to bash a guy over and over why complain when he loses. I like Gomez. Think he is a top 5 jock.