Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Secretariat

Default scavs - youbet in illinois ?? trouble

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=33789

this is an article that speaks to youbet being in more states than the laws allow, tvg is 100% legal and youbet is in trouble.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:38 PM
Saratoga

Yeah, it should be interesting...It doesn't effect me because I wager through Pinnacle now, as it is
Old 05-31-2006, 12:44 PM
chromer

"Based on what we know of right now, from what we're hearing, those comments sound to both be totally inaccurate, as well as verging on being reckless."

-Spokeman for Youbet quoted in the article.

I'd be shocked to find out a large corporation is operating in violation of a cease and desist order. This is something that 1 Congressman said on the floor of the house. Did you know that Congresspeople cannot be sued for slander in speech made within Congress? It's protected the same way you and I cannot be sued (for slander) for testimony in court.

Youbet has a legal department. Think about it.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Secretariat

you can not get a tvg account to wager online because its illegal in illinois. tvg has a media outlet, a television station, and a legal department, yet they do not allow it.
i went through the preocess of signing up and then at the end of the preocess they say, sorry illinois doesn't allow it.
someone is right and someone is wrong.
i wish i could bet on the phone, it would make life easier.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Saratoga

Block, get a friggin Youbet account, they have phone wagering....I used to go out to Arlington and call in the wagers WHILE I was out there, in the party in the park area....Didn't have to worry about losing a voucher, or getting too hammmered and putting all my money on Shane Laviolette as a joke
Old 05-31-2006, 01:20 PM
chromer

Okay. Retake then.

TVG has a conservative legal department unwilling to tread in a gray area. Youbet's legal department has looked at the same fact scenario and reached a different conclusion.

As a bettor, why would any of this matter to you? If they are taking bets, why not use them?
Old 05-31-2006, 04:50 PM
Louisiana Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Block, get a friggin Youbet account, they have phone wagering....I used to go out to Arlington and call in the wagers WHILE I was out there, in the party in the park area....Didn't have to worry about losing a voucher, or getting too hammmered and putting all my money on Shane Laviolette as a joke
Hahaha one of the funniest things I have ever heard..."getting too hammmered and putting all my money on Shane Laviolette as a joke"
Old 05-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Saratoga

I have done this twice, it is like 20% of the reason I hate him so much
Old 05-31-2006, 07:19 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
I have done this twice, it is like 20% of the reason I hate him so much

Ah ha! Now the truth comes out. What's the other 80% all about?
Old 05-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Saratoga

Because he is just brutal. He is like 6 foot 4 inches. Laviolette would get Secretariat beat, I guarantee it.

Jim, you watch Illinois racing alot, HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A GOOD RIDE BY THIS FOOL? He is my Gomez.....Honest to god, I cross off ANY HORSE that is riding at Arlington, period, I don't even look at him. I MOVE UP a horse that has Laviolette jumping off. THE ULTIMATE ANGLE
Old 05-31-2006, 08:11 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Because he is just brutal. He is like 6 foot 4 inches. Laviolette would get Secretariat beat, I guarantee it.

Jim, you watch Illinois racing alot, HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A GOOD RIDE BY THIS FOOL? He is my Gomez.....Honest to god, I cross off ANY HORSE that is riding at Arlington, period, I don't even look at him. I MOVE UP a horse that has Laviolette jumping off. THE ULTIMATE ANGLE
I'm not quite where you are with your "Shane off angle"... but whenever I see his name listed it doesn't exactly get me flying out of my seat heading to the windows. I would have to say that I don't bet many of his mounts. He's not what I would consider a "live" rider.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:15 PM
Saratoga

The first thing I look at when looking at an Arlington program is I go through EVERY horse see who rode him last time, if Shane did and got booted, auto play for me on every ticket I am playing that race, horse could be 54002/1, playing him. If he is in the race, I treat him as he is scratched.

SO BRUTAL.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:

GREATEST.COMMENT.EVER

Should be retired in the Derby Trail Hall of Fame
Old 05-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk Shippers
GREATEST.COMMENT.EVER

Just go through some of Scav's previous posts. You'll find many hall of fame "so comedy" nominees!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:01 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk Shippers
GREATEST.COMMENT.EVER

Just wait Suffolk, there is plenty more, ESPECIALLY if Laviolette is involved.

There are four people I hate in life.

Steve Bartman, Brant Brown, Shane Laviolette, and Jerry Hairston Jr.