Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2017, 10:38 AM
The Curragh

Default MTH Stewards Urge Large Fines for Gindi, Navarro; LRL, IND refuse entries

not sure whether to shake my head or laugh this one off.....

Quote:
"He told me that I drug and juice my horses. I said he was a fatso," Gindi said. "With that, he threw my iPad across the bar. We both had had a couple of drinks."

Gindi said he'd watched the Monmouth races from the grandstand Aug. 4, then ventured to the sports bar where he saw Navarro and joined him to watch the final race from Gulfstream, where Navarro's brother, Marcial Navarro, sent out Sir Sebastian to a clear victory in the final race of the day. While sitting with Navarro, Gindi said he saw the horseplayer he'd had the previous argument with.

"So what I did was really a show to get back at that guy. I didn't even have a dollar on the horse. I've been in the game as an owner for two years, but I still feel like a horseplayer where you can scream those things. You can have fun like that as a horseplayer," Gindi said. "I was trying to get a rise out of the guy.

"I started screaming juice, juice, juice, and at one point I thought about how it might sound so I added vegetable juice. It wasn't even Jorge's horse though. It was his brother's. But I was trying to chide the guy so I said, 'That's another $20,000 in my pocket.' But I didn't bet it, and since I've owned horses, I don't even really bet that much."
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...-gindi-navarro

-bt-
Old 09-13-2017, 10:32 AM
Steve Byk

DRF Laurel Park not accepting entries from Jorge Navarro
By Jim Dunleavy, Laurel , 2017-09-13 , Race 1 - DRF Live Posted : 12 mins ago

Trainer Jorge Navarro was going to enter several horses in the Grade 3, $250,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash on Saturday at Laurel Park but did not after Maryland Jockey Club officials decided he would not be allowed to race at the track.

Navarro and owner Randal Gindi were fined $5,000 by the Monmouth Park board of stewards on Sunday, closing day of the meet, for "conduct detrimental to racing." The fines are the maximum the stewards can levy. The stewards have referred the matter to the New Jersey Racing Commission recommending that Gindi's fine be increased to $20,000 and Navarro's to $10,000.

Navarro and Gindi were filmed on a cell phone by an unidentified person seated at a bar in the Monmouth Park clubhouse Aug. 4, gloating inappropriately after watching Navarro's brother, Marcial, win a race at Gulfstream Park.

Gindi said in the video, "The Juice Man, that's the juice," and Navarro said, "That's the way we do it." Gindi bragged of lining his pockets with winnings from bookies.

Navarro said he and Gindi were strictly getting even with the person who filmed the video.

"My owner had a previous altercation with the person who filmed the video," Navarro said. "We were just getting back at the guy. Of course I regret what I said. That is not Navarro. But I'm tired of people calling me things. What I said, "Is that a Navarro? Is that a Navarro? Is that a Navarro at 2-1?," people say that to me all the time, right in front of my kids."

Georgeanne Hale, the director of racing at Laurel, confirmed that Navarro's entries would not have been accepted Wednesday.

After being made aware of the situation, Navarro said, "Why should I enter."

Laurel was making its best effort to attract enough entries to hold the De Francis Dash, which had a short field even with Navarro's prospective entrants, El Deal and Chublicious.

Laurel is the second track in two days to bar Navarro. On Tuesday, Indiana Grand stewards told Navarro he would be denied an Indiana racing license if he applied for one, forcing the scratch of Duchess of Duke from Wednesday's $100,000 Merrillville Stakes.

"I'm going through a rough time, but it is what it is," Navarro said.

He holds a valid Maryland racing license and is not suspended. His entries for Saturday were going to be denied by Laurel management, not the stewards or the racing commission.

Navarro has won five straight Monmouth Park training titles and broke his own record for wins at the meet this year. Navarro has 754 career victories from 2,722 starts, and a 27 percent win rate.

Track officials could not immediately be reached for comment.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:55 AM
Oriental Park

I have little sympathy.

Its a private facility, they can deny anyone at any time.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Belmont Park

>>>Gindi said in the video, "The Juice Man, that's the juice," and Navarro said, "That's the way we do it." Gindi bragged of lining his pockets with winnings from bookies.<<<

Delaware Park joins; NJ jacks up the fine to 20K for Gindi,10K for The Juice Man

Surprisingly, no word on whether either of these two will get their licenses pulled

http://www.drf.com/news/navarro-fine...anned-delaware
Old 09-20-2017, 08:16 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
>>>Gindi said in the video, "The Juice Man, that's the juice," and Navarro said, "That's the way we do it." Gindi bragged of lining his pockets with winnings from bookies.<<<

Delaware Park joins; NJ jacks up the fine to 20K for Gindi,10K for The Juice Man

Surprisingly, no word on whether either of these two will get their licenses pulled

http://www.drf.com/news/navarro-fine...anned-delaware
I doubt they mess with the license, just refuse the stalls. The license thing can be sticky with the courts, they dont have to give him stalls, its not a right to be on the track.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:00 PM
Hialeah Park

Talking

I think their fines should be increased and of equal value. To me, the most disturbing part of the whole video is when Navarro proclaims "we phuck them", which prompts the douchenozzle (thanks ateam) owner to repeat something along the lines of it and get one last brag/barb in on the guy filming, one that he had a prior disagreement with earlier.

Whether or not he meant it in jest, or it's his horse or his cousin's brother's mother's horse, it just disturbed me as a horse bettor to see a high % trainer at a few circuits say that with such passion. It held such an overconfident tone to it to the point that I would FALL OVER DEAD if he's never partaken in some sort of meditated illegal activity regarding the racing of horses somewhere along the line.

A sport that is consistently working towards bettering its image should take a good long look at this CLOWN & a few clowns of his nature and once & for all say that enough is truly enough.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-21-2017, 08:50 PM
Ellis Park

I'm no fan of Navarro,and he played a drunken clown in the vid.
But....
It wasn't one of his horses,so the ice might be a little thin up & down.
I'd much rather see a track run him off for a hot test or a dirty barn/trunk of a truck.
10 pt. has it right.......just don't give him stalls,make it hard on him 9 ways til Sunday.
I think Tampa flushed him.........Gulfstream has a chance to do the same.
It would really hurt his Winter biz if he was locked out of FLA.
Where would he go ?
I don't know if many tracks want his brand right about now.

Last edited by taxicab : 09-22-2017 at 12:45 AM.