Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Which of these Entire Televised Broadcasts of old races would you most like to see?
The Entire Televised Broadcasts of Affirmed and Alydar's 1978 Triple Crown Races 16 47.06%
The Entire Televised Broadcasts of Spectacular Bid's 1979 Triple Crown Races 6 17.65%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Seattle Slews and Affirmed's 1978 Marlboro Cup 6 17.65%
The Entire Televised Broadcasts of Riva Ridge's 1972 Triple Crown Races 2 5.88%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Seattle Slew's 1977 Triple Crown Races 5 14.71%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Seattle Slew and Exceller's 1978 Jockey Club Gold Cup 4 11.76%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Affirmed and Spectacular Bid's 1979 Jockey Club Gold Cup 4 11.76%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Spectacular Bid's 1980 Woodward Stakes (Bid's infamous walkover) 3 8.82%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Secretariat and Riva Ridge's 1973 Marlboro Cup 5 14.71%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Forego's 1976 Marlboro Cup 4 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Louisiana Downs

Default Complete TV broadcasts of races: Where can I find them & what do you have?

Hey guys I need some help.

I'm looking to find the entire televised broadcasts of some old horse races. I can always find the gate to wire performances of the old races but I can not find the entire televised broadcasts.

I would love to see the entire televised broadcasts because it really brings you back to that time in which the race took place. About 2 weeks ago I watched the entire televised broadcast of spectacular bids 1979 kentucky derby. It was awesome!!!

I also was wondering if anyone had any old televised broadcast of races. Especially from the 70's. I have some stuff but would love to hear if you guys have anything. Let me know what you've got if you have any complete televised races.

Help and thank you.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Youtube.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Louisiana Downs

I appreciate the tip. But Youtube doesn't really have much in the way of entire televised broadcasts and believe me I've looked.

I've got some stuff and I bet that lots of people on this forum have entire televised broadcasts of old races.

I'd love to know what you guys have if you have any.

What kind of stuff do you guys have? And please help me if you have any suggestions on where to get old broadcasts.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Louisiana Downs

By the way, if you guys are interested in seeing some of the entire televises broadcasts of some races here's what I've found online:

Here is the entire broadcast of the 1980 Preakness stakes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsX4WAnwjXU

Here is the broadcast of Secretariat's 1973 Triple Crown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyk_iAbfEKU

Here is the full broadcast of the 1999 triple crown series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zim1Qr45_4c

The full broadcast of the 1999 pimlico special:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKIuZ...eature=related

Here is the full televised broadcast of the 1997 Belmont Stakes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFzqPbfIo-g

Here is the Broadcast of the 1998 Jockey Club Gold Cup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lthfN...eature=related

These are really awesome to watch!!!

I've got the entire televised broadcasts of the 1984, 1985 and 1990 breeders cups plus the 1985 kentucky derby.

You guys got anything?
Old 04-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Stuck in 1994

I uploaded the 1979 Preakness telecast...

Here's the link to download it.. http://www.mediafire.com/?qnmyjfrmhmz
Old 04-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Cahokia Downs

I used to go to the Kentucky Derby each year and I used to record The Oakes coverage and the derby coverage on my VCR. Probably have from 1986-2000 most Derbies and Oakes television coverage. Usually recorded the Breeders Cup during that time. Back in the day ABC wide world of sports would include major horse races during the 80's. They would devote about one half hour to races like the Fla. Derby, Flamingo Stakes, Arlington Million, Travers, etc.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Louisiana Downs

Hey KirisClown

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I can not thank you enough for posting the 1979 Preakness Stakes online for me to see. It made my whole day.

I had never seen the full broadcast before and I could not believe - and still don't believe - that I have it to watch.

If you have any more broadcasts it would mean a great deal to me if you could post them.

It is so hard to find stuff from the 70's where did you get it???
Old 04-13-2010, 08:52 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

thank you
Old 04-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Louisiana Downs

KirisClown I had no idea you were partymanners!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of the things you do!!!!! I am so humbled to be talking to someone who I appreciate so much!!!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!!!! I was distraught when I heard about what that F*** was doing to you!!! I am a Huge fan!!!

I hope you can respond to my above question. If you have any more broadcasts, especially of the ones I am looking for on my above polls, I would be forever indebted to you!!!

I appreciate your work soooo much!!!!

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO!!!!
For those of you who don't know partymanners, and I really hope you all do, he has posted the most extensive thoroughbred racing library of classic races on the internet. He is an amazing asset to true lovers of the game. His classic races are all over youtube!!! Thank you for all your hard work.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Stuck in 1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartbid09 View Post
KirisClown I had no idea you were partymanners!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of the things you do!!!!! I am so humbled to be talking to someone who I appreciate so much!!!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!!!! I was distraught when I heard about what that F*** was doing to you!!! I am a Huge fan!!!

I hope you can respond to my above question. If you have any more broadcasts, especially of the ones I am looking for on my above polls, I would be forever indebted to you!!!

I appreciate your work soooo much!!!!

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO!!!!

You're very welcome.. I'm happy enjoy the videos I post..

Here's the 1979 Jockey Club Gold Cup telecast.. http://www.mediafire.com/?l3rznznznjd
Old 04-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Louisiana Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirisClown View Post
You're very welcome.. I'm happy enjoy the videos I post..

Here's the 1979 Jockey Club Gold Cup telecast.. http://www.mediafire.com/?l3rznznznjd
I love this!!! Thank you so much!!! I am blown away to see this!!!!!

You wouldn't by any chance have The Entire Televised Broadcast of Seattle Slews and Affirmed's 1978 Marlboro Cup.

I have looked high and low for it to no avail. I always wanted to see it because I would love to know what the broadcast was like. Being that it was the first time two triple crown horses raced against each other I can only imagine it was an incredible one.

Any chance you have it?

and again THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Randwyck

Would either of you happen to have the entire broadcast of the 1991 Kentucky Derby with Strike the Gold?
Old 04-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Louisiana Downs

no luck buddy
I bet it's a good one
Old 04-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
no luck buddy
I bet it's a good one
Thanks anyway. It's pretty cool to go back and watch some of the older derbies you remember from awhile ago.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Washington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
Would either of you happen to have the entire broadcast of the 1991 Kentucky Derby with Strike the Gold?

I have it on a personally recorded VHS. My VHS to DVD burner hit the dust last year though. I haven't viewed it for awhile, but pretty sure it's the complete 90 minutes.

I seem to have the 1994 Derby (Go For Gin) on the same tape. Not sure why though. My guess is that I had gone for Bud and got lazy on my recording technique of the day...

I have just about every Kentucky Derby since Ferdinand.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Louisiana Downs

Sorry Partymanners, but because I watch it all the time on your youtube page I have to ask: do you have the entire televised broadcast of the
1978 Stuyvesant Handicap???

I would love to see Slew's final race in it's entire broadcast

Your a freaking legend brother!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastinvader View Post
I have it on a personally recorded VHS. My VHS to DVD burner hit the dust last year though. I haven't viewed it for awhile, but pretty sure it's the complete 90 minutes.

I seem to have the 1994 Derby (Go For Gin) on the same tape. Not sure why though. My guess is that I had gone for Bud and got lazy on my recording technique of the day...

I have just about every Kentucky Derby since Ferdinand.
Every Kentucky Derby since Ferdinand? That's a great collection you have. I'm hoping to find the broadcast of the '91 Derby on youtube one of these days.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Stuck in 1994

Quote:
Sorry Partymanners, but because I watch it all the time on your youtube page I have to ask: do you have the entire televised broadcast of the
1978 Stuyvesant Handicap???

I would love to see Slew's final race in it's entire broadcast

Your a freaking legend brother!!!
Here is 18 minutes of the 78 Marlboro Cup telecast.. the quality is not great.. http://www.mediafire.com/?ztiuwkyy40d

Here is Seattle Slew's 78 Stuyvesant telecast.. http://www.mediafire.com/?gywmc4tkjiw
Old 04-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Louisiana Downs

KirisClown I can not thank you enough for posting these for me. I am very grateful!!!

I hope you know how much this means to me. As I said THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Getting these videos from you makes them that much sweeter.

THANK YOU a million!!!

You are the man
Old 04-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Stuck in 1994

Quote:
KirisClown I can not thank you enough for posting these for me. I am very grateful!!!

I hope you know how much this means to me. As I said THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Getting these videos from you makes them that much sweeter.

THANK YOU a million!!!

You are the man
You're welcome.