Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Aqueduct

Default Mullins Suspended 7 Days

http://www.bloodhorse.com/article/50296.htm
Old 04-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Arlington Park

Interesting they chose May 3rd, one day after the derby. What a way to send a msg to Jeff.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC
Interesting they chose May 3rd, one day after the derby. What a way to send a msg to Jeff.
How's that different from baseball appeals, for example?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man
How's that different from baseball appeals, for example?
Speculating it certainly looks like a deal was worked out, I could see why on the day of the derby being on national TV, we have the probable favorite's trainer suspended for a syringe violation. Not good PR you think for a sport trying to portray a clean image. Damned if you do, damned if you don't sydrome. Don't even talk to me about Baseball...
Old 04-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Dee Tee Stables

oh...wow! a whole week. hey, that way, if i want revenge does win the derby, mullins won't have to worry about making any interviews after the race-he'll have a week to fit them all in. post derby, pre-preakness. ain't life grand. that'll teach him to break the rules.

and this from the article:

and the board “considering the circumstances" ...

lol what a joke. and we wonder why trainers push the limits. it's sooooo detrimental when they do and get caught.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC
Speculating it certainly looks like a deal was worked out, I could see why on the day of the derby being on national TV, we have the probable favorite's trainer suspended for a syringe violation. Not good PR you think for a sport trying to portray a clean image. Damned if you do, damned if you don't sydrome. Don't even talk to me about Baseball...

hell yeah they made a deal. he agreed not to appeal, they cut the time down from 15 to seven days. that way, neither derby or preakness are affected.

bah! yeah, racing wants to clean itself up. it's pretty obvious, isn't it?
Old 04-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
oh...wow! a whole week. hey, that way, if i want revenge does win the derby, mullins won't have to worry about making any interviews after the race-he'll have a week to fit them all in. post derby, pre-preakness. ain't life grand. that'll teach him to break the rules.

and this from the article:

and the board “considering the circumstances" ...

lol what a joke. and we wonder why trainers push the limits. it's sooooo detrimental when they do and get caught.
Seems to me that they decided it wasn't that big of a deal after all.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Coach Pants

Dannie would you want to suspend 2Hot4TV for giving himself a breath mint on post day? I think not.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
Dannie would you want to suspend 2Hot4TV for giving himself a breath mint on post day? I think not.
if he gave it to himself in the detention barn, where nothing is to be given, then yes. i suppose some think rules are just made to be broken. but then, i thought you should be gone after that disgusting pic the other day, yet here you are.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hot4TV
Seems to me that they decided it wasn't that big of a deal after all.

Stunning huh? They're sooooo much tougher on crook trainers in NY. They catch this guy dead solid perfect, and this is the punishment? What a message. Don't cheat in NY. You might have to give up a couple grand, and go spend some quality time with your kids. Be interesting to see people get back in their box now. They're already on record about this, but now officials in their own state look pathetic. It's getting pretty bad when Louisiana goes tougher on trainers than New York or Cali. This is sick. This guy has no reason to change his ways.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
if he gave it to himself in the detention barn, where nothing is to be given, then yes. i suppose some think rules are just made to be broken. but then, i thought you should be gone after that disgusting pic the other day, yet here you are.
Ok forum mom.

He was punished appropriately for the crime just like I was. Thank fake god we don't have people like you enforcing rules.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Flemington

Let the D.T. backpedaling begin.

http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/play/po...und_iid.163695

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 04-19-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Ok forum mom.

He was punished appropriately for the crime just like I was. Thank fake god we don't have people like you enforcing rules.

What crime did you commit ?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Ok forum mom.

forum mom? whatever. i guess it's poor form for me to say what i thought about your self portrait-but not poor form for you to have posted it. moving on....
Old 04-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
forum mom? whatever. i guess it's poor form for me to say what i thought about your self portrait-but not poor form for you to have posted it. moving on....
It's comedy gold that have no idea what goatse is. You're so out of touch with the internet it's no wonder that your opinion on crime and punishment dates back to the Roman age.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i may be out of touch, but i do know how to put someone on the ignore list. since i thought you wouldn't be back, i hadn't bothered-til now.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Goodwood

What a phucking joke. Once again, outright cheating means nothing in this game according to the authorities.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
i may be out of touch, but i do know how to put someone on the ignore list. since i thought you wouldn't be back, i hadn't bothered-til now.
Maybe Steve should dart you 5 days for questioning his authority like I did? Just because you put money in the stables doesn't mean you should be exempt from the dartgun. Besides your pompous attitude lately is automatic grounds for a benching.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
What a phucking joke. Once again, outright cheating means nothing in this game according to the authorities.

Yeah, the penalty handed to him is a joke and will just give Mullins more reasons to continue to cheat. How this guy hasn't been thrown out of the game is beyond me. Pretty soon guys like Dutrow,Mullins, and Lake will be seen walking in and out of the detention barn with bags of needles throughout the day.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:31 PM
The Curragh

What a f*cking joke. Please...just get rid of the detention barns as they obviously don't mean sh*t.

Think of all the money they can save not pretending to REALLY mean business.

Too bad I'm at Disney this week. Could have met the Mullins family...