Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
no
they want the story to go away-so they 'handled' it in the hopes that it is allowed to die. can't have the trainer of the derby fave coming into the race with this still over his head.
No, we'll just have the trainer of Dunkirk come into the race with a drug positive from racing's second biggest day (Wait a While) still hanging over his head.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
just opened the april 18 bloodhorse, and found this in an article about mullins and gato go win~

"(Mullins) just wasn't thinking and just made a mistake. He thought it was okay. With all the hype and excitement with I Want Revenge, he just didn't realize what he was doing." -Randy Hartley

doesn't sound as tho there will be a trainer switch for hartley/de renzo. they obviously agree with his type of operation, so what does that say about them?

perhaps i should have posted the above quote in the bullsh!t thread, because it reeks of bs to me.

mullins wasn't thinking? he thought it was okay?!?! if anyone knows what the rules are regarding a D barn, it would be JM-he's run out of them before.
If they believe Mullins didn't realize what he was doing, I have a foolproof way of predicting the winner of the Derby if they're interested, for a few hundred bucks. It involves, much like reading tea leaves, an interpretation of whatever I might fight in my cat's litter box at any given moment. Of course sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between your horse winning the Derby and a great big festering pile of cat feces. In the eye of the beholder, really.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky
If they believe Mullins didn't realize what he was doing, I have a foolproof way of predicting the winner of the Derby if they're interested, for a few hundred bucks. It involves, much like reading tea leaves, an interpretation of whatever I might fight in my cat's litter box at any given moment. Of course sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between your horse winning the Derby and a great big festering pile of cat feces. In the eye of the beholder, really.

i don't think they believe it. i think they just don't care. shocking, considering their horse had to scratch because their trainer is a moron. i can't imagine i'd be that forgiving. but then, i wouldn't have hired mullins to begin with. if you decide to have a pet rattlesnake, and he bites you-whose fault is it?? the snake is only doing what rattlesnakes do....
Old 04-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
Are you blaming NYRA or the state RWB?
Both, after all, each hires one of the stewards who made this decision. And I'll bet that NYRA Backstretch Violations panel that Mullins was supposed to meet on Thursday was adjourned in order that the stewards could announce this negotiated settlement (and NYRA wouldn't have to do anything about it). Charlie Hayward all but said that NYRA wanted the state to take lead on this (another way of saying NYRA wanted to pass the hot potato).
Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Hawthorne

"(Mullins) just wasn't thinking and just made a mistake. He thought it was okay. With all the hype and excitement with I Want Revenge, he just didn't realize what he was doing." -Randy Hartley

I can't believe he actually said this.

Yes, i have this horse in a graded stake. Yes he's been training hard for this and my family and I have been excited about this race. After a great deal of discussion he shipped our horse across the country. It was our biggest race day ever. But our trainer just made a mistake. You see he wasn't thinking about my horse at all. He was so excited about someone elses horse that he just didn't realize what he was giving my horse or whether it was okay to give it to him. We were disappointed but we understand.

Are you frigging kidding me. What a complete idiot he comes across as.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Mullins was doing what good cheats do - he was cheating in such a comfortable, open way, that to most observers it wouldn't draw suspicion.

A personal example I can give is when I was a young man working at the airport (pre 9/11), and I would be running late, I would walk around the metal detectors on my way in. I had a uniform, and a badge, and I would just confidently walk past so I didn't have to wait a couple minutes in line.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
Better still.....did they even tell you what testing they did on the syringe?
lol, they looked at the picture on the outside and it says "Air Power" , so they took it at face value

meanwhile Gato Go Win works 4f in 40 seconds when they get home
Old 04-19-2009, 09:17 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fischer
lol, they looked at the picture on the outside and it says "Air Power" , so they took it at face value

meanwhile Gato Go Win works 4f in 40 seconds when they get home
Amazing how the absence of a uniform judicial process took this offense from a 5 alarm fire to a smoldering spent firecracker in 2 weeks time.....I would like to see trainers penalized weight for horses they run during a suspension or probation.

How many clients do you thing Mullins would have if you added 10 lbs to any starter he has for the rest of the year......2nd offense 20lbs. Eventually no owner stays with the guy...it would work but of course you could never do it.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fischer
Mullins was doing what good cheats do - he was cheating in such a comfortable, open way, that to most observers it wouldn't draw suspicion.

A personal example I can give is when I was a young man working at the airport (pre 9/11), and I would be running late, I would walk around the metal detectors on my way in. I had a uniform, and a badge, and I would just confidently walk past so I didn't have to wait a couple minutes in line.
probably figured when he started rubbing cream on the horses snout that whoever was watching would walk away. did it work before the gotham?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
Amazing how the absence of a uniform judicial process took this offense from a 5 alarm fire to a smoldering spent firecracker in 2 weeks time.....I would like to see trainers penalized weight for horses they run during a suspension or probation.

How many clients do you thing Mullins would have if you added 10 lbs to any starter he has for the rest of the year......2nd offense 20lbs. Eventually no owner stays with the guy...it would work but of course you could never do it.
biancone got horses back as soon as he returned. not everyone is in this for the horse-paragallo for instance.