Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which of these Entire Televised Broadcasts of old races would you most like to see?
The Entire Televised Broadcasts of Affirmed and Alydar's 1978 Triple Crown Races 16 47.06%
The Entire Televised Broadcasts of Spectacular Bid's 1979 Triple Crown Races 6 17.65%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Seattle Slews and Affirmed's 1978 Marlboro Cup 6 17.65%
The Entire Televised Broadcasts of Riva Ridge's 1972 Triple Crown Races 2 5.88%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Seattle Slew's 1977 Triple Crown Races 5 14.71%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Seattle Slew and Exceller's 1978 Jockey Club Gold Cup 4 11.76%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Affirmed and Spectacular Bid's 1979 Jockey Club Gold Cup 4 11.76%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Spectacular Bid's 1980 Woodward Stakes (Bid's infamous walkover) 3 8.82%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Secretariat and Riva Ridge's 1973 Marlboro Cup 5 14.71%
The Entire Televised Broadcast of Forego's 1976 Marlboro Cup 4 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Louisiana Downs

Hey KirisClown!!! I know you have helped me out a lot already but I have to ask you, could you please upload the entire televised broadcasts of the 1978 Jockey Club Gold Cup (with Exceller and Seattle Slew and Affirmed) and the 1973 Marlboro Cup (with Riva Ridge and Secretariat). I have been really enjoying the videos you uploaded and if it's not too much truble I would be very happy if I could see these broadcasts.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:46 AM
Louisiana Downs

BTW KirisClown thanks for uploading the 2010 San Juan Capistrano Handicap. Good Stuff
Old 04-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Louisiana Downs

Oh yes and thanks for uploading the Personal Ensign bio from 95. Great stuff!!! Any of you guys who havn't seen it yet should go to PartyManners youtube channel and check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/partyman.../2/7xEvh8Gbfdo

Nice video Kiris
Old 12-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Foal

Does anyone have a copy of the one hour CBS Television broadcast of the first Marlboro Cup in 1973? Apparently, it's a difficult video to find. I hope someone here can help me out with this.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Ak-Sar-Ben

KirisClown aka Partymanners is da bomb
Old 12-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Voted for Riva Ridge - someone had to!
A very under rated horse imo
Old 12-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by senator L View Post
Voted for Riva Ridge - someone had to!
A very under rated horse imo

he even got dissed by hollywood!
Old 12-05-2014, 01:13 AM
Foal

Do you think KirisClown (PartyManners) might have a copy? How would I get a message to him? It looks like he can't receive e-mails or something.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Washington Park

Default Tapes

I've got a whole bunch of VHS tapes my Dad made. When he passed I took them and they are all from the 1980's and 1990's. He has a bunch of Breeder's Cups (full) and other big televised races. He also taped a ton of the old ESPN racing show, the one with Chris Lincoln on it that recapped the past week in racing. They showed a lot of races in full.

They fill up a liquor box and I bet they were never watched more than once, if at all.

Any interest to any of you ? I'm not looking to sell them but if somebody wanted to go through them and if anything is worthwhile put it up on the internet or something, that would be great. I wouldn't need them back and don't want anything for them, just to share for horseplayers. My Dad would have loved that.

Let me know.

Joe
Old 12-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Stuck in 1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnunan4759 View Post
I've got a whole bunch of VHS tapes my Dad made. When he passed I took them and they are all from the 1980's and 1990's. He has a bunch of Breeder's Cups (full) and other big televised races. He also taped a ton of the old ESPN racing show, the one with Chris Lincoln on it that recapped the past week in racing. They showed a lot of races in full.

They fill up a liquor box and I bet they were never watched more than once, if at all.

Any interest to any of you ? I'm not looking to sell them but if somebody wanted to go through them and if anything is worthwhile put it up on the internet or something, that would be great. I wouldn't need them back and don't want anything for them, just to share for horseplayers. My Dad would have loved that.

Let me know.

Joe

If I'm not too late, I'll gladly take them..
Old 12-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Stuck in 1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike111 View Post
Do you think KirisClown (PartyManners) might have a copy? How would I get a message to him? It looks like he can't receive e-mails or something.
I sent you a message..
Old 12-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Washington Park

Yikes, was down in the basement. Excellent. Let me get it all packed up and ready to ship. It may take me to the middle of next week, as I may play a bit tomorrow on the Claiming Crown and I've got the Eagles on Sunday. Send me your zip code so I can get shipping info.

I'm betting there is some neat stuff in there. If so, let me know.

I'll bet you there are races with Snow Chief. I tipped my Dad on that horse when he was 2 and told him, "He runs like a dog with his head down and is relentless" I took him over to Garden State to see him win the Jersey Derby. He loved him.

I just don't have the time or equipment to go through it. So glad you have an interest. Thanks.

Joe
Old 12-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Stuck in 1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnunan4759 View Post
Yikes, was down in the basement. Excellent. Let me get it all packed up and ready to ship. It may take me to the middle of next week, as I may play a bit tomorrow on the Claiming Crown and I've got the Eagles on Sunday. Send me your zip code so I can get shipping info.

I'm betting there is some neat stuff in there. If so, let me know.

I'll bet you there are races with Snow Chief. I tipped my Dad on that horse when he was 2 and told him, "He runs like a dog with his head down and is relentless" I took him over to Garden State to see him win the Jersey Derby. He loved him.

I just don't have the time or equipment to go through it. So glad you have an interest. Thanks.

Joe
I'm certain there will be some spectacular footage on those tapes your father made. Very much looking forward to combing through everything.. I'll let you know what I find. If you want anything made into a DVD let me know.

Check your private messages on here..