Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-12-2019, 08:07 PM
Havre de Grace

Default new video of derby DQ

Puts the onus on WOW , curiously does not show the headon shot though

https://www.yahoo.com/news/maximum-s...043736761.html

PS - watch the replay of gulfstreams race 11 of sunday 5/12/19 DQ of the 3 who won and was taken down and the 7 put up
a similar take down.

Blaise Pascal

Last edited by Benny : 05-12-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:25 PM
Keeneland

Before all of this I actually had some respect for the West’s, who have put a lot of money into the game. I’m sure they could care less what I think, but this is embarrassing at this point.

I’ve always thought highly of Luis Saez as a rider. I’m guessing this is not his doing, but it makes him look foolish as well.

The video doesn’t make lawyers look good either.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Havre de Grace

Just as I said all along. gafflione caused it . He hit Maximum Security from behind after running up his heels trying to get to a hole that wasn’t there. It was a Paco Lopez I’ll make a hole if there isn’t one move. He never should have come down.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:03 PM
Churchill Downs

Well I am glad to know I am not alone in my opinion. Jodi mcDonald on FAN went off on a rant saying the same thing too. WOW ran up his ass.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:22 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard burch View Post
Well I am glad to know I am not alone in my opinion. Jodi mcDonald on FAN went off on a rant saying the same thing too. WOW ran up his ass.
He’s a big horse racing fan? How many races a year do you think he watches? I have the over/under at 3.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:18 AM
Keeneland

I have to admit I’m kind of surprised people actually watch all of the videos of the Derby and come away from watching it thinking MS was fouled. I’m not trying to offend anyone but that’s crazy.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:37 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I have to admit I’m kind of surprised people actually watch all of the videos of the Derby and come away from watching it thinking MS was fouled. I’m not trying to offend anyone but that’s crazy.
Its amazing that people view each of the "latest" Derby videos and takes the most recent as the new, singular truth. It's as if all other previous angles are negated.

All one has to do to verify that WOW did or did not foul MS from behind prior to the latter veering out is to watch another angle(s) at the same point in time (you know, like the stewards are supposed to).

But I guess since no one has yet to sync 2 complementary angles together side-by-side, lazy people will continue to buy into the headlines of "indisputable evidence".