Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2015, 12:07 PM
The Curragh

Default ROI Results 11/28 @ Aqueduct

Joly said on Saturday "Let's make RQ work extra hard to burn off all of that turkey and gravy by having lots of winning wagers" and the Call To Post players heeded his words. Would have been
easier if I didn't have to figure out what Joly was betting. Could it be he was still in a turkey coma
when he structured his wagers? <grin> But I digress. All 4 slots were filled at Aqueduct and 5
winning tickets were cashed. and as a group it was a winning week. Swedejxn gets the 4th slot
by hitting boxed trifecta's in races 5 and 7. The Don contines his ROI hot streak by also catching
the trifecta in race 5 8 times for a buck. Getting second place was our number one point scorer
Plenilune who played Financial Modeling in the 8th and went to the bank for $225. This weeks
winner won big in a no doubt about it effort. RYonker takes the Aqueduct contest via the
exacta route and with a double digit winner on top got over $600 back for his "all in" race 7
wager. Nicely played Ron, congrats on the win. Following are the unofficial results pending
any errors by this turkey. See you all next week wherever the Ruff takes us. WELL DONE
RUFFAROO!

WIN... Ryonker... $507.50... Race 7 $25 exacta 7,9/3,7,9... $607.50

PLACE... Plenilune... $125.00... R8 $50 W #10... $225.00

SHOW... Don Guido... $72.80... Race 5: $8 tri 3/4,6/2,4,6... $172.80

SUPER... Swedejxn... +$9.85... Race 5 $1 tri box 2-3-4-6... $21.60
Race 7 3-5-7-9... $66.25

Joly B -$32.00
Criminal Type -$76.00
Real Quiet -$100.00
Ruffian -$100.00
NJ Stinks -$100.00
Digger -$100.00
Indian Hemp -$100.00
Old 12-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Quiet View Post
Joly said on Saturday "Let's make RQ work extra hard to burn off all of that turkey and gravy by having lots of winning wagers" and the Call To Post players heeded his words. Would have been
easier if I didn't have to figure out what Joly was betting. Could it be he was still in a turkey coma when he structured his wagers? <grin>
RQ, that is a very charitable way to describe my butchering an attempt at a trifecta array. If I ever have a competency hearing, I hope you are the presiding officer. I would have called it a brain fa**. After singling #3 in the win slot, I then proceeded to include the same #3 (rather than #4 which I had intended) in both the second and third slots. To compound the error, I then proceeded to do the same thing in the next array where #3 had been singled in the second slot.

I'm just amazed that you were able to compute the actual cost of such a bizarrely structured ticket. Guess I could have saved both of us a lot of grief if I had just played a grand slam.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:59 PM
The Curragh

I'm just afraid that some day you'll find a way to play a grand slam with 100 winning combinations and you'll short circuit whatever brain I have left!
Old 12-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Quiet View Post
I'm just afraid that some day you'll find a way to play a grand slam with 100 winning combinations and you'll short circuit whatever brain I have left!
Best laugh I've had all week. Thanks.

Don't worry. Barring a dead heat, there can't be more than 27 winning combinations in a grand slam. Even that is extremely difficult to do. But I'll keep trying.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Oriental Park

Thanks to both of you Ka-nuckle-heads for the laughs. And will the real DG please sit down. Congrats to Ryonker for the win and nice going the rest of money makers. RQ, don't let this go to your strain brained head but you are the best!!!