Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-02-2006, 12:05 AM
Cunningham Racing

Default Discreet Cat earns 115 Beyer Speed Figure

..for that public workout in the Jerome....ouch....

He and Bernardini seem to be on a different planet from a talent standpoint...period..

Its a shame if they skip the BC...what a race it would be between he and his stablemate, whom both may be 2 of the best horses we've seen in a while...

Fitting time for Invasor to get sick...not sure if it was a fever or McLaughlin reading Bernardini's PPs on why he isn't running in the JCGC Saturday....Either way, now Bernardini has an even easier prep only having to drill Dylan Thomas before the BC Classic....Frankly, Discreet Cat is the only intriguing horse out there that actually has the god-given ability to beat Bernardini in the Classic IMO, so we as racing fans need to hope that they choose to run Discreet Cat in the BC too...what a showdown it would be....
Old 10-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Jerome Park

I just hope Godolphin pays you....... something.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Churchill Downs

There is only one reason why I would for Discreet Cat to run in Louisville on November 4th, and that is that I could see possibly the greatest race between two potential superhorses of all time live and in person.

I really think that they should put him in the Cigar Mile though as I have already stated like 10 times.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:18 AM
Coach Pants

I literally jumped out of my burka when I saw his beyer.

ALLAH AKBAR!!!

And of course Invasor is not sick! You'd play sick too if you had to face the exceptional horses from the savior of Islam.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:18 AM
Churchill Downs

Man, I just butchered that post with incoherent thoughts and speech...It's getting late and I've still got 1 more paper to go...
Old 10-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
I just hope Godolphin pays you something.
I wish I was...I read your post about Discreet Cat...funny, but you clearly aren't fans of theirs or any of the 'big boys' of racing, which is fine....I'm usually an underdog type of guy, but in this case the two horses that I think are the best horses in the world (and I have thought this for some time now..not just jumping on this bandwagon as of last month - but most know this) are these two colts - both owned by the Sheik..

Its funny that because I predicted this assault on America in May in a story I wrote that it makes everybody believe that I have to be such a supporter of them....I also picked the Yankees to win the World Series and I HATE those mother freakers...

People always have something to say...its natural to knock in this game...A wise old Fair Grounds-based trainer once told me that, "You can't be involved in this game unless you were born with a great ability to knock other people"

...you know, he's proving himself right on that statement everyday I live and work in this industry...and no, I'm no different..I just think the level of negativity is hilarious at times
Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Jerome Park

By the way, Joel, when I mentioned a horse's Beyer figures recently in the course of a discussion you responded in a semi-horrified manner that you couldn't believe someone as supposedly knowledgable as myself would pay any mind to the Beyer figures.....but somehow now that one legitimizes a Godolphin horse they are meaningful to you.

So, Joel, which is it?
Old 10-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Jerome Park

I'm also a little curious as to how you already know his Beyer number.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
I wish I was...I read your post about Discreet Cat...funny, but you clearly aren't fans of theirs or any of the 'big boys' of racing, which is fine....I'm usually an underdog type of guy, but in this case the two horses that I think are the best horses in the world (and I have thought this for some time now..not just jumping on this bandwagon as of last month - but most know this) are these two colts - both owned by the Sheik..

Its funny that because I predicted this assault on America in May in a story I wrote that it makes everybody believe that I have to be such a supporter of them....I also picked the Yankees to win the World Series and I HATE those mother freakers...

People always have something to say...its natural to knock in this game...A wise old Fair Grounds-based trainer once told me that, "You can't be involved in this game unless you were born with a great ability to knock other people"

...you know, he's proving himself right on that statement everyday I live and work in this industry...and no, I'm no different..I just think the level of negativity is hilarious at times
Hey, do you remember our bet...DC vs. Corinthian. Can we pretend that I never said that Corinthian could actually beat DC? Besides, you know the REAL reason why I made that bet....

Oh yeah, and mother freaker is a cute word Joel
Old 10-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Shhh...It's a conspiracy...

Nah, I'm just playing with you BTW. Cajun, and some of the others aren't on the board to joke around with me tonight, and I'm in the mood. You'll have to excuse me tonight

Now, you boys can have ya'lls DC thread back. I'm done for a little while.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:42 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyrosesinmay
Hey, do you remember our bet...DC vs. Corinthian. Can we pretend that I never said that Corinthian could actually beat DC? Besides, you know the REAL reason why I made that bet....

Oh yeah, and mother freaker is a cute word Joel
Yep, and you wouldn't have been in the capacity to hold up on your part of the wager either had they faced off
Old 10-02-2006, 12:48 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing

Yep, and you wouldn't have been in the capacity to hold up on your part of the wager either had they faced off
Nope, not at that time, but I will in four weeks if you were talking about location...

If it was the other kind of capacity, I'm young and will do as I please... I have my whole life ahead of me...

Besides, I need to have a little fun with the year that I have had...
Old 10-02-2006, 05:27 AM
Aqueduct

Quote:
If your still wondering that BTW it is posted on the DRF's web site Just click on the tap Leaderboard then click again at the top "Best Beyer"

RP
Old 10-02-2006, 07:01 AM
Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Pen
If your still wondering that BTW it is posted on the DRF's web site Just click on the tap Leaderboard then click again at the top "Best Beyer"

RP
Pretty sure BTW is practically the one posting them there. (*cough*)

I think he meant that CR had it before it was up there on public display somehow...
Old 10-02-2006, 08:04 AM
Del Mar

Joel,

That was a disgusting display of talent. I hope they decide to run him in the BC Mile. I just think it would be great for racing to see him square off with Gorgeous George.

BTW, I know you have been with these two since the start of their careers.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:14 AM
eurobounce

From what I hear, Goldolphine is going to skip the BC with Discreet Cat. I hear it is about an 85% chance the horse is going to go in the Cigar Mile. They will keep him around until the Dubai World Cup and then we prob won't ever see him again.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:15 AM
Del Mar

Godolphin may have Discreet Cat but us NY'ers have Funny Cide and Dave
Old 10-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyrosesinmay
Nope, not at that time, but I will in four weeks if you were talking about location...

If it was the other kind of capacity, I'm young and will do as I please... I have my whole life ahead of me...

Besides, I need to have a little fun with the year that I have had...
Isn't there an engagement ring on your finger?
Old 10-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Sheepshead Bay

There is another "Cat" out there that could be a threat to either or both at any distance. If he ever returns remember Surf Cat.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Isn't there an engagement ring on your finger?
There's my girl. Yep there's an engagement ring, but that doesn't mean that I can't go out to eat, chat, and have a good time

Besides, I'm not married yet, and won't be for a long while even if I do stay with this guy. I'm not rushing into that...

Last edited by kentuckyrosesinmay : 10-02-2006 at 09:10 AM.