Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
I changed my bet to Union Rags, went 12 for 13 today with one second.

Many OOOOOOOOOOO's and "s to the top contest cheater and the ONLY one who understood the contest rules!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileyoriley View Post
David's extraordinary selections for the Belmonts card on the 9th:

1....4,Ah Dreamed Ah Were

2....4,Ah LLLLLove To Run

3....4,Live 4 Today

4....4,DeFine'

5....5, Debbie's Twin Spires----WHOA!! ----I mean InMyEyes

6....4,Skyring

7....8,JustoniusPhillipius

8....7,UpInTime

9....10,Arletta'sRocket

10...7,HudsonSteele

11...GiveMeTheWholeBottle

12...JoburgStar

13. 6,Post Pattern

Well Ill be darned.

HotLegs....I should say The Debonatah has advised me I'll Have Another has had one too many and many degenerate gamblers really don't care....and Stevie will make one less choice.

Isn't "our sport" a gas?

There is no way I will shame myself and now choose either Confederate Flags ( stinking Johnny Reb) nor Lonihan ( God's gift to Keeneland).

I'm going with the horsey whose trainer is wearing an Indianapolis Colt helmet;OPTIMIZAH!!

YA!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZydCQlnhFY

WINNAH WINNAH CHICKEN DINNAH!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Arlington Park

Clyde is our winner today with a score of $109.10.
Herky is a close 2nd with a score of $1,976,542 obtained mostly through his cheating expertise.

Tigger-93.30
Old Dog-67.90
MMSC-59.40
Herky-35.70
Arletta-32.10
Me-19.10 (which is more than I made with my real bets but I did get a free Belmont Stakes mug at the OTB!!!!)

Congrats Clyde! Ned and Hydra said your prize is in the mail. Perhaps an acceptance speech????
Old 06-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Jerome Park

Congrats Clyde Dahling!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N3b4f_I6oM

hershey-bar.jpg

Last edited by Arletta : 06-09-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Clyde is our winner today with a score of $109.10.
Herky is a close 2nd with a score of $1,976,542 obtained mostly through his cheating expertise.

Tigger-93.30
Old Dog-67.90
MMSC-59.40
Herky-35.70
Arletta-32.10
Me-19.10 (which is more than I made with my real bets but I did get a free Belmont Stakes mug at the OTB!!!!)

Congrats Clyde! Ned and Hydra said your prize is in the mail. Perhaps an acceptance speech????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2WJ...eature=related
Old 06-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Arlington Park

I have for you now a few words from our dear friend Clyde:

Sun, Jun 10, 2012 05:58 AM

My Very own Acceptance Speech.

( I begin.)

One score and elevendy-three years ago,hour fore horsey's brought forth to this great nation the 12th Triple Crown horsey. The country needed something,someone....to pull its attention away from the fears of oil shortages,embargos and skyrocketing gas prices.

In the history of the world, every nation ....great or small....has found it's masses in need of something or someone to draw it's attention from the vagaries of life.Sometimes this someone of something rises to the call, but sometimes not.That one Superstar is not always available at the required time.The Universal Sparklies align of their own free will and bow to no Earthbound commoner's shriek for atonement. And so, retches are left to cling to a grasshopper or perhaps a filthy forest creature for their quasi iconic needs.

I do understand this maybe even more than the ordinary Superstar.

For me, I relish this calling.

I spit in the face of failure on the big stage.

When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Now, the calling most recently came in a dark and dreary world in crisis .A world steeped in the stampede procurement of generators and salt....and yer so forth.There came to be the need for that one Superstar to end the agonizing void of no Triple Crown winner for all these years.YouWon'tHaveAnother heard it.He came, he conquered 2 out of 3....and then he failed.The Universal Sparklies refused to complete their alignment.The cries of horsey fans and non horsey fans alike could be heard echoing streaming from every American Main Street right down to the Himalayan Paths of Big Foot.Grown men sobbed, grown women wept....children stuck little pins in other children hoping to transfer their pain to other wee ones not all that bothered by yet another year of no TC winner.

"Oh God! Is there no one someone or something that can avail him/itself to us in our miserable moment of heroic need?"

The prayer was shared by legion as the Friday news broke out.

This time, the world was in luck.

Yes. For in the humanity of The Made Members of -ALAN'S- Room, a contest had formed meant to answer this calling. But;was this enough? Could the winner possibly win in such a style as to wipe the gloom from the face of this planet?

There was one, and only one----mind you,such Superstar quite capable of this unthinkably formidable task.That one such Superstar who could be among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle him, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind allows him to declare the causes which impel him to the separation of other contest plebeian players.

That Superstar is Clydey One Picks.

And I am Clydey One Picks.

And I have won this TC day contest in such an unprecedented fashion that I have become more of a hero to the low li....I mean common people of this earth than YouWon'tHaveAnother, had he Had Another.

I stand before you a very humble man.

Normally, I do not accept material awards as I am on a higher plane than...pretty much everyone.

However, given the majesty of this event....given the new hope I have brought into the world----I will accept this award as an offer of my grace, my sense of what's right as well as my Beautiful Mind. Thank you, TenMostWanted ,for this wonderful award....which I have yet to receive.Thank you also for running this great affair so as to give me the opportunity to ride your vehicle to greatness and pull humankind from the deep depths of despair.I would like to thank Arletta for her undying compassion for my extraordinary work and ,again, TMW for some moral support.To the other players, failures as they are, you did do the right thing.You tried.

That's not saying very much....is it?

Oh well, you're made members....that's more than enough.

I am not one to orate nor to draw attention to myself in long winded, self serving speech.

With that in noodle,....I must say I would be remiss if I did not reach out and touch the halos of those absolutely wonderful people-----The Belmonts.

Ned, you taught me everything I know about Zodiac Ciphers.

Hydra,where would I be without the motivating fear of your e-mails lethally criticizing any substandard work.

Time to cut this short and simply say:Thank you from your humble Superstar,Clyde.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Flemington

*sniff*

That was beautiful.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Jerome Park

I hope you didn't stay up all night writing that

I know you did though
Old 06-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Fairgrounds

Old 06-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Jerome Park

Old 06-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Santa Anita

Beautificent.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerv View Post

Quote:
I am not one to orate nor to draw attention to myself in long winded, self serving speech.

Congrats on winning, Sir.

` a losah

Thank you Ms. Debodeb for running this fine contest.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Saratoga

Someone needs to explain to me what Greenies latest post in the pad lock even means.

Honestly he is a bitter old lady with a soiled kitty litter expression permanently glued to his face, isn't he?