Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-20-2021, 07:54 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
You said it was a great event....but are now telling me the appropriate response was to not watch or bet.

I guess I’m confused. Either way...thanks for telling me what the appropriate response is.

In Mr. Melon's defense, it was a really big check.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:56 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Before anyone calls me a hypocrite, I did make a small wager on the race and watched. Obviously that doesn’t make it the right thing to do.
I’m a hypocrite. I bet the winner of the first and bet Matera Sky in the first. I’m a bettor, I look for opportunities.

My issue is with the way the event was being covered
Old 02-20-2021, 07:57 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
One of the best movies ever.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:49 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Yeah it was great to see the Saudi royalty taking a much-needed break from bombing school buses full of Yemeni children to celebrate the horse racing prestige their blood money bought them. A real feel-good event. All it was missing was Mike Smith waving the Saudi Arabian flag because someone handed it to him.

I’m with Hoss. I’m obviously hamstrung in certain cases too these days and can’t say everything I want to in official capacities but the complete whitewashing of the atrocities and the ass-kissing of the Saudis by the majority of racing media is high key embarrassing.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:34 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Thank you, Dean Martin
Old 02-21-2021, 04:35 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Yeah it was great to see the Saudi royalty taking a much-needed break from bombing school buses full of Yemeni children to celebrate the horse racing prestige their blood money bought them. A real feel-good event. All it was missing was Mike Smith waving the Saudi Arabian flag because someone handed it to him.

I’m with Hoss. I’m obviously hamstrung in certain cases too these days and can’t say everything I want to in official capacities but the complete whitewashing of the atrocities and the ass-kissing of the Saudis by the majority of racing media is high key embarrassing.
You probably could win an Eclipse if you spoke your mind and embraced the truth. I get it though and It speaks a lot about where we are in society that journalists simply align with their corporate masters to collect a check. I guess if you were older and had less runway ahead of you than behind you things may be different.

Horse racing to me is getting much more difficult to be as involved with nowadays for me personally. The list goes on and on. I find it harder and harder to ignore the people involved from the Horseplayers at the "Parler" @Paceadvantage to the hypocritical owners who are all about loving the horses while placing those same horses with trainers who are known and proven cheats. The Eric Guillot's and those with the same views that simply are smarter than he is and don't out themselves on Social media and those that actually come to his defense on Social Media. The media itself that glorifies trainers who are proven cheats and turns the other cheek to big money regardless of their past atrocities. Some of us will never forget the Saudis involvement in 9-11 but this industry will gladly accept their greenbacks and glorify them.I guess I shouldn't be surprised, **** many of the above will gladly support those that will actually sell these same folks weapons. Anything for a buck.

I am glad that I am not in position to have to sell my soul for a paycheck because it frightens me that I may not be strong enough to NOT make the right decision if I was faced with the same.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:35 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
It was a great event and more of these international events should be advocated.
It was not and won't ever be a great event and it should be thoroughly shunned by anyone with respect for human rights. Pretending to be 'modern' and eager to have the world accept their 'hospitality', they conduct their sportswashing sideshow hoping to seduce the rest of the world into accepting their countless reprehensible policies. Phuck them.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:41 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Moses hit the nail on the head but yeah...let’s ignore basic human right atrocities, the murder of journalists, raping of women, etc...because they threw a bunch of money at some races.

It’s 2021...I’m not going to celebrate a country allowing a woman to ride as some sort of victory when the other 364 days a year women are treated like dirt.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Horse racing to me is getting much more difficult to be as involved with nowadays for me personally. The list goes on and on. I find it harder and harder to ignore the people involved from the Horseplayers at the "Parler" @Paceadvantage to the hypocritical owners who are all about loving the horses while placing those same horses with trainers who are known and proven cheats. The Eric Guillot's and those with the same views that simply are smarter than he is and don't out themselves on Social media and those that actually come to his defense on Social Media. The media itself that glorifies trainers who are proven cheats and turns the other cheek to big money regardless of their past atrocities. Some of us will never forget the Saudis involvement in 9-11 but this industry will gladly accept their greenbacks and glorify them.I guess I shouldn't be surprised, **** many of the above will gladly support those that will actually sell these same folks weapons. Anything for a buck.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:16 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Bingo.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:
You probably could win an Eclipse if you spoke your mind and embraced the truth. I get it though and It speaks a lot about where we are in society that journalists simply align with their corporate masters to collect a check. I guess if you were older and had less runway ahead of you than behind you things may be different.
Are you serious Jim? Have you ever seen the podcast? Every single week I call out the bullshit you’re impotently whining on the internet about to thousands of listeners. Other than Steve, there’s no one else in the entire industry telling it like it is the way we do.

Also not sure if you heard, but my Eclipse is in the mail.

Last edited by ateamstupid : 02-21-2021 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:15 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Are you serious Jim? Have you ever seen the podcast? Every single week I call out the bullshit you’re impotently whining on the internet about to thousands of listeners. Other than Steve, there’s no one else in the entire industry telling it like it is the way we do.

Also not sure if you heard, but my Eclipse is in the mail. [Comment Deleted by JMS]
I couldn't be less interested in you or your podcast. But I will read your article calling out the industry hypocrisy vis a vis the Saudi's. But I win't hold my breath waiting for you to put your "True feelings" in print.

Last edited by jms62 : 02-21-2021 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
I couldn't be less interested in you or your podcast.
I’m glad. Not sure when you turned into such a whiny little bitch, but enjoy your misery.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:26 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
I’m glad. Not sure when you turned into such a whiny little bitch, but enjoy your misery.
I would say having to bow down to my corporate master for a tiny paycheck is misery. But hey you have a podcast.. Get the **** over yourself clown.

Sincerely,

Whiny Bitch.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:33 AM

Feel free to DM me if your lonely, bitter ass has any other thoughts.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:34 AM
Saratoga

Quote:

Feel free to DM me if your lonely, bitter ass has any other thoughts.
Why you are nothing to me. Seems you are the one mad here and embarassing yourself if your corporate masters ever looked.

Have a nice day Joey.. make a mint with that podcast.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Why you are nothing to me. Seems you are the one mad here and embarassing yourself if your corporate masters ever looked.
Why'd you delete the threat, tough guy? Good luck finding your first friend in Vegas. Gotta go see if my Eclipse came yet.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:39 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Why'd you delete the threat, tough guy? Good luck finding your first friend in Vegas. Gotta go see if my Eclipse came yet.
Threat? Saying you can take a poke at me in Vegas? Keep it coming Joey.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:57 PM
Jerome Park

Boy, there seem like a lot better people to take shots at in this industry than Joey.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:14 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Boy, there seem like a lot better people to take shots at in this industry than Joey.
I guess you came in after his comment that got the ball rolling this morning. I took a screenshot if you want to see it.

I'm sure he will apologize after he rereads my original post again especially the point where I said I probably would act the same way.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:21 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I guess you came in after his comment that got the ball rolling this morning. I took a screenshot if you want to see it.

I'm sure he will apologize after he rereads my original post again especially the point where I said I probably would act the same way.
Not taking sides but I read your original comment and it kind of is a shot at him, saying he doesn’t speak his mind.

I’m sure you understand there are things many people in the industry want to say but keeping it real doesn’t exactly pay the bills.

Personally, my issue isn’t what isn’t being said....but the fawning over the bad things and people in racing. That’s gross to me.