GP Swale S (G3): Drain the Clock 86 (Maclean's Music) S. Joseph/E. Zayas
GP Forward Gal S (G3): Zaajel 68 (Street Sense) T. Pletcher/L. Saez
GP Sweetest Chant S (G3): White Frost 84 (Candy Ride-ARG) W. Mott/J. Alvarado
GP Kitten's Joy S (G3): Chess's Dream 72 (Jess's Dream) M. Maker/T. Gaffalione

SA San Pasqual S (G2): Express Train 100 (Union Rags) J. Shirreffs/J. Hernandez
SA Robert B. Lewis S (G3): Medina Spirit 91 (Protonico) B. Baffert/A. Cedillo

HOU Ladies Classic S (G3): Letruska 98 (Super Saver) F. Gutierrez/J. Castanon
HOU TX Turf Mile S: Palazzi 82 (Pioneerof the Nile) M. Casse/D. Carroll
HOU Connally Turf Cup S (G3) Spooky Channel 91 (English Channel) B. Lynch/J. Leparoux
HOU Pulse Power Turf Sprint S: Fast Boat 92 (City Zip) J. Sharp/M. Mena
HOU Stonerside Sprint S: DH-Sky Ride 90 (Candy Ride-ARG) J. Caldwell/L. Goncalves
HOU Stonerside Sprint S: DH-Hollis 90 (Street Sense) J. Ortiz/R. Guttierez
HOU Jersey Lilly Turf S: Morning Molly 86 (Morning Line) T. Proctor/T. Kennedy
HOU My Dandy/TX Stallion S: Carbon Stryker 68 (Crossbow) K. Broberg/E. Valdez-Jiminez
HOU Darby's Daughter/TX Stallion S: Star of the North 60 (The Hunk) F. Bravo/R. Eikleberry

AQU Toboggan S (G3): American Power 97 (Power Broker) R. Atras/K. Carmouche
AQU Jimmy Winkfield S: Hello Hot Rod 72 (Mosler) B. Russell/T. McCarthy

OP Martha Washington S: Will's Secret 81 (Will Take Charge) D. Stewart/J. Court
OP American Beauty S: Frank's Rockette 92 (Into Mischief) W. Mott/F. Geroux

TUP City of Phoenix S: Mongolian Lotus 84 (Graydar) J. Evans/I. Enriquez
TUP Luke Kruytbosch S: Articulator 92 (Quality Road) J. Evans/L. Negron

Last edited by Kasept : 02-01-2021 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:43 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

If Express Train got 100 and Medina Spirit got a 91, I'm very curious to see what Loud Mouth got for the 6th race right between them Saturday at Santa Anita.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 02-01-2021, 02:10 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
If Express Train got 100 and Medina Spirit got a 91, I'm very curious to see what Loud Mouth got for the 6th race right between them Saturday at Santa Anita.
What figure would you have given him for his 6F race between two two-turn route races? That is, once you've used your formula that converts the KG Figs to the Beyer figs.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
What figure would you have given him for his 6F race between two two-turn route races? That is, once you've used your formula that converts the KG Figs to the Beyer figs.
I just asked a question. Your attempts at insults are so old that they do nothing to me now. You're much better than this. Now, perhaps you can just answer the question without the sideshow.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 02-01-2021, 02:51 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I just asked a question. Your attempts at insults are so old that they do nothing to me now. You're much better than this. Now, perhaps you can just answer the question without the sideshow.
It's a fair and simple question. You judge everything after you get whatever information you want to judge. Sorry if you don't like being out-trolled.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
It's a fair and simple question. You judge everything after you get whatever information you want to judge. Sorry if you don't like being out-trolled.
I watch countless others inquire about numbers that Steve doesn't originally post and you just give the number without commentary. I inquire and not only can you not do the same and just give the number without commentary but your commentary has to attempt to be insulting. You've now replied twice to my original question and still have yet to provide the information that I asked about. If you don't want to give it, like you do for anyone else, that's fine. You have that right. But this is still beneath you. You are a knowledgeable, well respected industry insider and I'm just a poster on a message board yet you constantly, for years, feel the need to attempt to make fun of or belittle me. Why is it really that important to you to try to convey to everyone how much you know and understand the game compared to how little I know or understand it? In any case, is there any chance you could, I don't know, just provide an answer to the simple question that was asked?
Old 02-01-2021, 03:19 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I watch countless others inquire about numbers that Steve doesn't originally post and you just give the number without commentary. I inquire and not only can you not do the same and just give the number without commentary but your commentary has to attempt to be insulting. You've now replied twice to my original question and still have yet to provide the information that I asked about. If you don't want to give it, like you do for anyone else, that's fine. You have that right. But this is still beneath you. You are a knowledgeable, well respected industry insider and I'm just a poster on a message board yet you constantly, for years, feel the need to attempt to make fun of or belittle me. Why is it really that important to you to try to convey to everyone how much you know and understand the game compared to how little I know or understand it? In any case, is there any chance you could, I don't know, just provide an answer to the simple question that was asked?
I treat you as I expect to be treated, as another person posting on the internet. Most people ask for numbers because they are curious. You ( who I have known on message boards for a long time, and like ) ask so you can troll and comment on them....thus, you get slightly different treatment. Hardly unfair.

Why would you be "very curious" what number a winner got in a race that, while between two races, was actually completely different? You can't really compare them.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I treat you as I expect to be treated, as another person posting on the internet. Most people ask for numbers because they are curious. You ( who I have known on message boards for a long time, and like ) ask so you can troll and comment on them....thus, you get slightly different treatment. Hardly unfair.

Why would you be "very curious" what number a winner got in a race that, while between two races, was actually completely different? You can't really compare them.
You assume the reason I want to know the number. You assume what kind of comment I would make about it. Is it a silly assumption? Perhaps not, based on the long time we've interacted on boards, as you've said. But, it's still an assumption nonetheless. If you're right, and I comment on them and say something that you think is ridiculous, by all means, let me have it. You've never held back before. I really just was curious.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:33 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
You assume the reason I want to know the number. You assume what kind of comment I would make about it. Is it a silly assumption? Perhaps not, based on the long time we've interacted on boards, as you've said. But, it's still an assumption nonetheless. If you're right, and I comment on them and say something that you think is ridiculous, by all means, let me have it. You've never held back before. I really just was curious.
You're just mad because I beat you to the punch. Admit it:-)

Old 02-01-2021, 03:40 PM
Keeneland

I’ll provide hugs for anyone in this thread that needs them

Old 02-01-2021, 03:44 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Is funny because of “ you’re much better than this” comment ( said in Family guy voice )
Old 02-01-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:

Thank you.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:48 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
The irony is that Loud Mouth was the only stakes winner of the 3 heading into Saturday...
Old 02-01-2021, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
The irony is that Loud Mouth was the only stakes winner of the 3 heading into Saturday...
I thought it was a really good race. A head and a nose separated the top three finishers at the wire and they all battled gamely for the last quarter-mile and the figure indicates that it was a pretty decent race.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
I thought it was a really good race. A head and a nose separated the top three finishers at the wire and they all battled gamely for the last quarter-mile and the figure indicates that it was a pretty decent race.
Regardless of the figures, I don't have high hopes for Express Train, Medina Spirit, Parsimony, or Speed Pass going forward.

Loud Mouth is a solid mid-level claimer who can collect some Cal-bred stakes money (or better) on a good day since the line between a top class sprinter and his type is very narrow (at least in CA anyways).
Old 02-01-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Regardless of the figures, I don't have high hopes for Express Train, Medina Spirit, Parsimony, or Speed Pass going forward.

Loud Mouth is a solid mid-level claimer who can collect some Cal-bred stakes money (or better) on a good day since the line between a top class sprinter and his type is very narrow (at least in CA anyways).
Neither do I. If anything, it made me feel even more unsure about the quality of Life is Good.

I don't think there is much of a line anywhere between the stakes horses and lower levels anymore.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:59 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Express Train is going to win a 10-furlong Grade I. He was completely uncomfortable for a full half-mile in that race and still won easily. No question that he has a bunch of untapped potential.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:35 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Express Train is going to win a 10-furlong Grade I. He was completely uncomfortable for a full half-mile in that race and still won easily. No question that he has a bunch of untapped potential.
I don't think he was uncomfortable so much as loaded down the backstretch. That said, the race Saturday was basically a 2nd condition allowance contest.

Express Train was inexplicably tossed on to the turf amidst his fall comeback (could have run in the Native Diver, Clark, Fayette, or another allowance) which fortunately did not derail his dirt form.

There are just 4 Grade 1s on dirt carded at 10 furlongs in this country outside the BC Classic. The good news is that 2 of them are at this same meet, one of which is in less than 5 weeks, so there is a good chance he will only have to beat Tizamagician and Idol again, presuming the real horses await the Dubai World Cup. Last year's Big Cap runner-up Multiplier is prepping in a $50K claimer next week so there's a chance they may need more than half of the starting gate if he shows up, too.

Also, Shirreffs has Express Train's stablemate Midcourt waiting in the wings but perhaps he'll await the Gold Cup since he didn't start Saturday. By then the waters might get deeper if Combatant and Campaign are back in full swing.

Restrainedvengence is also tightening the screws but I'm not sure if he's going to point for the Big Cap or the Curribot Handicap at Sunland Park...