Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2021, 03:34 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
I guess you came in after his comment that got the ball rolling this morning. I took a screenshot if you want to see it.

I'm sure he will apologize after he rereads my original post again especially the point where I said I probably would act the same way.
My comment “got the ball rolling”, huh? It wasn’t you saying I basically have no integrity and that I sold my soul, based on absolutely nothing? I was frankly stunned to see that, considering that we’ve never been anything but friendly to each other up until now and you obviously have no familiarity with my work. What you said was incredibly out of line and completely unwarranted.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:36 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Not taking sides but I read your original comment and it kind of is a shot at him, saying he doesn’t speak his mind.

I’m sure you understand there are things many people in the industry want to say but keeping it real doesn’t exactly pay the bills.

Personally, my issue isn’t what isn’t being said....but the fawning over the bad things and people in racing. That’s gross to me.
I have to agree with everything you said here because you are paraphrasing my post.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:13 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
My comment “got the ball rolling”, huh? It wasn’t you saying I basically have no integrity and that I sold my soul, based on absolutely nothing? I was frankly stunned to see that, considering that we’ve never been anything but friendly to each other up until now and you obviously have no familiarity with my work. What you said was incredibly out of line and completely unwarranted.
Yeah the since deleted comment. If you have written an article calling out the industry for fawning over the Saudis then please post the link but based upon below I don't think that exists. If you don't write it aren't you condoning the behavior and part of the problem?

Quote:
I’m obviously hamstrung in certain cases too these days and can’t say everything I want to in official capacities but the complete whitewashing of the atrocities and the ass-kissing of the Saudis by the majority of racing media is high key embarrassing.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Yeah the since deleted comment. If you have written an article calling out the industry for fawning over the Saudis then please post the link but based upon below I don't think that exists. If you don't write it aren't you condoning the behavior and part of the problem?
Putting aside the fact that my job isn't columnist, your position is that because I haven't written the specific article that you want to see, I'm a hack with no integrity. Got it. You don't need to see or listen to anything else I've done, regardless of how many people I've pissed off in the industry with my incessant drumbeat every week trying to call out cheating and get drug trainers out of the sport.

Let me know what else you'd like me to write so I can please a no-talent whiner who's done literally nothing except cry on message boards about what people whose work you don't even consume should be doing. It's so great that you're above it all; I'm sure you're constantly giving middle fingers to your bosses at whatever boring, depressing job you do.

I'm done with this Jim. You've clearly become a very bitter and sad person and I've already wasted enough time entertaining your misinformed misery. Nice knowing you.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:58 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Putting aside the fact that my job isn't columnist, your position is that because I haven't written the specific article that you want to see, I'm a hack with no integrity. Got it. You don't need to see or listen to anything else I've done, regardless of how many people I've pissed off in the industry, including the owner of my own company, with my incessant drumbeat every week trying to call out cheating and get drug trainers out of the sport.

Let me know what else you'd like me to write so I can please a no-talent whiner who's done literally nothing except cry on message boards about what people whose work you don't even consume should be doing. It's so great that you're above it all; I'm sure you're constantly giving middle fingers to your bosses at whatever boring, depressing job you do.

I'm done with this Jim. You've clearly become a very bitter and sad person and I've already wasted enough time entertaining your misinformed misery. Nice knowing you.
God same old recycled "Bitter, resentful, no talent" yada yada yada. You know zero about me or what my boring job is if I even need to be working in a boring job.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:10 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I have to agree with everything you said here because you are paraphrasing my post.
Well, no. I’m as frustrated as you, but I don’t think Ateam is really the enemy. I don’t think him not writing about certain things means he condones them.

He said how he feels about the “event” yesterday. He makes a living in the industry. He can’t write column after column about all that is bad and expect to have a job. You know that.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:39 PM
Oriental Park

I thought jms was basically agreeing with ateam. After reading it again, I see why ateam might be defensive but that’s not how I initially read it. But I also generally try to assume people aren’t acting maliciously unless I have a reason to think so.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:03 PM
Jerome Park

Joey and I have had our share of disagreements, and I look forward to having a few more, but in my not so humble opinion, I wish there were more people like him responsibly covering the game.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Joey and I have had our share of disagreements, and I look forward to having a few more, but in my not so humble opinion, I wish there were more people like him responsibly covering the game.
Thank you my man. That means a lot coming from you.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:32 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
You probably could win an Eclipse if you spoke your mind and embraced the truth. I get it though and It speaks a lot about where we are in society that journalists simply align with their corporate masters to collect a check. I guess if you were older and had less runway ahead of you than behind you things may be different.

Horse racing to me is getting much more difficult to be as involved with nowadays for me personally. The list goes on and on. I find it harder and harder to ignore the people involved from the Horseplayers at the "Parler" @Paceadvantage to the hypocritical owners who are all about loving the horses while placing those same horses with trainers who are known and proven cheats. The Eric Guillot's and those with the same views that simply are smarter than he is and don't out themselves on Social media and those that actually come to his defense on Social Media. The media itself that glorifies trainers who are proven cheats and turns the other cheek to big money regardless of their past atrocities. Some of us will never forget the Saudis involvement in 9-11 but this industry will gladly accept their greenbacks and glorify them.I guess I shouldn't be surprised, **** many of the above will gladly support those that will actually sell these same folks weapons. Anything for a buck.

I am glad that I am not in position to have to sell my soul for a paycheck because it frightens me that I may not be strong enough to NOT make the right decision if I was faced with the same.
Ain't that the truth.
There's hardly any racing chatter over there at all, aside from the numerous SELECTION threads that offer no analysis, just numbers.
90% of the threads are political, and 99% of the posts in those threads are far right in nature.
It's a mess
Old 02-25-2021, 10:45 AM
Keeneland

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/new...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

Biden administration to release report that Saudi Crown Prince approved the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

But hey, the Saudi Cup was “fun” and ABR got to send a bunch of unqualified people over to take pictures.

Nothing to see here.