Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2021, 02:55 PM
Steve Byk

Default 2/13 (FG): Risen Star, Rachel (G2's), Mineshaft, Fair Grounds (G3's)

Old 02-08-2021, 04:22 PM
Steve Byk

Old 02-09-2021, 07:09 PM
Steve Byk

Lothenbach Stables' homebred stakes winner Charlie's Penny will be scratched out of the Feb. 13 Rachel Alexandra Stakes (G2) at Fair Grounds Race Course due to an injury that will take her out of training for several months, according to trainer Chris Block. The 3-year-old daughter of Race Day is expected to make a full recovery.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:34 AM
Steve Byk

REVISED RISEN STAR ML

1 - Starrininmydreams 12/1
2 - Proxy -- 6/1
3 - Beep Beep -- 20/1
4 - Carillo - 12/1
5 - Senor Buscador - 9/2
6 - Midnight Bourbon - 3/1
7 - O Besos - 12/1
8 - Sermononthemount - 50/1
9 - SCR
10 - Santa Cruiser - 12/1
11 - Mandaloun - 5/2
12 - SCR
13 - Rightandjust 20/1
Old 02-11-2021, 05:10 AM
The Curragh

I hope I can get all of that 9/2 on Senor Buscador.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:06 AM
Randwyck

I'm giving Santa Cruiser another shot after the Lecomte debacle at the start. His price should be better also.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:18 PM
Oriental Park

At first glance, I kind of like this horse Beep Beep to blow up the tote board.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:22 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
REVISED RISEN STAR ML

1 - Starrininmydreams 12/1
2 - Proxy -- 6/1
3 - Beep Beep -- 20/1
4 - Carillo - 12/1
5 - Senor Buscador - 9/2
6 - Midnight Bourbon - 3/1
7 - O Besos - 12/1
8 - Sermononthemount - 50/1
9 - SCR
10 - Santa Cruiser - 12/1
11 - Mandaloun - 5/2
12 - SCR
13 - Rightandjust 20/1
I might be wrong, but it feels completely impossible that Senor Buscador will be the third choice in there.
Old 02-13-2021, 08:41 AM
Steve Byk

Default FAIR GROUNDS: 5th/7th OFF; 9th/11th ON

FG Track Condition
MSG:Main Track - GOOD
Turf - SOFT - Races 5 & 7 OFF, Races 9 & 11 ON.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:07 PM
Randwyck

Buscador is all the rage.
I don't think he has the same kick without lasix.

UNDERLAY
Old 02-13-2021, 04:37 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Andy, I was so shocked to hear you say Amoss should run Defeater in the Louisiana Derby next out. I agree with that 100% but the moment you said it, I heard in my mind a debate we had years ago about trainers being stupid for skipping steps and going right into the deep end. In years past, I would have suggested to to the stakes and you would have told me I was stupid and that the horse should first break his maiden then go to an allowance. Today, you said go to the LA Derby and if you lose, come back in a non-winners race. Proud of you guy.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 02-13-2021, 04:59 PM

Again, wasn't super impressed with Maxfield. It wasn't a bad race and i know he got away bad but that's not the first time. Looked like he was not comfortable going into the first time but he found his stride, settled into his pace, and ran like the best horse in the race. Still wasn't thrilled with his movement down the lane. Looked a little in and out but maybe that's just nitpicking. Still a very good horse.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 02-13-2021, 06:03 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
Andy, I was so shocked to hear you say Amoss should run Defeater in the Louisiana Derby next out. I agree with that 100% but the moment you said it, I heard in my mind a debate we had years ago about trainers being stupid for skipping steps and going right into the deep end. In years past, I would have suggested to to the stakes and you would have told me I was stupid and that the horse should first break his maiden then go to an allowance. Today, you said go to the LA Derby and if you lose, come back in a non-winners race. Proud of you guy.
He ran a second plus faster than Big Lake and most of the races had been won on the front end. I never thought he was all that either. This was a very solid come back
Old 02-13-2021, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
He ran a second plus faster than Big Lake and most of the races had been won on the front end. I never thought he was all that either. This was a very solid come back
I thought it was a good effort by Defeater and I definitely agree with taking a shot in the big race next out. It was just an old conversation we had where he said I was being unconventional and that it was always more prudent to take the traditional next steps. He's come around to the current way of thinking and I was glad to hear it.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:31 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
I hope I can get all of that 9/2 on Senor Buscador.
Jesus...
Old 02-13-2021, 06:49 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
Jesus...
Just double down in the future wager. He’s still super talented and he gave up a lot of fitness to the top 3. Needs to show a little bit of speed though. Dropping completely out of the race isn’t going to cut it in Louisville.