Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-11-2008, 02:32 AM
Flemington

Default Remember This Statement By Crist

"...On the downside, none of his most talented opponents did much more than show up and run poorly. Tale of Ekati and Majestic Warrior were in a tough spot for their season debuts but neither showed a thing. J Be K couldn't even make the lead. That trio ran 6-7-8. Take them out of the race and Pyro was 1-5 against five badly overmatched opponents, none of them legitimate Derby contenders."-Steve Crist

I fully expect YANKEE BRAVO to make that statement look very stupid.This is a real racehorse,and when he gets a solid pace to chase,he is going to show you that.If Solis gets hurt before the Derby,then Bravo will have a good chance at taking it all.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:34 AM
Flemington

Yankee Bravo stinks.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:19 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
Yankee Bravo stinks.
I was waiting to play a 40-1 at the Fairgrounds Sunday,and she opened up,and got caught very late by 1 horse.So,ignore me if you want,but if this horse makes it to the Derby,he will be a definite contender.That is a racehorse.That's a timid fossil riding him.Idiot winemaker was looking for a perfect trip coming off the rail at Fairgrounds (chasing a slow pace.) You better hope Solis keeps the mount,because the horse can run,and anybody but Solis has a shot winning the Derby on this horse.Most likely,that's going to be the 1st time the horse gets a real good pace to chase,and he is gunna roll late.You're the drug that the idiot HEE HAW drank before he got the Jake Walk.

Last edited by Kasept : 03-11-2008 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:46 AM
Flemington

I've seen a lot of low blows come my way - but comparing me with some hick on the Hee Haw show and Alex Solis is about as bad as it gets.

Yankee Bravo has run no race that even makes him remotely competitive with Proud Spell, let alone makes him an authentic Derby candidate.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:58 AM
Flemington

Quote:
I've seen a lot of low blows come my way - but comparing me with some hick on the Hee Haw show and Alex Solis is about as bad as it gets.

Yankee Bravo is a bum. He has no good race.
All he has is good races on multiple surfaces,and with bad paces for him to chase(and a jock with no nerve left.)Solis has been making the parasitic wait for the perfect trip move(coming off the rail) since he got hurt at Del Mar.He stinks.If he's in the race,the horse gets top 4 with Solis up,and a chance to win it with anybody else up.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:00 AM
Morris Park

LoL on Solis. So I guess you're passing on the Jinetes "uncorking" ceremony at SA Scuds? I was hoping for a picture by the fountain.....wind in our hair, munching on some cheese. They purchased those grapes themselves I hope you know.

Off topic, Steve Crist? I know him as a HR writer, but recently came across the same name outside this sphere of influence. Is he by any chance the same Steve Crist that served as editor on some of Hunter S. Thompson's works? (Curse of Lono, etc...)
Old 03-11-2008, 04:09 AM
Flemington

Quote:

Yankee Bravo has run no race that even makes him remotely competitive with Proud Spell, let alone makes him an authentic Derby candidate.
Fine,if you're so sure then give me 100-1 on him.Back it up....Easy money for ya.I'll send Byk $40 to hold.He seems to know ya.If he says you're good for the 4k ,then we're on.If he stinks,then don't be chickenshit.Just collect my $40.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:45 AM
Flemington

Chicken.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:48 AM
Flemington

I see your heart is set on giving me your money.

PM me, and maybe we can work something out.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:25 AM
Flemington

Quote:
I see your heart is set on giving me your money.

PM me, and maybe we can work something out.
Well,if you think he stinks,then you'd be happy to take the money.If he can't win,then just pick up my money.After all,you think he stinks.People on here don't like Scuds much.You'd be a hero to take $40 from me.I'm the one taking the chance he will get hurt before the race.You're taking zero chance,because you think he stinks.How can you lose?You just want to cover $27 at 100-1?
Old 03-11-2008, 05:28 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Well,if you think he stinks,then you'd be happy to take the money.If he can't win,then just pick up my money.After all,you think he stinks.People on here don't like Scuds much.You'd be a hero to take $40 from me.I'm the one taking the chance he will get hurt before the race.You're taking zero chance,because you think he stinks.How can you lose?You just want to cover $27 at 100-1?
Not true. I am but one among the legion of Scuds fans.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:33 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
Not true. I am but one among the legion of Scuds fans.
Damn it,Stud.I thought sure you were gun give me 100-1..LOL....
Old 03-11-2008, 05:35 AM
Flemington

He's probably holding out for 70/1 as well.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Flemington

Quote:
He's probably holding out for 70/1 as well.
Now, why would you worry about the price of something you think can't happen? I am only looking for 100-1 because he could start limping soon as I make the bet.I'm not sure he will stay healthy enough to make the race,and I probably can't get Solis off him.Anybody with Alex Solis on them in the Derby is deserving of 100-1 right? He will get him stuck,and somebody will ride theirs perfectly. For this idiot to actually win a derby,I do think 100-1 (right now) is about right.The guy gets virgin tight in this race.It's been a disaster from Snowchief on in to now.Gunna take an overwhelming effort to overcome this idiot being up.Can't we all agree on this? The horse is badly handicapped.Chantal would probably have a better shot.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Oaklawn

Here's what Haskins has to say about Yankee Bravo:

"Yankee Bravo, making his dirt debut, ran well enough late to get third, which will keep him firmly entrenched on the Derby trail. Still lightly raced with only four starts, and with a big closing kick, he is not one to be taken lightly."

http://tcm.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=44007
Old 03-11-2008, 05:58 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyneedsawin
Here's what Haskins has to say about Yankee Bravo:

"Yankee Bravo, making his dirt debut, ran well enough late to get third, which will keep him firmly entrenched on the Derby trail. Still lightly raced with only four starts, and with a big closing kick, he is not one to be taken lightly."

http://tcm.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=44007
Why you do that to me Zippy? Dat was ruthless.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:17 AM
Dee Tee Stables

all i want to know is....is scuds calling steve christ big mouth, or himself?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:21 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Why you do that to me Zippy? Dat was ruthless.

I thought that would make you feel better. Do you feel insulted because you have a similar opinion as Haskins?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:23 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Now, why would you worry about the price of something you think can't happen?
You sound like a fine gentleman from Joisey I know, he and his family owned a horse that ran a fairly competitve 2nd to Holy Bull in the Haskell.

Anyway, whenever I tell him a horse he thinks is really clever has no shot or is impossible - I always get the macho tough talk, followed by him asking for odds on a prop that is out of touch with reality from a fair market price standpoint.

I personally think Yankee Bravo has a less than 1% chance of winning the Derby. However, I would have said the same thing with horses like Charismatic (off of a 3rd place finish in the El Camino Real Derby) or War Emblem (off of a 5th place finish in either the Risen Star or Lousianna Derby) at or around 8 weeks remaining the years they won the Derby.

However, I can assure you both Charismatic and War Emblem were triple digit odds at any vegas future book.

Yankee Bravo closed at 41/1 in the pool 2 futures - and he's between 30/1 and 50/1 in Vegas future books.

Even though I think he's less than 1% to win the Derby, I want no part of risking 4K worth of liability to win a measly $40... even from you!...or guys like my Joisey friend.

However, if you want action that badly, you can always PM me and perhaps we could hammer out a price more in line with what a horse like Yankee Bravo might trade at in a betting exchange market.

As for Steve Crist being a big mouth - both he and his wife beat me at putt-putt and neither gloated about there victory. He didn't exactly strike me as a big talker.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
i like you