Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Oaklawn

It certainly adds much more flavor to the race. Finally some half way decent news in the horse racing department.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
He'll have the favorite in both of them anyways, albeit not an overwhelming choice like Rags would have been in the Mother Goose.

We'll see how Dream Rush does in the Acorn. She may not maintain her performances as the races get longer but she's certainly a faster filly than Octave so far.

The thought of Octave winning big races saddens me.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Cahokia Downs

Default She's A Brick House

Thank you Mista Pletcha.
To those who thought the complection of the race changed when Digger was entered. What say you now?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Randwyck

and thank you Todd for not entering Circular quay in an impossible spot.
I surely would have burned more money on this colt, despite knowing there's no way he wants to go 12F.

I'm guessing Rags will be the 3rd betting choice...probably around 9-2 or so.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Jerome Park

I bet she's second choice.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
We'll see how Dream Rush does in the Acorn. She may not maintain her performances as the races get longer but she's certainly a faster filly than Octave so far.

Agreed, I don't like Octave or Cotton Blossom much at all. Panty Raid is his 2nd best filly and hopefully he'll get kicked upside the head and realize that soon.

I'm concerned about regression from Dream Rush. That was such a huge race in the Nassau, she can't possibly go forward from that. She might be able to regress a bit and still win, depending on what speed enters.

The Acorn is one of my favorite races of the year because of the handicapping challenge of it- you typically have stretchouts from the Nassau/other sprints, holdovers from the Comely, and cutbacks from the Oaks or BES. People tend to overlook the closing cutback types and they have won at a very high rate- the last 5 were all coming out of sharp efforts in 2 turn races. I can't remember where Finder's Fee ran prior in '01.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
I bet she's second choice.
But does she have a shot, I am going to say no, and is a huge underlay. Curlin and Spun are faster even though I like neither of them. And her being 3 or 4/1 isn't playable. I might play Spun by default at 6/1, he should love the distance and having that bs horse in there will benefit him as that he should get first run while sitting 2w about 2 lengths off
Old 06-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Flemington

Quote:

Will Octave run in the Acorn or the Mother Goose?

It seems as though Pletcher has suggested that he might now run Cotton Blossom in the Acorn and Octave in the Mother Goose.

If that's so---Dream Rush will be the favorite in the Acorn and I'd assume Christmas Kid the 2nd choice.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I bet you'll get a better price on Hard Spun than on the filly.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid
This filly was the only real chance he had at any of the triple crown races. Hes the only one that couldnt see that

Didnt realize that his owners were blind
Old 06-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
Will Octave run in the Acorn or the Mother Goose?

It seems as though Pletcher has suggested that he might now run Cotton Blossom in the Acorn and Octave in the Mother Goose.

If that's so---Dream Rush will be the favorite in the Acorn and I'd assume Christmas Kid the 2nd choice.
I'm not a big Christmas Kid fan.....and Cotton Blossom is ridiculously weak. You may be right, Octave could wait until the Mother Goose.

I won't even address Phil's silly rmarks about Dream Rush regressing after her absurd walk in the park in the Nassau. If that race took something out of her then the game is an even bigger joke than I think it is.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Flemington

Did Pletcher announce who will be riding her yet?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Oriental Park

KY_Sasquash

Maybe you are blind I said he is the only one that hadnt realized that, never said anything about the owners
Old 06-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I'm concerned about regression from Dream Rush. That was such a huge race in the Nassau, she can't possibly go forward from that. She might be able to regress a bit and still win, depending on what speed enters.
For the sake of your precious Panty you should be a lot more concerned about Dream Rush moving up off the Nassau! I think she is the only possible threat to Rags in the 3yo filly crop but I doubt her ability at a mile and an eighth to take down Rags. The Mother Goose should be interesting if Dream Rush is there as I think she might be good enough to beat the rest of the 3yo filly crop even at a less than desirable distance for her.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
I'm not a big Christmas Kid fan.....and Cotton Blossom is ridiculously weak. You may be right, Octave could wait until the Mother Goose.

I won't even address Phil's silly rmarks about Dream Rush regressing after her absurd walk in the park in the Nassau. If that race took something out of her then the game is an even bigger joke than I think it is.
She's a really nice filly, no question, and a mile isn't going to be a problem- but how often have we seen fillies like this go down in flames in the Acorn??
Old 06-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
Did Pletcher announce who will be riding her yet?
It has to be Prado, right?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
She's a really nice filly, no question, and a mile isn't going to be a problem- but how often have we seen fillies like this go down in flames in the Acorn??
You'll have to give me some real examples.

Panty Raid is a joke by the way. The field she beat, with a perfect trip, in the Black Eyed Susan was disgraceful.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Cahokia Downs

Default Oh Where Oh Where...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
It has to be Prado, right?

I'm guessin that TAP is looking for Prado as we thread.
Flemington

Quote:
Yes, CK would be VERY tough to play off a seemingly dream trip (who really knows what a dream trip on poly is though?) Grade 1 win at KEE...and those stakes in South Florida two and three back were watered down races....though I felt she was the best in those weak fields.

Dream Rush looks like the horse....but if Octave doesn't go...there goes any value.

Hopefully Pletcher decides to send both Octave and CB....and have Panty Raid as his Mother Goose horse.
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
For the sake of your precious Panty you should be a lot more concerned about Dream Rush moving up off the Nassau! I think she is the only possible threat to Rags in the 3yo filly crop but I doubt her ability at a mile and an eighth to take down Rags. The Mother Goose should be interesting if Dream Rush is there as I think she might be good enough to beat the rest of the 3yo filly crop even at a less than desirable distance for her.
She's by Wild Rush out of an Unbridled mare. I don't question her ability to go a route, I'm wary of speed types in the Acorn.